• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flip City Rating

You know the fact that there is a lively debate on which couse is better pretty much negates the purpose of reviewing. People will give artificially high or low scores so their home course will be number one. Oh sure we can all be REALLY unbiased....right? So how many folks reregisted from work under a different IP address and email address to pump up their favorite course?

that is hopefully where the trusted reviewers come in, so you know which reviews are hopefully the more accurate ones

after all, the purpose of this site is to help people learn as much as possible about potential new courses to play before they travel to play them - if people feel the need to 'pump up' their favorite courses that bad, then so be it, they are only fooling themselves, but that is not the goal of the site and I think Tim has done a great job with the overall goal

chances are, over rating your home courses will likely disappoint traveling players who play it, which might increase the chance that those traveling players will rate the course lower than normal

chances are, over rating your home courses will likely disappoint traveling players who play it, which might increase the chance that those traveling players will rate the course lower than normal

I think in regards from everything I have read, and have heard from players who have played most of DGCR's top ten, that it is pretty right on with what courses should be in the top ten. Don't think a lot of courses with 10+ reviews on this site are gonna make it with a home course over-rated bias review here and there.