• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Anyone get any really overstable (FAF OS) Champion Teebirds recently? I ordered three last month from Marshall Street, one was as expected (blue), love it. The other two are purple and they are ridiculously overstable. On a straight shot 300 feet is about it. They are more OS than my flat (not FAF) Firebird.

Anyone get any really overstable (FAF OS) Champion Teebirds recently? I ordered three last month from Marshall Street, one was as expected (blue), love it. The other two are purple and they are ridiculously overstable. On a straight shot 300 feet is about it. They are more OS than my flat (not FAF) Firebird.

Don't know anything about that, but it's awesome!

Have you thrown a Brinster bird from the factory store? The new ones are OS but not as beefy as the original run. Regardless they are sweet.

Nice to see the new ones are coming out beefy and fairly flat.

I LOVED my Brinster Birds, sadly I've lost the two I've had over the past year. These new ones are flatter and far more OS. Brinsters and Echo Star are my favorites though.

Pics or it didn't happen :)

I'm thinking about adding a champ Teebird to my bag to slot between my star Teebird and SPD (yes I feel I need this with how I use these discs). I'd like some advice so I know what to keep my eyes open for when I have the opportunity to handle some.

My star Teebird I use for straight shots with minimal/no fade on the course for 300-350', and on the field I can put it to 375' consistently when I have a clean throw (although I don't trust that reproducibility on the course...meaning "good" throws are always ~375'). I feel it has a -0.25ish HSS where if I rip it clean and just below flat it's laser straight, but I can work annie's with it, and if there is more than a mild headwind or L to R wind it will get worked around.

I want a champ Teebird that is more true 0 HSS, that I can rip flat and feel like I'm throwing against something...it has more HSS in reserve for some wind or if I torque it a little. My star will start to anny on a bad release but fight out of it by the end...I want a champ that will put up with more (within reason for a speed 7 disc). I want to be able to throw it more confidently in a breeze and know it won't ride on me.

I prefer gummy champ plastic. Should I look for flatter, or the typical mild dome that's flattish in the middle, or pretty domey (I hope not domey on this mold)? I don't want or need massive LSS (with a SPD in the bag), I care more about the HSS.

The most recent JL I picked was a bit gummier, not the stiff, like the glassy early runs. Stability is still comparable to the stiff kind, a max weight would definitely meet your needs.

Just get any current run champ tb and you'll be fine. They will all be flatter across the top with a mild shoulder. Maybe a small, even dome. They're all good ones.

Quick question for all you Teebird experts out there; given all things being equal, weight, PLH and such, which champion 12x would be more stable, a flat top or a domed? Is there much of a difference?

I was looking at a few of these the other day and saw both and since I normally throw star, I thought I would just ask instead of sifting through a 100 pages before I went back to buy one.

I only own one champ Teebird and it has a top like a Banshee, rounded shoulder then flat. My stars all have a nice even dome

I once flattened a domey brinster and I swear it was less over stable

Yeah my experience is that flatter with the same PLH is actually LESS overstable. Thinking about, for example, all the Destroyers I've thrown, the most OS ones almost all had quite a bit of dome. Or in the case of the Roc3's I have thrown, the more domey ones were all more OS than the uber flat ones. I once got a really domey champion Firebird that was the most OS Firebird I've ever thrown. All the Brinster TeeBirds I've seen have a good bit of dome and they are more OS than most other TeeBirds. I do think that in some molds, the flatter discs tend to have higher PLH, but I don't think the flatness is what makes it OS, but rather the higher PLH.

The Innova store has some Brinster TeeBirds with some smoke and clear left. I want to buy one or two, but shipping is $6.40! I'm sorry that is a rip off

Quick question for all you Teebird experts out there; given all things being equal, weight, PLH and such, which champion 12x would be more stable, a flat top or a domed? Is there much of a difference?

I was looking at a few of these the other day and saw both and since I normally throw star, I thought I would just ask instead of sifting through a 100 pages before I went back to buy one.

I only own one champ Teebird and it has a top like a Banshee, rounded shoulder then flat. My stars all have a nice even dome

All things being equal, the flatter disc will be more wind resistant.

The Innova store has some Brinster TeeBirds with some smoke and clear left. I want to buy one or two, but shipping is $6.40! I'm sorry that is a rip off

I tell people this all the time...quit being cheap :D! That is USPS priority shipping that will get to you in TWO DAYS! I buy a few discs from them from time to time and figure that throwing my new plastic in TWO DAYS is worth the $6 postage...to get discs from Cali to Mississippi :thmbup:.

They offer FREE SHIPPING if you are willing to spend $75 on plastic to save that $6...:|

The free shipping is a trick. Whenever I have gotten it it takes at least a week to get my stuff. I'd rather pay a couple bucks and get my stuff faster. The discs I get from the pro shops generally can't be had locally or the shops jack the price way up.

Latest posts