• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Remember those first run Pinnacle Clutches that came out recently? The clear ones? Yeah, mines already CE-ified. Shouldn't be so damn finger printy from being stored in a cool dark place inside a ziplock back inside an air tight storage bin. Anyone hear about this on the facebooks or elsewhere?

Attachments

• Pinnacle Clutch.jpg
    Pinnacle Clutch.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 81
Stupid excel ghosts taking me too much time to break in to be a straight/turnover version. Having to put an x comet back in the bag. I don't know if I'll ever get to throw my protege ghost since the excel has been great so far. Really digging these guys. Just wish my courses around here would let me break in a patriot so I could see some turn on it.

Ok, so I can see from the posts on here that none of you have thrown a pursuit. I have. It is beef with a side of beef. As much beef as the Pursuit is, I can't imagine what the Recluse is going to be. Im.guessing the Recluse will be the Fighter of the mid range line up where the Pursuit is the faf gunmetal Enemy of the mid line up. Anyone thinking they need more than a Pursuit for beef actually needs form work.

I am a huge KC Pro Roc snob and I really like the Pinnacle Ghost, and the Icon Ghost smokes a Star Rancho Roc. Enough to by some more in their hard KC type plastic.

Ok, so I can see from the posts on here that none of you have thrown a pursuit. I have. It is beef with a side of beef. As much beef as the Pursuit is, I can't imagine what the Recluse is going to be. Im.guessing the Recluse will be the Fighter of the mid range line up where the Pursuit is the faf gunmetal Enemy of the mid line up. Anyone thinking they need more than a Pursuit for beef actually needs form work.

Just got my Pursuit in the mail yesterday. Hoping for just regular beef as I don't feel like mega-beef is a thing I need...

Just got my Pursuit in the mail yesterday. Hoping for just regular beef as I don't feel like mega-beef is a thing I need...

Beefy, but not absurdly so. Doesn't feel like a Beadless Gator because of the beveled rim, but it flies a lot like one. Maybe a touch more glide, but comparable.

I'm still trying to hash out my midrange lineup and I'm looking for a workhorse mid. I was thinking of trying out a ghost in either Protege or Gravity but don't have anywhere to feel them. Which plastic would you recommend?

I'm still trying to hash out my midrange lineup and I'm looking for a workhorse mid. I was thinking of trying out a ghost in either Protege or Gravity but don't have anywhere to feel them. Which plastic would you recommend?

I love Gravity. It's like old Pro (but not slick like KC Pro). Beats in slowly and has great grip right out of the box. Excel also feels good, but it starts out a tick more understable and gets flippy pretty quick. I started with one of each and when my Gravity got workable enough, I kicked out the Excel and started cycling the Gravities.

I'm throwing Gravity and Protege. Gravity Ghosts feel like old-school DX Rocs to me. For a baseline plastic it is taking forever to get flippy. Great grip in all conditions. The Protege Ghosts are fairly domey and feel like KC Rocs but pretty straight out of the box. If you flatten them they will fly a little faster and have a bit more turn, but stay the same stability for a while too.

Shop has FR pinnacle ghosts for $20. Is it a good pickup at that price? Really like the icon ghost I got recently.

I just added another Legacy disc with funny money, Patriot, and it's turning out to be exactly what I wanted there, and may have kicked out a couple of other molds. That makes two in my bag, and Hunter is my favorite putting putter of all time. I do also have an Outlaw which I could make work, but just isn't necessarily better than what I have in the max D stable slots.

So, with that, what other molds from legacy really shine compared to the competition? I am not a brand loyalist, and have an extremely mixed bag. I just really like the plastic, and if it fits, will try to add more Legacy.

I just added another Legacy disc with funny money, Patriot, and it's turning out to be exactly what I wanted there, and may have kicked out a couple of other molds. That makes two in my bag, and Hunter is my favorite putting putter of all time. I do also have an Outlaw which I could make work, but just isn't necessarily better than what I have in the max D stable slots.

So, with that, what other molds from legacy really shine compared to the competition? I am not a brand loyalist, and have an extremely mixed bag. I just really like the plastic, and if it fits, will try to add more Legacy.

I've had a lot of success with the Rival as my workhorse fairway driver. You could definitely try pairing one up with the Patriot you are enjoying.

Most Legacy molds are directly interchangeable with some other mold from another company. I throw Outlaws, Rivals, Patriots, Ghosts. The Outlaw is a direct replacement for Destroyers, Rivals for Teebirds, Ghosts for Rocs. I could switch back to Innova at any point without skipping a beat.

I think if you ask most Legacy loyalists what the "must have" molds are, you'll hear a lot of Rival and Phenom. But to me, the Rival is pretty much interchangeable with the Teebird/Teebird3 depending on the run. It feels and flies pretty much the same in my experience. The Phenom is like a slightly faster TL and it doesn't really fit into my bag setup.

The new Pursuit is pretty sweet, it's like a Buzzz OS. I wouldn't say it's head and shoulders above the competition, there are a ton of great overstable mids out there now. But it's a great disc in Legacy plastic. Just picked one up in Glow and it feels/flies amazing.

To me, the big draw of Legacy is the plastic, not the molds.

Latest posts