• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

I like how people still believe that color affects stability across a range of discs. It doesn't work like that.

I like how people still believe that color affects stability across a range of discs. It doesn't work like that.

In and of itself, color doesn't affect stability nor flight. But what might happen is that they come in one day, say "We're going to make a run of this disc, and dye them all pink." And for whatever reason, maybe the room was a different temperature than other days, affecting the cooling of the discs. So that batch comes out with a different stability, and someone notices the color and says "the pink discs are different stability".

In and of itself, color doesn't affect stability nor flight. But what might happen is that they come in one day, say "We're going to make a run of this disc, and dye them all pink." And for whatever reason, maybe the room was a different temperature than other days, affecting the cooling of the discs. So that batch comes out with a different stability, and someone notices the color and says "the pink discs are different stability".

This is true, Lots of discs from Innova as of last few years made discs in different plastics in a neon green yellow in both Star and Champion, and they are nice because the color of plastic is easy to see and find on the course. Both my 176 gram Champion Shark 3's are this color as is my 2016 175 gram no flight number Star Shark. Both are different types of plastic and discs so I feel the color was one that the Innova brand overproduced in as I have a Champion Destroyer 167 grams in the same color form 2014. Innova makes lots of discs now as of mid 2010's in that neon green yellow just because it is the color they have too much of and want to get rid of the color. Like they bought out that color dye for discs, so no other brand can have that color.

This is true, Lots of discs from Innova as of last few years made discs in different plastics in a neon green yellow in both Star and Champion, and they are nice because the color of plastic is easy to see and find on the course. Both my 176 gram Champion Shark 3's are this color as is my 2016 175 gram no flight number Star Shark. Both are different types of plastic and discs so I feel the color was one that the Innova brand overproduced in as I have a Champion Destroyer 167 grams in the same color form 2014. Innova makes lots of discs now as of mid 2010's in that neon green yellow just because it is the color they have too much of and want to get rid of the color. Like they bought out that color dye for discs, so no other brand can have that color.

You are rambling and just making up garbage comments. Nothing you say is ever accurate.

Yes

No

You are rambling and just making up garbage comments. Nothing you say is ever accurate.
Maybe

I've been loving the Patriot a lot lately. Having pulled three QJs for the winter, my two trusted silver surfers are getting a shot at bag time and so far they've been better than I was expecting. They seem to fill that spot between my stable QJ and the next slightly less stable QJ as well as the spot before my flippy QJ. It's not perfect, but I've been hyzer flipping a glow Phenom to hit turnover lines and the Phenom makes a nice bridge to my utilities.

My bud and I have been hitting a few courses lately for some fun after work and I've been using his discs. After a couple dozen golf shots my initial impression is the new pinny is the stable QJ fill in I've been missing. I had previously tried another friend's new cfr pinny Pat with 350'+ power on a 30' high line (not knowing what to expect) I didn't see any turn in a mild L to R heady where my most stable surfer (seasoned) would have drifted 20-30' right before flexing back at that height. It's nicely HSS and close to my well seasoned lower power laser beam legend Rival but with half the fade more like no fade to slight pop up on a 330'+ lower line.

So... my first disc purchase of 2018 is a first run Pat from DGC. Its clearish burple with tons of pearl like a really nice pearly Buzzz with streaks across the flight plate and liquid flowing color in the rim with a red, white, and blue flag stamp. The PLH is higher than my legends with less dome. The plastic compared to my silver Legends is no where as stiff, its not soft like Latitude nor ridge like most Champion either. I'll stick my neck out there and liken it to 11x KC Pro for flex and grip (multiple side by side checks) and Old school Z for pearl and sexy. Of course, my buds cfr wasn't pearly as I recall just flat and candy like JL so YMMV.

So in conclusion, it's not a TL or Shark at all. Move along boys...

Attachments

• Patriot.jpg
    Patriot.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 44
I've been loving the Patriot a lot lately. Having pulled three QJs for the winter, my two trusted silver surfers are getting a shot at bag time and so far they've been better than I was expecting. They seem to fill that spot between my stable QJ and the next slightly less stable QJ as well as the spot before my flippy QJ. It's not perfect, but I've been hyzer flipping a glow Phenom to hit turnover lines and the Phenom makes a nice bridge to my utilities.

My bud and I have been hitting a few courses lately for some fun after work and I've been using his discs. After a couple dozen golf shots my initial impression is the new pinny is the stable QJ fill in I've been missing. I had previously tried another friend's new cfr pinny Pat with 350'+ power on a 30' high line (not knowing what to expect) I didn't see any turn in a mild L to R heady where my most stable surfer (seasoned) would have drifted 20-30' right before flexing back at that height. It's nicely HSS and close to my well seasoned lower power laser beam legend Rival but with half the fade more like no fade to slight pop up on a 330'+ lower line.

