• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

I assume that this has been talked about before in this thread, but how does the Sparkle plastic fly as compared to Pinnacle/Icon? Innova Metal Flake stuff tends to fly more overstable than it's champion counterparts, but is this true of Legacy as well? Marshallstreet has a bunch of Sparkle stuff running around and I was wondering if it was worth checking out compared to the regular stuff.

Depends on the mold, but it seems like they are generally on the more overstable side of Icon in my experience. Sparkle Rivals are pretty overstable, but not as much as some of the Legends. Same with Patriots and Outlaws.

I'd like to see some slower drivers, like Leopard/Gazelle speed.

Yeah i LOVE my Patriots and have the same feel in the hand for me as the Leopard but it does seem a touch faster.. The Gauge is sneaky long and can fill that gap from slow mid to fairway but im with you there isnt a "tweener" type mold

Believe it or not, the Patriot has a 1.8 rim which is wider than TeeBirds so there's a considerable amount of speed difference between Pats and Gauges. I will say that Gauges are scary long when you hit them right though, that's for sure!

Yeah i LOVE my Patriots and have the same feel in the hand for me as the Leopard but it does seem a touch faster.. The Gauge is sneaky long and can fill that gap from slow mid to fairway but im with you there isnt a "tweener" type mold

When making the switch, I definitely found the Patriots to be faster but not a silly glidey as Leopards. I might get 10' more out of a Patriot but the overall distance is very similar with a much more reliable flight pattern. Leopards need more room to work as they have more turn and more fade that a Patriot.

As much as I like tweaker molds, I still feel that the main home in the Legacy lineup is the PD/Thunderbird slot. I don't mind powering up or down on a Ghost/Rival to make a Gazelle, but doing the same on a Outlaw/Rival just feels much harder for me. If the Icon Enemy seasons in quickly, maybe we can make it work. Until then, I will just throw my Pumpkin Thunderbirds and be sad.

I've been thinking the same thing. Something in the speed 9/10 range that is Orc-like in that Uber sexy pearly pinnacle plastic that the 2nd run Outlaws are being run in would be the bees knees. Basically a slower Outlaw but faster than a Rival. Yep.

Believe it or not, the Patriot has a 1.8 rim which is wider than TeeBirds so there's a considerable amount of speed difference between Pats and Gauges. I will say that Gauges are scary long when you hit them right though, that's for sure!

wow i didnt realize it was that large.. just feels like home to me lol :D

As much as I like tweaker molds, I still feel that the main home in the Legacy lineup is the PD/Thunderbird slot. I don't mind powering up or down on a Ghost/Rival to make a Gazelle, but doing the same on a Outlaw/Rival just feels much harder for me. If the Icon Enemy seasons in quickly, maybe we can make it work. Until then, I will just throw my Pumpkin Thunderbirds and be sad.

I've been thinking the same thing. Something in the speed 9/10 range that is Orc-like in that Uber sexy pearly pinnacle plastic that the 2nd run Outlaws are being run in would be the bees knees. Basically a slower Outlaw but faster than a Rival. Yep.

oh yeah im with you there fellas... i imagine we will get a Wraith like disc before that just b/c the bossman throws them but we are in need of a speed 10ish workhorse mold

Try the Legacy Phenom to replace that Thunderbird

13692482_845334652270528_2477841359929574746_n.jpg

yeah im with ya on the stamp itself.. i know Rico is into the ultimate fighting .. love the plastic blend and mold combo but for a company that usually knocks out good looking stamps (imho) this one is a bit meh

yeah im with ya on the stamp itself.. i know Rico is into the ultimate fighting .. love the plastic blend and mold combo but for a company that usually knocks out good looking stamps (imho) this one is a bit meh

What is that disc btw? Legend Fighter?

I think SB is a mix of their premium plastics (Icon, Pinnacle, and Legend). At least that's what it was when they released Rivals in it. Plastic looks very similar to the first SB Rival release.

Latest posts