• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flick/Forearm Disc

Not micro-chips, super magnets. Duh! In all seriousness, another vote for banshee. It's tougher to forehand an understable disc because a forehanded disc gains speed quicker than a backhanded one, therefore high speed turn kicks in faster and can lead to a quicker turnover. If you can manage to get the feel for flicking understables, you will have gained a valuable skill and will get more distance. That being said, if you need to forehand <300ft I will recommend sticking to the overstable banshee all day.

This is the right awnser if you want to be a FH noob your whole life. Flexing overstable stuff has its place, but if you want to be able to shape lines it is in your best interest to learn the understable stuff. If you stick with the overstable disc's your form will not improve anywhere near as fast as learning understable disc's. It will probably get even worse. If you only want to have a FH for FH hyzers and big flex shots than by all means only throw overstable disc's, but it sounds like you are looking to improve your overall game. You are taking the right step by discing down, and if you want to continue to improve its best to learn all different stabilities. I have an injury that has forced me to play about 80% FH and I have had to learn the hard way that Flexing overstable disc's will only get you so far.

The one disc that helped me more with my FH than any other is the Super Hero. A lightweight flippy lid. Learning to feel the weight of the disc shift in my hand and relying on that weight shift to generate distance has helped my FH form greatly.

I've been doing the opposite of the new mentality here, which is to disc down and work on technique. I've disced up and now throw my either a decently worn flick, brand new flick, decently worn zone, or brand new zone. I'll sometimes flick a vulcan when I want the disc to go far and way left before coming back right. But I've found that my snap is so good that I need something super fast to handle the speed. So I would suggest looking into an overstable mid or putter like the zone, drone, etc. They won't go as far but are great for 200-250 foot shots.

...i throw my avenger ss fh on a hyzerflip furhter than my buddy throws his boss. he throws the boss with so much anhyzer its almost like a tomahawk in order to get it to flex the distance in a huge s curve.

He must have really bad technique or no power...I can get my Boss to do crazy long S-curves and I barely put any anny or hyzer on mine.

i am wondering what is a good slower flick disc i have been thinking banshee but i dont know let me know what you think
thanks

I can forehand my Mako really well. You have to back down on the power because most of the slower speed discs don't need as much speed to get going. Also, by throwing sidearm you generally get a lot or torque on the disc which is why most stable-overstable discs are great since they won't flip very easy. I like the mako but that's just me, I havn't thrown many understable discs because I'm in love with my Boss :D

Latest posts