• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Flying Squirrel

Thanks all!

Just a quick thanks for all that have tried the Flying Squirrel. Whether you liked it or not, nice to know some are throwing it. Hope all of you are well and enjoying this fine game. Peace and blessings to all! :thmbup:

Dan Pastore

What is the flight numbers to this disc? I see two flights that are way different.
I got my dad one since he wanted one.

Thanks

Mine is like a gummy champion style plastic and it flies basically like an understable Comet, X Comet, lighter Fuse kind of disc. It's shaped like a beadless Comet and flies how you'd think. 4.5, 5, 0,-1.5 I guess. Fun disc.

Perfect. Thanks.....I saw some sites where the turn is -4, fade 1.

My dad told me to get 2 of them and is giving me one. I got the platinum, but the gold stamp is so damn cool. Ugh lol. I usually dont care what my disc looks like unless its brown or something.

Is it more domey or flat? Is it somewhat shallow? I hope so because I like shallow mids and putters. Also I'm a shallow person haha

Pretty much agree with Dave. Maybe a touch more understable than what he describes, but definitely not -4 turn rating.
They are comet-like though, in that if your form/release sucks, you're going to flip them and hate them and tell everyone they're flippy garbage. But they're not. With a clean release they're going to glide like crazy and drift to the right (RHBH.)
And they're sneaky long too because they're glidey.

The ones I've seen are not flat. They also have an odd rim configuration that I imagine many people would find uncomfortable. Never bothered me for backhands, but I wouldn't forehand one.

Underrated disc, I think.

I don't have much of a sample size for the Platinums, but the one I've thrown was considerably more "over"stable than the Gold. The Gold has much more wiggle (not really a "flip") without really fading all that much. The Platinum will actually fade. Both blends were pretty flat.

Will mirror the others in that it's a terminally underrated disc, as are most of the molds from ABC that I've thrown. The Secret Weapon was my favorite driver of the bunch.

This might be the disc I've been looking for as far as a little bit understable mid to bag. Stingrays are too much understable and the Wolf disc....not a fan.

I wouldn't have bought one for the price but my dad insisted. 14 bucks.....hopefully it's useful.

Latest posts