• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

The only ones I'm throwing currently are pretty OS glow and MF Teebirds so they don't fail due to wind unless it's very nose up and it's really windy.

Teebird advocates: talk to me about the perils of the Teebird and wind. When has your Teebird 'betrayed' you?

I've lost many 'bird over the years but most have been due to underpowering them instead of overpowering them. I've had a couple beat in Champ and Stars that still punish a nose up and underpowered shot and faded out into irretrievable locations.

Memorable misthrows with Teebirds see to come on a single hole for me (hole 7 at Shawnee Mission Park). Slight anhyzer with a Splatter Star TB into a headwind left me 100'+ deep and pitching up. Hyzer on a higher trajectory with a OS Glow Champ TB backed by a tailwind ended up in the thick rough on the left took a while to locate.

For wind Teebirds, I either look for domey Teebird3s or I just grab an Eagle/Thunderbird. Lately, I've been having some great success with HD Blazes from Gateway.

So DX Teebirds are great, but how about DX Teebird3s?

For my game, they don't fly as far and are less consistent/more touchy.

I like to throw my Teebirds with a bit of hyzer and they flip up and go straight. Or I accidently throw them flat and they turn a bit and go pretty straight. With the T3 that I messed with, it would hold the hyzer, but if I threw it flat, it would turn. And it was dumpy compared to the regular bird.

Gonna give the Teebird another try. Never had any success of note with them.

Picked up a G-Star - temps in my area are 20s-30s at the moment, and that flexy soft plastic feels great.

I got a blue Halo TB. Threw it once to test it. It's beefy for sure. Great to hold down that stable side of the Bird arsenal.

I've been bagging a Metal Flake Teebird as a gap-filler between two of my core molds, Felons and Pipelines. I wish it was just a touch less overstable, as it sits much closer to my beat-in Felon than it does to my fresh Pipeline. What are the least stable, but still reasonable to find, 'Birds these days? Not looking for DX that will change flight characteristics quickly since I would mostly use it in the woods. Also not looking for a different mold (like a TL), since my fairway lineup is already a bit cluttered with molds. I realize the answer might be "there isn't one" or "go beat up your current Teebird for 5 years."

. . . Also not looking for a different mold (like a TL), since my fairway lineup is already a bit cluttered with molds. . . .

^ This is why I will not suggest that a Star TL flies like a perfectly seasoned DX Teebird. ;)

Never tried a G* Teebird, but that sounds like a good suggestion.

Color glow is usually a good straighter teebird out of the box if you don't want g*.
One of my favorite things about tee birds is I always seem to find them in used bins. My favorites are beat in star (AJ era usually) or color glow. It takes about a year but there's nothing better once they hit the sweet spot.

The used market has calmed down too. I am seeing 11x as cheap as 40$ anymore.

I guess what I am saying a beat in premium teebird is the answer to a lot of problems. Especially that one.

My recent used bin pickup. Took it in the field and its just a hair too fresh to replace my $ teebird but will rotate in for sure

Attachments

• 20220201_122655.jpg
    20220201_122655.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 60
I've been bagging a Metal Flake Teebird as a gap-filler between two of my core molds, Felons and Pipelines. I wish it was just a touch less overstable, as it sits much closer to my beat-in Felon than it does to my fresh Pipeline. What are the least stable, but still reasonable to find, 'Birds these days? Not looking for DX that will change flight characteristics quickly since I would mostly use it in the woods. Also not looking for a different mold (like a TL), since my fairway lineup is already a bit cluttered with molds. I realize the answer might be "there isn't one" or "go beat up your current Teebird for 5 years."

Star Teebird3 or mild dome Star Teebird. Lower weight is also an option.

Here is a Teebird I have been bagging for about 10 years. This thing is a friggin' laser beam. I owe a lot of birdies to this one. Closest thing I have found to it is a Pro Teebird with a flat top, but nothing really compares to a well worn 11x Champion plastic Teebird, there's just something about that plastic...

Attachments

• 20220216_090901.jpg
    20220216_090901.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 65
Here is a Teebird I have been bagging for about 10 years. This thing is a friggin' laser beam. I owe a lot of birdies to this one. Closest thing I have found to it is a Pro Teebird with a flat top, but nothing really compares to a well worn 11x Champion plastic Teebird, there's just something about that plastic...

There's only one problem with those.. availability ;)

Same reason I really don't throw any CE plastic anymore :(.

Latest posts