• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I'm with Moose, don't always carry them but when I do it's a pair, one more overstable and one worn.

I power up a mid or down a Roadrunner, or manipulate the worn TB rather than carry an understable compliment.

I like having a teebird for tunnel shots, so I usually have a freshy to beat in and another that has had some of that fade beat off of it. I also carry a beefy champ if I have the room, but it is only for that straight flight on windy rounds.

I was going to cycle DX Banshees but I'm not getting along with the first one.

If I could go back to my disc golf beginning with all the knowledge I have now, I would definitely cycle DX Banshees. My brother used to do this before I gave him my Eagles.

G* Teebirds are the closest to a DX Teebird, which itself is a great disc.

Did a bit of field work today and was really working my Teebirds. In that time, I discovered the beauty of 150g champ TBs. Amazingly straight, but still quite LSS. I have a pair I found at PIAS a while back and one gives a little more turn than the other so they compliment each other very well. I'll have to play around with them a bit more and try some different angles, but I'm really impressed. They're also really gummy and flexible which feels great, too. Anyone else throw lightweight birds?

I haven't bagged anything as low as 150, but I have started carrying lighter Teebirds. I've got a few around 170 in a mix of plastics, and just ordered a couple 167 champions.

I've got some nose angle mess going on as I recover from a foot injury. So the lighter Teebirds are less nose angle sensitive than distance drivers and let me still get out to ~325' comfortably.

I still carry some max weight ones for things like headwinds, power forehands, flex shots etc.

I do have a couple 150 class Teebirds from when my son was younger. And they are still definitely stable enough to huk, but there's enough wind around here they get squirrelly on the course.

Curious... are there any feel or flight differences between the 2021 and 2022 Barela color glow TB3s? I own two 2022s, never felt a 2021.

Picked up this 11x KC Pro from PIAS and noticed it has CA tooling instead of CAL tooling. Didn't 11x KC Pros predate the first 11x Champs that had CAL tooling?

2fb74593508fff175737d2427cd7805b.jpg

265e9655602b2ec5e661c75e97b014f2.jpg

Picked up this 11x KC Pro from PIAS and noticed it has CA tooling instead of CAL tooling. Didn't 11x KC Pros predate the first 11x Champs that had CAL tooling?

Generally yes but there was a good 2 years or so of production/stamping of 11x that were CA. I don't remember the exact amount of time but I do remember there being a lot of "CAL tooled 11x" or "CA tooled 11x" FSOT or trade threads.

I refused to throw Teebirds years back (they got too much love and I was being difficult) but always read the threads and watched the marketplaces.

11x kc pros were all CA tooled, regular champ 11x's were CAL or CA tooled. CAL's were typically flatter compared to the CA tooled champ 11x's. There were some awesome CA tooled 11x's but eventually they got to the soft opaque domey 11x plastic and people hated them compared to the flatter CAL tooled ones.

Warm season is arriving, and the new shipments, and used stock have been turning up at PIAS to peruse.
I got the companion I was looking for for my (bright pink) star TL with an even BRIGHTER pink star F2 Teebird.
I like the more recent star plastic a lot more than what, say my AJ Teebrid feels like.
Warm season disc golf 2023 is looking good.

Warm season is arriving, and the new shipments, and used stock have been turning up at PIAS to peruse.
I got the companion I was looking for for my (bright pink) star TL with an even BRIGHTER pink star F2 Teebird.
I like the more recent star plastic a lot more than what, say my AJ Teebrid feels like.
Warm season disc golf 2023 is looking good.

what is the plastic feel of the recent start plastic you picked up? I felt like the AJ's had a pretty wide spectrum, the early penned & two toned ones were stiffer while later ones drifted pretty closer to G Star.

what is the plastic feel of the recent start plastic you picked up? I felt like the AJ's had a pretty wide spectrum, the early penned & two toned ones were stiffer while later ones drifted pretty closer to G Star.
The newer plastic has a slightly softer feel. Is glossier, and comes in brighter colors and feels better in the hand in the cold.
It's a penned one from 2016 in the stiffer plastic.

Has anyone noticed any significant difference in flight in the new rebranded discs? It seems like there's some overlap in the same run with new and old stamps. Was in the shop this morning feeling them and the newer champion TB seem to be very domey. Possibly just coincidence.

Latest posts