• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

66221_lg.jpg

Any 150 class Teebird throwers out there? What's the preferred non-DX plastic (i.e. champ or star) in such a low weight? Or is it like every other champ v. star thread - six of one and a half dozen of the other?

I'm pretty sure the 150 11X Champs are well regarded for being super flat and wonderfully stable.

Any 150 class Teebird throwers out there? What's the preferred non-DX plastic (i.e. champ or star) in such a low weight? Or is it like every other champ v. star thread - six of one and a half dozen of the other?

I throw a 150, I used to have a dx that was super understable right out of the box, it had to be release with a forty degree hyzer, it would level out and go straight forever drop straight down. I have a champ now thats stable but easily affected by wind. I like to use it for really big anhyzers, when it slows down it doesnt fade left, it just flattens out and keeps floating to the left.

427782_788790043430_1682542918_n.jpg

Maybe I'll do a group shot of my KC Pro's if they all will fit, here is a cool transitional one for now.

168049_g.jpg

i was letting a buddy try a few of my pds today and asked to throw one of his teebirds and fell instantly back in love. gusty winds today, this particular hole reads 387...tossed his domey pink 12x on a slight hyzer and it locked in dead straight and overthrew the pin. depending on how well i'm clicking that day i usually throw a pd or sword at it.

i'd been using the warship as a tweener mid-fairway then stepping straight to the td and pd. i'm gonna back off the midrange d and go back to the buzzz/wasp and stick the teebird/leopard combo back in. i kind of felt guilty after the toss for taking it out of the bag a while back.

So I went into a shop yesterday without meaning to really spend any money and came upon 5 beautiful birds. I bought my first couple of 11x recently and I swear these are stupid close in flight and feel to the 11x. There were a bunch of new run birds in the shop and some were the usual domey mess, but these five were all flat, stiff, and high plh! I bought two and went to the field to throw them with the 11x. They were so similar I went back and got the three others. x_x Maybe nice birds won't be so hard to find in the foreseeable future.

The left is an 11x and right is one the new runs.http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29754&stc=1&d=1350314596
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29755&stc=1&d=1350314596

Attachments

• 2012-10-15_10-23-14_358.jpg
    2012-10-15_10-23-14_358.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 2012-10-15_11-16-20_815.jpg
    2012-10-15_11-16-20_815.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 159
Those look like the new champion blend, if so you may have discovered what is going to be the best stock teebirds to come out in a while.

They are the new champ blend. Its very similar to the totem plastic we got. However, it feels a bit different. The totems feel a little beefier in the hand and out of the 7 I got, only one was close to this flat. So its stiff and clear like the totems but flat as well. I'm pretty stoked about them. Now I just gotta get some more extra shifts at work to replenish my disc money. That all flew out the window with these.

It's the same run as the Totems. When I emailed the Factory Store about them, they told me they used current run TeeBirds. I also asked for flat Totems in my order and got birds that match your 5 in dome.

They are the new champ blend. Its very similar to the totem plastic we got. However, it feels a bit different. The totems feel a little beefier in the hand and out of the 7 I got, only one was close to this flat. So its stiff and clear like the totems but flat as well. I'm pretty stoked about them. Now I just gotta get some more extra shifts at work to replenish my disc money. That all flew out the window with these.

How can you tell this by feel?

it's hard to explain but i know what he's saying. my teebirds that are beefy have a different feel to them. hard to put it in to words.

i'm sure that answers your question :) next time we play i'll hand you two teebirds that are very different, you'll understand.

My guess is the plastic that was used and cooling process is what contributes to the feel. The only way I know to describe it is some just feel thicker. I have 20 something teebirds and some just feel that way. Stars are particularly less beefy feeling than champs for instance. Atleast the ones I have, and I have some champs that are less beefy feeling as well. This doesnt necessarily have to with the flight though. Less beefy feeling ones can fly beefy. Its just how they feel in the hand.

Last edited:
My guess is the plastic that was used and cooling process is what contributes to the feel. The only way I know to describe it is some just feel thicker. I have 20 something teebirds and some just feel that way. Stars are particularly less beefy feeling than champs for instance. Atleast the ones I have, and I have some champs that are less beefy feeling as well. This doesnt necessarily have to with the flight though. Less beefy feeling ones can fly beefy. Its just how they feel in the hand.

That makes more sense. Beefy has just been a term used on dg forums to describe overstable flight. I just didn't understand how you could feel overstability.

I was out throwing my 150 Champ Teebird in some heavy winds today. As long as i released it with a bit of hyzer it would flip flat and just sail. It never thought of turning over.

So I went into a shop yesterday without meaning to really spend any money and came upon 5 beautiful birds. I bought my first couple of 11x recently and I swear these are stupid close in flight and feel to the 11x. There were a bunch of new run birds in the shop and some were the usual domey mess, but these five were all flat, stiff, and high plh! I bought two and went to the field to throw them with the 11x. They were so similar I went back and got the three others. x_x Maybe nice birds won't be so hard to find in the foreseeable future.

The left is an 11x and right is one the new runs.http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29754&stc=1&d=1350314596
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29755&stc=1&d=1350314596

You have no idea how jealous I am. I looked through about five the other day, bringing in my old one as a reference comparison and think I've found one that was flat enough. We'll see.

I have a bird question, I have a SE bird that seems very tacky. Im curious as to if anyone else has had a tacky SE bird and what sort of plastic blend it may be. It feels kind of like a star blend. I can post pics if needed.

Disclaimer: please excuse me if this question is in the wrong thread. mods feel free to move if needed.
Postscript: Teebirds are amazing discs.:clap: