• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Footware?

sunkissd

Bogey Member
Sometimes all I want to do is just kick off my shoes and play barefoot. Any of you ever get that way?

What shoes do yall play in? Do you have a pair of discin' shoes or no?
I usually wear my Columbia Dragonflies or my Ariat hiking boots

Footwear (sp). I have 5 pairs of New Balance MO889. I have wide feet so the 4E size works. Boots in winter.

Vibram fivefingers for me. I don't trust the courses around here in the twin cities enough to play barefoot...plus the concrete would hurt. I love my vff.

I love my Merrell's in the spring & summertime and rock my desert winter boots (standard Navy issue with Vibram soles) in the fall/winter. Never play barefoot....

I love to play barefoot in the summer if I know the course well enough to know it's clean (I play Pier Park barefoot a lot in ther summer, played Milo barefoot a few times too).

Otherwise, light breathable sneakers in the summer and Teva Riva eVents in the wet of winter. Or Bean hunting boots if it's torrential.

barefoot is awesome on green grass in the summer (i carry crocs for the teepads).
just got adidas Outdoor AX2 GTX Hiking Shoe a couple months ago. they've been great, so now i'm looking at the waterproof version

:hfive:

I love my SC3s. I think their soles are better than any Vibram I've worn.

I have absolutely no issues at all with grip in these. Wet blacktop or concrete have not been a concern at all, and the treads are deep enough to be fine on grass or dirt also.
Better yet, they might be the most comfortable shoes I've worn in a very long time - disc golfing or otherwise. I have long, narrow feet, and these fit perfectly. Much, much more comfortable than the North Face Blazes I bought before them.

I'm considering another pair as my daily shoe.

Sometimes all I want to do is just kick off my shoes and play barefoot. Any of you ever get that way?

What shoes do yall play in? Do you have a pair of discin' shoes or no?
I usually wear my Columbia Dragonflies or my Ariat hiking boots

Depends on the course. I've played barefoot and in 12" muck boots. 90% of the time I wear trail runner shoes. And I often forgo concrete tees.

I played the best disc golf of my career in these Nike Super Speed shoes. They are baseball "turf" shoes, marketed as pre-game shoes / coaches shoes. Look at the bottom... it's made to "spin / pivot" on. Plus the black & white uppers are pretty rugged.

TWO problems though
1. The concrete tee pads (I think) wore down the tread really really fast.
2. Nike stopped making them... mainly that sole. It's no longer on any other shoe.

Since then, I've played two different pair of Keen shoes... but encountered problems. Don't get me wrong, I love my Keen shoes & sandals... just not to play disc golf in though. I've got four pair of Keen shoes, 2 pair shoes, 1 pair sandals, 1 pair steel toed work boots (not to play in though). Problem is, the tread on my all of my Keen shoes seem to be TOO GRIPPY on concrete tee pads. Like stuck to the pad, resulting in twisting my knee & hips far more than I should be. OUCH!

Result: I'm going back to non-hiking shoes, with less grippy rubber soles. I figure it will be much easier to replace worn out shoes than ankles/knees/hips.

51bPj-gb44L.jpg

Last edited:
About every 6 weeks I buy a new pair of light sneakers from walk mart for 19.00 and spray them with water water proof spray. I then let them sit for 24 hours before I wear them. Works great.

I've bought much more expensive shoes before but found that I like cheap desposable shoes for disc golf because:
1) I've bought really expensive shoes and found they gave me blisters or just plain hurt my feet(I'm looking at you hiking boots)
2)odor..I've had expensive shoes that lasted a whole year almost but they stunk so bad I couldn't stand them
3)mud..on a super muddy day sometimes its just easier to throw them away and shell out another 20 bucks

bought a pair of vasque snow junkie boots today. so far so good in this muddy crap. hopefully the toe doesn't rip up.

very light; was quite happy with how nimble i felt despite being a "boot".

Last edited:

Latest posts