• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Flat firebird clones?

Ride the Throw

Bogey Member
Due to the Lack of availability of flatter champion firebirds, I am looking for another manufacturers similar disc.
Anyone know what disc flies like a flat firebird made in a premium champion like plastic?

No I am not looking for more info on firebirds, not gonna find one I want at a reasonable price.
I dont mess around with limited run discs etc, ill just find something else to throw instead.

The new run is plenty flat if you can check them out before you buy. I have 3 flat 12x, 2 of which are board flat.

There are super flat current run Champ Firebirds out there, but if you absolutely want a disc from another company, the Opto XXX is probably what you want.

Lack of availability? You must not be looking very hard, because they are everywhere. Donate $5 to the site and put up a wanted thread in the MP, I'm sure someone has one or two laying around!

Lack of availability? You must not be looking very hard, because they are everywhere. Donate $5 to the site and put up a wanted thread in the MP, I'm sure someone has one or two laying around!

Yes. I said that. No desire to look or buy used second hand. Want to go into a store, see if its flat enough for my liking and buy. Ill break it in myself. No I am not donating for the right to scour over threads and buy others used and abused plastic or pay a premium because my partners in disc golf like to buy out popular discs to rip off people later. Just don't get it, but hey I'm new here. I'm here to play golf, not play at trading/selling.

Glad you have such a high opinion of us here.

Guess I won't share the easy way to get them for stock prices with you then.

No I am not donating for the right to scour over threads and buy others used and abused plastic or pay a premium because my partners in disc golf like to buy out popular discs to rip off people later.

First off it's called being adventitious, tactical & smart. If people are willing to pay large amounts of money for OOP molds, OOP plastics, specific colors, specific weights or specific runs b/c they prefer older discs, are collectors or whatever reasons, that's fine...it's called supply & demand. (Run on sentence :D)

Hey thanks. This is helpful. I spent time looking for a bag yesterday and wanted a firebird with it, none of the shops I browsed had the FB. Probably should have Tried the factory store, but I wanted a backpack type bag too. I am looking for something more readily available and expressed that in the post. I need Something the shop I end up getting the bag from will likely have, because they dont have flat top FB's. that's all.

Hey thanks. This is helpful. I spent time looking for a bag yesterday and wanted a firebird with it, none of the shops I browsed had the FB. Probably should have Tried the factory store, but I wanted a backpack type bag too. I am looking for something more readily available and expressed that in the post. I need Something the shop I end up getting the bag from will likely have, because they dont have flat top FB's. that's all.

FYI the best way to get a backpack bag is to buy it online or from a friend. Most shops don't have that many models of backpack bags in the store. I don't think I've ever seen more than two backpack models in a disc golf shop at once. There are a lot of options when it comes to backpack bags, but I'd suggest getting one with a lifetime warranty. The best backpack bags IMO are the Grip, Ergo & Mahal. Many bags don't come with a good warranty, aren't structurally planned out well or are made out of as good of materials.

Glad you have such a high opinion of us here.

Guess I won't share the easy way to get them for stock prices with you then.

If the shoe fits. Go ahead and wear it, I guess it seems to fit?
No I do t need it at stock prices. Not buying a bunch to resell or anything. Just the one. Haha.

FYI the best way to get a backpack bag is to buy it online or from a friend. Most shops don't have that many models of backpack bags in the store. I don't think I've ever seen more than two backpack models in a disc golf shop at once. There are a lot of options when it comes to backpack bags, but I'd suggest getting one with a lifetime warranty. The best backpack bags IMO are the Grip, Ergo & Mahal. Many bags don't come with a good warranty, aren't structurally planned out well or are made out of as good of materials.

Yeah. I found the gateway ozark with its lifetime warranty at $120 one of the best deals out their. I just wanted a flat top firebird to ship with it. I think your understanding my dilemma now. Two hard to find products in the same shop is near impossible.

If the shoe fits. Go ahead and wear it, I guess it seems to fit?
No I do t need it at stock prices. Not buying a bunch to resell or anything. Just the one. Haha.

1. You think we're a bunch of slimeballs, yet you join the site. I came in this thread to help you, and you outright insulted this community. Might want to check your own shoes.

2. Stock prices mean store prices, not wholesale prices. Good luck finding them.

I also know of a place to get the Ozark new for a lot cheaper than 120. Have fun overpaying.

What a diva, this guy.

Flicks are the only disc I've know to always always always be flat, so that's my vote if you want guaranteed flat. They're a choice disc in my area for thumbers and, of course, flicks. Like, super-chucker huge anny-flex FH roller shots that miss the ground type forehands. I had never thrown anything as overstable til I got my first FB, which happened to be a flat FB. Then I got a few more, from stores and at tournaments for avg. retail prices like normal people do. It's good to plan ahead in life, but I guess I'm part of the reason you can't find 'em.. :)

1. You think we're a bunch of slimeballs, yet you join the site. I came in this thread to help you, and you outright insulted this community. Might want to check your own shoes.

2. Stock prices mean store prices, not wholesale prices. Good luck finding them.

I also know of a place to get the Ozark new for a lot cheaper than 120. Have fun overpaying.

Dude. I called no one slime balls or anything. Sorry if you have a guilty conscious or something. No need to troll me in this thread. Just pointed out that I get what's happening. There's a market for "unique" discs etc? I'm looking for an alternative to stuff that's hard to find for whatever reason. I just need throwers and a lot less of cry babies like you. I get the market. I'm not dissing it. Just saying I want no part of it. I'm here to throw and learn.

I'd say try a Z Flick but there's two kinds of them

Elite Z Flick 2.5's that are uber-flat and sweet, but oop
Or
Z Flick 2.0's that are pretty flat and can get more distance than elite z 2.5's. They are the current run stock ones on store shelves.

I like them both
I've also heard by many that the XXX are similar to FB

FWIW some of my favorite discs have been bought used at a good price. Already beat-in to their sweet spot.

Buy an Ozark directly from Gateway. Buy a Spirit or two from them as well. The Spirit is probably more OS than any FireBird. I have no idea if Gateway actually has either in stock.

Latest posts