• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

What era would a factory dyed champion teebird be that has no KC sig at all?

This is an exceptionally vague question. Which dye? What colors? Opaqueness? Tooling on the bottom? Stamp?

Pictures are your friend here:popcorn:

This is an exceptionally vague question. Which dye? What colors? Opaqueness? Tooling on the bottom? Stamp?

Pictures are your friend here:popcorn:

I get that. I guess this is a simpler way to ask the question: Was there a time when the champion teebird was not a KC sig disc? It seems like the only teebird ive seen that were not KC sig were the CE discs. I saw a picture of a straight champion teebird, dyed, with flight numbers but no KC sig and that strikes me as odd....isnt it?

There was a time around flight numbers making it onto stamps that a non-KC stamp was run. That looks like the opaque plastic from that time.

Picked up a fresh 170g Star Teebird to complement my Barela Glow Teebird3 that's become my favorite disc. MAN I forgot how BEEFY Star Teebirds are right out of the box. Even at 170g, it's a borderline meathook and I can barely break 300' with it, whereas my Teebird3 is my goto for an easy 330'.

Picked up a fresh 170g Star Teebird to complement my Barela Glow Teebird3 that's become my favorite disc. MAN I forgot how BEEFY Star Teebirds are right out of the box. Even at 170g, it's a borderline meathook and I can barely break 300' with it, whereas my Teebird3 is my goto for an easy 330'.

I have back ups for my tee birds that I never throw because of that lol. If I ever lose one of the beat in ones I'm going to be pissed at myself for not having broken the back ups in.

Came back to this thread to yet again gush about DX birds. Had one returned to me that sat in water for about a year, it was pretty well seasoned when i lost it and threw it in the bag expecting paper plate roller flippy.
I was pleasantly surprised that it still had a lot of stability left. It will turn when ripped and definitely stay over with OAT but it's the perfect stability for bombing. Easiest distance I've ever gotten with a fairway driver and takes way less side to side movement than a distance driver to do so. Also love beat ones for rollers.

I don't have a Teebird. When I go buy a DX, tell me what I'm looking for. Most dome? Flattest? Highest or lowest PLH? Weight? Or do you just buy the color you like and throw it in the bag?

I can throw Eagles like 350' on the course.

Majority of DX comes out in the medium dome range, which I believe is a good thing cause it adds glide.
For weight I'd stick with what you normally throw, some better glide out of lighter but better wind resistance at max weight.
Some variation in PLH but nothing too crazy that warrants hyper analyzing them.
I'd say plastic feel is the top priority- solid feeling, not the cheap plastic feel that some blends of DX can come in. FWIW the new embossed ones I've gotten within the last few months have been a good, stiffer blend of DX.
if you're throwing Eagles 350 then a DX TB can go 400 for you pretty easily.

I don't have a Teebird. When I go buy a DX, tell me what I'm looking for. Most dome? Flattest? Highest or lowest PLH? Weight? Or do you just buy the color you like and throw it in the bag?

Domey for sure, and high PLH if you have the option to find one.

I've never found a bad DX teeb per se tho. Just find one you like the feel of.

Years ago there was a run of DX Teebirds that was flat and stiff.

Almost KC-like.

I bought a couple at the time, but eventually lost them all.

Wish I could find some of those again.

I have been messing with the idea of a glow bag recently and over the past few months have bought a couple of glow Champ Teebirds I got cheap.

Threw them against the Tyrants I've been bagging and honestly I had forgotten just how similar those two discs are.

I hope that I don't have to think about this soon, but if I ever am unable to get more Tyrants they are a nice replacement. Great glide, but a strong enough late fade that you are never concerned they would get squirrelly.

As a bagger of multiple DX Teebirds, I've gotten a bunch of 175g's and tried a few in the 166-168 range, hoping to steal a couple extra feet of distances. For me, a fresh 166-168g turns more than a super beat 175g. It is a really nice flight and I bag and frequently throw my 167g, but it isn't really what I'm seeking when I buy a Teebird. The 175's have been magical. They keep stability and lose fade as they beat in.

DX Teebirds are the quintessential disc golf driver in my book. I went through a phase where I only drove with DX Teebirds. Once they're beat in after a several months, they turn like they've got somewhere to go and they're late. Wish I still had some.

I agree too, gotta get them in 175. Otherwise they'll be a little too straight to turnover when fresh.

Most dome? Flattest? Highest or lowest PLH? Weight? Or do you just buy the color you like and throw it in the bag?

First for me is plastic. Teebird has a massive stock floating around out there. There are so many individual runs of DX teebirds that the plastic goes from dog toy to amazing. So the first thing I am looking for is stiff but not brittle chalky feeling DX. If it feels like a toy from a happy meal it doesn't get purchased no matter how well molded.

Second is PLH. I don't think dome matters that much, but some come out with insanely low PLH which makes them beat in too quickly.

Latest posts