• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

I just picked up a couple protege hunters and I am loving them. They come out of the hand a bit cleaner than my clutches on drives and upshots. I don't know if I will putt with them, but I want some icon ones in my bag for upshots and drives.

I just picked up a couple protege hunters and I am loving them. They come out of the hand a bit cleaner than my clutches on drives and upshots. I don't know if I will putt with them, but I want some icon ones in my bag for upshots and drives.

I love putting with the Protege Hunter. I find the Icon to be better for driving but my favorite is the limited release Pinnacle Hunter. It is a beautiful white pearly disc with nice legacy stamp in the middle.

First I've heard about new ghosts.

New run pinnacle ghost vs wasp?

The new run of ghosts fly exactly how one would imagine a Roc flies--very straight with a forward, penetrating fade. Every one I've thrown from this run handles power and anhyzer well. Aqua and milky blue second runs are me faves!

I love putting with the Protege Hunter. I find the Icon to be better for driving but my favorite is the limited release Pinnacle Hunter. It is a beautiful white pearly disc with nice legacy stamp in the middle.

Those pinnacles sounds tasty but I avoid limited runs. I like the protege plastic, but I tend to steer towards premium putters unless I am getting a baseline one to beat to snot for long putts and turnovers.

The new run of ghosts fly exactly how one would imagine a Roc flies--very straight with a forward, penetrating fade. Every one I've thrown from this run handles power and anhyzer well. Aqua and milky blue second runs are me faves!

Legacy runs some pretty aqua/pale blue plastic.

I love their white/off white Pinnacle. Truly the definition of pearly. Honestly, not sure I have seen any Legacy plastic I did not like. I am not sure I can say that about any other manufacturer.

Yep. Some of the best and only blue discs I like out there.
I love their white/off white Pinnacle. Truly the definition of pearly. Honestly, not sure I have seen any Legacy plastic I did not like. I am not sure I can say that about any other manufacturer.

My white pinnacles are almost all gummy fingerprint gstar type plastics. Milky. I dig em!

oops wrong thread.

That's okay, because thread revival here is a good thing: I just got an Icon Phenom and got in some throws with it on the range.

Someone said the Phenom was exactly like a TL3... that' s not quite the case as the TL3 is flat and the Phenom is not. The Phenom is not very domey at all, but it's not flat like the Innova "3" series discs mostly are.

Having said that, the Phenom felt good in the hand. I like the Icon plastic, firm and not too grippy but not too slick; ju-ust right. Mine is yellow, bright yellow; I have no trouble finding it. And the flight is very good. Good and long, slight turn and then fade back. I didn't get to make comparison throws directly against the TL, but I'm going to take the Phenom to the course and see how it does.

Matched with the Icon Patriot, my control driver (speed 7-8) slots might just be all-Legacy before too long. Twill be HARD to give up the TL, though... :eek:

A buddy showed me a new special clear blend of pinnacle today. He says its supposed to be the most stable plastic Legacy has produced, like gun metal legend +.

The plastic had great grip and was nicely firm without being stiff.

Any reports?

A buddy showed me a new special clear blend of pinnacle today. He says its supposed to be the most stable plastic Legacy has produced, like gun metal legend +.

The plastic had great grip and was nicely firm without being stiff.

Any reports?

They've been messing around with a bunch of different blends recently. It sounds like you're talking about the new clear experimental Enemies. Those are the only ones run in that particular plastic I think. They've been doing a bunch of different discs in their "test run pinnacle" plastic which is similar but isn't ridiculously overstable or anything. Most of these are available from the Legacy Discs Pro Shop online. They're mainly fundraiser discs for tournaments.

Here's a link to the Enemies, which is what it sounds like your friend is talking about.

They've been messing around with a bunch of different blends recently. It sounds like you're talking about the new clear experimental Enemies. Those are the only ones run in that particular plastic I think. They've been doing a bunch of different discs in their "test run pinnacle" plastic which is similar but isn't ridiculously overstable or anything. Most of these are available from the Legacy Discs Pro Shop online. They're mainly fundraiser discs for tournaments.

Here's a link to the Enemies, which is what it sounds like your friend is talking about.

No, I'm 100% sure its not a Enemy.

I looked it up when I posted and saw a video of Steve ripping it and it always had a health fade. Its the same "Earth Day Honeybee" stamp that Legacy did for Airborn DG. Again, sound like the same plastic clear.

Any other reports on how they fly or if/when they will become production?

No, I'm 100% sure its not a Enemy.

I looked it up when I posted and saw a video of Steve ripping it and it always had a health fade. Its the same "Earth Day Honeybee" stamp that Legacy did for Airborn DG. Again, sound like the same plastic clear.

Any other reports on how they fly or if/when they will become production?

Those are the "Earth Day" Rivals. I've heard they're one of the more overstable rivals but I haven't thrown one myself. As far as I know they were another fundraiser release through the Legacy Pro Shop. Best way to find one now is on the Legacy Collectors Facebook page.

Update: I guess my Icon Phenom hit the ground, trees, etc. a little too hard. It went from a mildly overstable disc to flippy understable. For two weekends now I thrown it an the range, and the Phenom turns over while my Icon Patriot is the more stable-to-overstable disc. The Patriot doesn't really fade much, but it turns over less than my Phenom. I don't know if some flashing wore off the Phenom or if some hard ground hits are the culprit, but the Phenom isn't really useful for me right now, and it certainly will not supplant the River or FD in my bag.

Anyone else have a Phenom go flippy understable on them?

Update: I guess my Icon Phenom hit the ground, trees, etc. a little too hard. It went from a mildly overstable disc to flippy understable. For two weekends now I thrown it an the range, and the Phenom turns over while my Icon Patriot is the more stable-to-overstable disc. The Patriot doesn't really fade much, but it turns over less than my Phenom. I don't know if some flashing wore off the Phenom or if some hard ground hits are the culprit, but the Phenom isn't really useful for me right now, and it certainly will not supplant the River or FD in my bag.

Anyone else have a Phenom go flippy understable on them?

Phenoms were designed to be a longer Patriot. Longer as in less stable because they have a little wiggle in their flight where as a Patriot is really good at straight with little to no fade or holding a slow turnover line as they age.

I've got a few friends that have let me throw their legend Phenoms and my impression was that its an easy distance woods disc. Your Icon prolly just beat in to where its gonna be for a while stability wise. Legend might be a better plastic option as my Legacy Legend seasons to hold a tick more stability than their other plastics.

How does your understable Phenom compare to the S-FD? I'd think there'd be a fair amount of overlap but Icon may season quicker than S-line but I'd bet the Legacy grip is better.

How does your understable Phenom compare to the S-FD? I'd think there'd be a fair amount of overlap but Icon may season quicker than S-line but I'd bet the Legacy grip is better.

Yes, they overlap. At first, the Phenom had a little bit of turn and some fade back. I used it in the woods and got a tap-in birdie on a hole 250 ft. long throwing through a tight gap at 150 ft. that then opens up. Then, and we're not talking over very much time at all, the Phenom started going more and more flippy and understable and is now unusable on that hole.

The S-FD also has some turn and a little bit (not much but a little bit) of fade back, while my Star TL doesn't turn as much and fades a bit more. The Phenom was originally like the turn of the FD and the fade of the TL; now the Phenom just turns over.

Yeah, my icon patriot turns a good bit while my silver surfer legend patriots are laser beam straight on a slight hyzer flip, and have been that way for a while with the most seasoned silver legend having no fade at 300' and turns 30' to the right to the ground at 350' in calm conditions on a low flat line.

I should have added above that my Icon Patriot is VERY much like my S-FD. Some turn and some fade. That Patriot was the only one they had at PIAS, and I used my PIAS Freebie card (buy 10 get one free) to get it. It's darker blue, so I don't use it all that much, but I imagine if I used it a lot it would season in to more understability. The Patriot is also like a longer Leopard, for Leo users out there.

I should have added above that my Icon Patriot is VERY much like my S-FD. Some turn and some fade. That Patriot was the only one they had at PIAS, and I used my PIAS Freebie card (buy 10 get one free) to get it. It's darker blue, so I don't use it all that much, but I imagine if I used it a lot it would season in to more understability. The Patriot is also like a longer Leopard, for Leo users out there.

Longer Leopard, yeah. Or, Patriot = Leopard3 for me. I dont mean similar. I mean equal. Equal flights, equal distance, and land just about within arms reach of one another.

Longer Leopard, yeah. Or, Patriot = Leopard3 for me. I dont mean similar. I mean equal. Equal flights, equal distance, and land just about within arms reach of one another.

Yes, the Leopard3 is also a great comparison for the Patriot. I get a bit more distance out of my Patriot than my Leopard or Leo3, though.

Latest posts