• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Flippiest disc ever?

Back when I couldn't throw at all, I had a blizzard Boss that flipped to a roller from a near vertical hyzer it was so flippy. I think a driver can be the flippiest disc if it's Innova's blizzard.

Definitely an Optimizer. My eight year old granddaughter can get it to turn over, and she can only throw about 30 feet...

i used to have a super light dx condor, but even that wasn't super flippy to me. must have been the huge diameter.

I was looking for the same thing - a disc that would turn with minimal effort on a clean release. For me, a DX wedge turned like no other but it flew like a brick.

but is a dx sonic a good roller?
the shape seems odd for good rolls. also I keep hearing that this disc is fragile to cracks due to it's lid shape.

the sonic can be an excellent roller but more for short 200-250ft roller shots. as for fragility? just buy a PDGA approved HERO branded disc (example: the Hero Sport disc), its basically the same exact design as a Sonic but in jolly launcher plastic. Its all created in the innova factory - in fact even the Hero Dog Discs have innova hot stamps on the underside.

I stumbled onto the "sonic" indirectly by buying the Hero Dog Discs [Supersonic 215] for my dog . When I would go to the park with my dog (who's pretty good at catching discs) I would throw around with the wife when my dog was busy playing around with other dogs and we both noticed how damn flippy the disc was. It was durable as hell (its still in good condition after months of dog bites/catches).

eventually I was curious and would throw the disc straight with a ton of snap and lo and behold it would just flip up then straight vertical before landing into a nice roller that would go about 200-250ft.

I thought to myself, "damn this would be perfect for hole 15 at cranbury park, CT" which by happenstance is actually a difficult par 3 hole that requires a roller through/under a wall of 50 foot pine trees (or a huge 100ft hyzerbomb shot for righties) that cuts right through a dog park!. So I ended up buying the Disc Golf version (which is around 180g in jolly launcher plastic) and had my specially disc for that specific hole. Now I don't have any difficulty getting past that wall of pines.

I always get a "what disc was THAT?!" when I do the roller that is basically released flat but flips up and vertical then rolls past those pines. The best part is there is often a ton of late roller action if it gets caught up/hits one of the trunks... it'll jump up then go to the side then roll another 50ft anyway most of the time forward and out of danger of those damn pines on that damn hole.

Last edited:
150 class unlace. i know its not short range but the unlace is the flippiest disc i have ever seen. i throw it flat and it turns into a roller for you. go with firm. they beat in more and will roll over for you.

my DX Sonic is a blast to throw.. i mean its understable but no where near a turn and burn roller for me .. 150ft and in and thing is pure money running at baskets ..havent had it in the bag in ages though

I know this is supposed to be putters, but I cannot imagine a short range disc more flippy than the Miracle. It's nuts.

0191578.png

My first roller disc was a 150 Pro-D XL. You beat those in and they come out of your hand turning over on edge.

Latest posts