So... my first disc purchase of 2018 is a first run Pat from DGC. Its clearish burple with tons of pearl like a really nice pearly Buzzz with streaks across the flight plate and liquid flowing color in the rim with a red, white, and blue flag stamp. The PLH is higher than my legends with less dome. The plastic compared to my silver Legends is no where as stiff, its not soft like Latitude nor ridge like most Champion either. I'll stick my neck out there and liken it to 11x KC Pro for flex and grip (multiple side by side checks) and Old school Z for pearl and sexy. Of course, my buds cfr wasn't pearly as I recall just flat and candy like JL so YMMV.

That is a good looking disc. I have said since I stumbled upon my first Pinnacle Rival, Legacy has the best Champion/Z type plastic around. Now I haven't tried the new JL type Pinnacle, but I am excited to do so. I just hope the older pearly stuff isn't a thing of the past.

It's probably more like this: they run a certain mold with blue pellets and they come out with a higher/lower dome than the pink pellet run.

They more than likely make so many in that color because it's regularly requested by their customers. Not that I know every disc golfer, but most of the ones I know prefer that color because it's very visible (same for pink). Innova is a business, and businesses want to turn a profit. Learning what the needs of their customers are and delivering them is an easy way to do that.

Where do you come up with your theories, and why do you always present them like they're facts?

Beautiful disc you've got there! I've heard the first-runs are amazing, but I've never been lucky enough to throw one.

This is one I got about a month ago from the recent run of Pinnacles they put out with the throwback stamp. Very flat, stable, pearly goodness. I'm not sure where exactly it fits in my lineup since it seems to overlap a bit with my well-worn Sparkle Rival. Definitely more stable than the older opaque lightweight Pinnacle Patriots I normally bag.

Attachments

• patriot.jpg
    patriot.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 46
..... After a couple dozen golf shots my initial impression is the new pinny is the stable QJ fill in I've been missing. I had previously tried another friend's new cfr pinny Pat with 350'+ power on a 30' high line (not knowing what to expect) I didn't see any turn in a mild L to R heady where my most stable surfer (seasoned) would have drifted 20-30' right before flexing back at that height. It's nicely HSS and close to my well seasoned lower power laser beam legend Rival but with half the fade more like no fade to slight pop up on a 330'+ lower line.

I was talking with a cat from Legacy, and the super clear Pinnacle they're running this year are beefier versions of the discs. I'm sticking with my hot pink/aqua blue Icon Patriots for long and easy turnovers, but for those that are bagging Patriots in multiple plastic blends, sounds like you have a new option.

Beautiful disc you've got there! I've heard the first-runs are amazing, but I've never been lucky enough to throw one.

This is one I got about a month ago from the recent run of Pinnacles they put out with the throwback stamp. Very flat, stable, pearly goodness. I'm not sure where exactly it fits in my lineup since it seems to overlap a bit with my well-worn Sparkle Rival. Definitely more stable than the older opaque lightweight Pinnacle Patriots I normally bag.

Ya, but by first run I mean first run of the new clear pinnacle blend, like yours and mine. Yes they put the pinnacle first run throwback stamp on it.

I was talking with a cat from Legacy, and the super clear Pinnacle they're running this year are beefier versions of the discs. I'm sticking with my hot pink/aqua blue Icon Patriots for long and easy turnovers, but for those that are bagging Patriots in multiple plastic blends, sounds like you have a new option.

New Pinnacle also found in Cannons, Rampages, Rivals, Patriots, and Gauges too.

I have 2 X-out Rivals in the clear Pinnacle on the way from Infinite, just over $10 apiece. I found one used and it's a nice OS compliment to my Icon Rivals.

Problem with this clear run is it's kinda invisible, case in point....

Attachments

• 20180127_152449.jpg
    20180127_152449.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 59
Ya, but by first run I mean first run of the new clear pinnacle blend, like yours and mine. Yes they put the pinnacle first run throwback stamp on it.

Ah, ok gotcha. The plastic from this run is just amazing. I am also bagging a Rival in the new stuff (although it is not quite so pearly), and it is great. Nice stable bookend to my fairway lineup.

I have 2 X-out Rivals in the clear Pinnacle on the way from Infinite, just over $10 apiece. I found one used and it's a nice OS compliment to my Icon Rivals.

Problem with this clear run is it's kinda invisible, case in point....

Oh, wow that color. Hope you aren't too attached to that disc, haha.

Did anyone buy a stack of the EXP Pinnacle Clutches, or at least have one to spare? Been waiting years for one and the ONE WEEK I decide not to check the proshop they're released. Hook a brother up with one somebody?

Like, please.

Rival is the teebird and is amazing. I currently bag those, the aftermath for turn over forehands, the hunter, clutches for putting (best putter ever), bandit = slightly less good valk and I've thrown many others. I love legacy and will trade for any rivals or clutches anybody has

I was talking with a cat from Legacy, and the super clear Pinnacle they're running this year are beefier versions of the discs.

I believe this 100%. The outlaw I got is more like an XCal, and the PLH is definitely higher - whether that's due to the plastic blend or whatever remains to be seen. The PLH was in line with the whole stack of new pinnacle that was at the store. Good thing I have a nice stack of 2R pinnacle outlaws in case I want to go back to them, I just can't see the new pinnacle outlaws being useful at all to me.

Latest posts