• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wet socks

I always bring plenty of socks and a few pair of shoes for road trips. Not only because feet get may wet during morning rounds, but different shoes put pressure on your feet a bit differently. Changing from hikers to trail runners (along with a change of socks) keeps my feet feeling fresh, and makes that 3rd round worth while.

/ minor thread drift.

A logger told me with my wet feet to wear athletic socks underneath wool ones.. Done it a few times in the winter and it works decent. I liked the dress socks under wool idea too.

Without reading the thread, if the weather's warm enough that I'm not wearing waterproof show boots, but is still wet, I'm wearing waterproof socks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CSQWC5F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have you used these exact socks, or are these a random search? How sweaty did your feet get?

I tried the Injinji "wool" socks and very breathable tennis shoes (basically). Feet were soaked, but not uncomfortable like cotton. I'm sure that would be the case with any wool socks. I don't like throwing in boots. Might try waterproof socks…

I have had the Seal Skinz for years and more recently have a pair of the Randy Suns. Waterproof socks>>>>>waterproof shoes imo. My feet do not get sweaty in them but to be honest my feet don't get sweaty regardless of my footwear so I am not much help on that front.

Have you used these exact socks, or are these a random search? How sweaty did your feet get?

I tried the Injinji "wool" socks and very breathable tennis shoes (basically). Feet were soaked, but not uncomfortable like cotton. I'm sure that would be the case with any wool socks. I don't like throwing in boots. Might try waterproof socks…

Yes, I've used the socks pictured since `19. I mostly use them in the spring with vented summer hiking boots. I wish I'd found this combo earlier. They aren't perfect but they sure beat anything I did previous. They're a little stiff but it's almost like wearing normal socks. They are three layered with the waterproof layer sandwiched in the middle.

When I play a particularly swampy course, I'll powder my feet and wear the socks with the boots to the course. After a round they'll both be covered with mud but my feet are clean, warm and almost dry. (Never determined if it's sweat or leakage.)

After the round I remove the chunks of mud and wash the socks and boots while I'm washing my discs and towel. They can go in a washing machine but I never tried that.

A logger told me with my wet feet to wear athletic socks underneath wool ones.. Done it a few times in the winter and it works decent. I liked the dress socks under wool idea too.

In the winter I use anti-perspirant, powder, sock liners (Dress socks or women's "trouser socks") wool socks and whatever boot is appropriate. IMO the key to winter foot comfort is to not sweat.