• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

A TL, or Eagle L may be the way I go in the long run but I've got the time and money to search, maybe the explorer again maybe it'll be the rival idk yet. Thanks for that comparison though may have to look for an X out eagle L next

You might also consider the Pipeline and the TL3.

You might also consider the Pipeline and the TL3.

Ok, in you opinion what is the difference in TL and TL3? Also I'd you have any experience with the pipeline, what's it like? Right now I have most of my real experience with convits and escapes if you could make a real comparison (not flight number and heresay) that would help a lot.

Ok, in you opinion what is the difference in TL and TL3? Also I'd you have any experience with the pipeline, what's it like? Right now I have most of my real experience with convits and escapes if you could make a real comparison (not flight number and heresay) that would help a lot.

The TL3 is not domier than the TL, though the TL3 is not "3" series flat.

The TL3 is a tad more stable than the TL, especially for those that have more armspeed than me.

I do have a Pipeline and I like it. Very straight but it does fade more than the TL/TL3. I'd say it's between the TL3 and the Teebird. I haven't tried the Convict or Escape, so I can't make that comparison.

So is a TL any less power hungry than a regular Teeb? Or does it just fade less?

If I throw it hard it's like a -1/1.5 flight. It will drift right and sweep back to middle or just left of middle. If you power it down it will fly like a Teebird style path, so I would say it is less power hungry. A good mellow/beat Teebird is better than the TL because it will go just as far but even straighter overall, but the TL is a very trustworthy disc and will have a slight turn and enough stability to come out of it. Definitely less power needed than a beefy Teebird. I would say stability goes Leo->FD->TL->Teebird with the FD and TL the most similar of all of these. Some Leo's can start off beefy, but when they beat in they will hold the turn the longest.

If I throw it hard it's like a -1/1.5 flight. It will drift right and sweep back to middle or just left of middle. If you power it down it will fly like a Teebird style path, so I would say it is less power hungry. A good mellow/beat Teebird is better than the TL because it will go just as far but even straighter overall, but the TL is a very trustworthy disc and will have a slight turn and enough stability to come out of it. Definitely less power needed than a beefy Teebird. I would say stability goes Leo->FD->TL->Teebird with the FD and TL the most similar of all of these. Some Leo's can start off beefy, but when they beat in they will hold the turn the longest.

Agree with the relative stabilities of those discs. And yes, a DX Teebird rather quickly seasons in to a Star TL flight pattern.

A 170 g seasoned DX TB is such a fantastic tailwind driver. No surprise it held the distance record back in the day.

Thanks to those that answered the metal flake question for me. Now how about a color glow champ? Fly anything different than your normal champ teebird?

Thanks to those that answered the metal flake question for me. Now how about a color glow champ? Fly anything different than your normal champ teebird?

I haven't thrown a recent production champ, but my color glow(167) is toward the stable-os end of the spectrum. Not as over stable as an Avery star teebird. Mine lost that fresh stability pretty quickly and has straightened out a bit, but still has a good fade, and holds up to winds well. In my opinion innova color glow is one of the best feeling plastics out there.

I haven't thrown a recent production champ, but my color glow(167) is toward the stable-os end of the spectrum. Not as over stable as an Avery star teebird. Mine lost that fresh stability pretty quickly and has straightened out a bit, but still has a good fade, and holds up to winds well. In my opinion innova color glow is one of the best feeling plastics out there.

That is why I was asking about metal flake and the color glow. I just wanted something softer than the current champ run so I was sad to hear the metal flake runs have been stiff. I think I might give the color glow champs a shot. I found an x out on DGU and a couple others on Ebay for normal prices so I will get to see how they fly for myself soon enough. Thanks for the reply. Now I just need some color glow PDs and I will be set.

I got a few color glow champs and they feel amazing but the flight leaves much to be desired. I'd say they are all a -1 for hss which I don't mind but when they slow down try just fall like a rock. I've never seen a disc go from glide to glideless quicker than these things. Not really sure what they would be good for besides a few niche holes but these are not gonna make the bag.

Went to my local brick-and-mortar and picked up an AJ Star TB for my buddy. When did they start embossing "TEEBIRD" on the bottom? The weight's still written on the bottom in pen.

Went to my local brick-and-mortar and picked up an AJ Star TB for my buddy. When did they start embossing "TEEBIRD" on the bottom? The weight's still written on the bottom in pen.

Newest runs of most Innova are now embossed. Curious if the embossed AJ bird flies slightly less OS than previous runs.

Just got my first teebird yesterday! G Star Teebird 163 and it flies great and far! Nice upgrade over my star leo! Looking forward to learning this disc in and out.

Why is it an upgrade over your leopard? I think you could find uses for both discs, they aren't all that similar imo.

i have a jen allen color glow thats stupid overstable

My 175g J Allen color glow teebird is pretty flat, which I like a lot. It basically feels and flies like a good stable teebird3. Wouldn't call mine stupid overstable tho - that award goes to my KJ Nybo teebird which is basically a shorter firebird.

Last edited: