• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

socks?

Qstick333

Birdie Member
My feet tend to get pretty sweaty during a round and I think it is time I try something other then the cotton socks I have always worn. I've read about wool being a decent option and also some of the synthetic blends that are on the market now, but I don't have any personal experience with any of them.

What are your favorite socks for disc golf?

Funny, I just bought a pair of Eddie Bauer wool no-show socks and love them. Best $12 I spent on a pair of socks in my life.

Get some good wool socks.

Summer: cotton. My feet don't get too sweaty so no issues. If it's particularly humid, a lil' Gold Bond goes onto my toes first.

Late-fall/winter/early-spring: Sealskinz trekking socks plus standard cotton. The 'skinz breath really well but are super warm and waterproof, with great cushioning.

I go thru socks pretty quickly, usually have to buy a few new packs a year.

I like Hanes X-temps, they breathe better than cotton and keep my feet drier.

My new favorites - http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Life...ht-Crew-Socks-for-Men/product/13033005513242/

When it's cold - http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Lifetime-Guarantee-AllPurpose-Socks-for-Men/product/34713/

If you live near a Bass Pro these socks are awesome $12 and a lifetime guarantee. They usually last 1.5-2 years of HEAVY use(3-5+ years of light use.) The return process is super easy.

If you look at wool socks make sure they're merino wool.

In the summer I like a light weight merino wool sock with Ingenius in it, though I often wear regular old cotton socks. I haven't tried them but these look like they would be a good option - http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Ingenius-Series-Sock-Lightweight/749073.uts

You could always try carrying an extra pair or two of socks and change mid round. Also, you might want to look into vented shoes to let more air in to dry your socks.

Last edited:
Nearly any of the smart wool, synthetic socks will blow you away. There is such a difference between good wicking socks and cotton. This is one of the most underrated changes a golfer can make to enjoy the game more.

Darn tough socks are awesome. Guaranteed for life. Good in summer and winter in my opinion.

I use the REI brand smart wool socks

medium weight, great in both summer and winter

They are magical.

Slowly converting all of my socks to wool, expensive but well worth it.

I usually play in Hanes X-temp socks, or smart wool hiking socks since we spend a lot of time in the bush backpacking. I go through socks a lot as well like someone else mentioned, but you get what you pay for in terms of good quality smart wool socks. With the backpacking we do, biking and disc golf, I can get a pair to last about a year in rotation with other pairs.

Of all the socks I've tried smartwool has held up the best. Three different kinds wore through the heel but the smartwools are still going strong with no signs of wear after 2 years.

Now for some humor........

Red Sox are ok unless ur a Yankees fan

The only socks I wear are Merino wool. And we have some HOT summers here in Eastern WA. My feet sweat much less in wool than cotton.

Smart Wool is were it's at. I've amassed a bit of a collection since I first tried them. Running, cycling, hiking (light, mid, heavyweights), casual, all awesome. Comfortable, non-stinky, and breathe great.

Another vote for Darn Tough. When you've gone through the rest of the "best", these will be the socks you'll end up with in the end. They're that awesome.

It kills me that people will pay 20 bucks a pair for Smartwool socks that last six months. Or you could spend the same amount on Darn Tough socks which last forever and if they do wear out you send them back and get a new pair.

I don't know what some of you are doing in your socks, but I still have smartwool socks that I bought in 2010. I'd venture a guess that I wear them roughly once a week, maybe a bit less. I know I haven't spent more than $8 on any of them either. Rei outlet, Nordstrom Rack usually have them for cheap.

Don't forget to wash and dry them inside out.

Last edited:

Latest posts