• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Foot Faults at World by Stokely

Given that it's climo, it's not completely unreasonable to believe it wasn't a true foot fault. You don't have to look hard to find out that he does this to gain an advantage on his competitors, either mentally or in this case an actual penalty stroke.

Ron Convers Jr posted that climo did the same to him on fb after this, seems to be part of his m.o.

Last edited:
I really would have no problem with this. And for everyone who thinks putting is too easy, a lot of birdie putts would be 30 or more feet longer

And it also eliminates the jump putt so that's a whole other issue gone

To many people, myself included, there is absolutely no way to see a foot fault on the video posted. The angle is wrong and the video is from 40+ feet away. The players are at least 30 feet away and it is a difficult call from that distance.

Nothing can be done at this time regarding stokely's situation, but is there anything that can be instituted for next time?

Colored chalk on the sole of your shoe.

Stand and deliver would solve sooooooo many problems. Only allow run-ups on the teepad.

I love this idea.
The game is SO much about that second shot too. I'd way prefer more complex shorter holes over wide open bombers too.

I really don't see the cons to stand and deliver

-All but eliminates the foot-fault in field driving and in the jump putt
-Eliminates all controversy around the jump-putt
-makes holes and long putts more challenging, which makes the scoring more impressive at the big events.

I'm not sure how "stand and deliver" eliminates jump putts. Jump putts typically are from a "stand and deliver" position...just one with a significant follow through. Stand and deliver eliminates the concern over missing the lie on a fairway throw, but it doesn't eliminate follow throughs, nor should it.

Stand and deliver would solve sooooooo many problems. Only allow run-ups on the teepad.

I was ready to shoot this down quite vehemently but I held off. Then I thought about it and said it makes sense but it still bothers me, like it always has. I thought some more and realized it doesn't bother me that much anymore as most of my shots 200' and in are now stand and deliver BHs or FHs. I thought even more and realized it is a pretty elegant solution to a lot of problems (foot faults, jump putts, makes holes harder for our top pros, makes shorter courses a little more relevant, is a little safer, may even speed up pace of play as players won't have to worry about/plan their run up...) and that I actually really like this idea.

+1 and 100 internets to you, sir.

I'm not sure how "stand and deliver" eliminates jump putts. Jump putts typically are from a "stand and deliver" position...just one with a significant follow through. Stand and deliver eliminates the concern over missing the lie on a fairway throw, but it doesn't eliminate follow throughs, nor should it.

Fair enough, just eliminate the jump putt.

Fair enough, just eliminate the jump putt.

How? Serious question. The desire to outlaw the jump putt has existed for a long long time. If there is a reasonable way to do it, I haven't seen it yet.

How? Serious question. The desire to outlaw the jump putt has existed for a long long time. If there is a reasonable way to do it, I haven't seen it yet.

The best I got is to just make the "circle" much larger.

Leading foot must remain in contact with the ground?

I dunno, just spitballin.

Hmmm ... I don't think I know what Stand and Deliver is anymore. I didn't think it allowed a follow-through. Someone care to give me a good explanation?

The video posted from behind stokely shows he didn't foot fault. The basket was to the right, he ran at a sideways angle throwing an anhyzer and planted his foot to the left which is the line of play with the basket.

Latest posts