• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] For those that throw the PD

Strauss

Eagle Member
For all of you that throw the PD, just wondering what other drivers you pair it with? I personally carry 4 PD's in my bag. One C-PD, a lightly seasoned S-PD, a new P-PD, and a really beat P-PD. My other drivers consist of....

170 Opto river
165 GL River
Flat Z Predator
172 Star Destroyer
172 Pro Destroyer
165 Pro Destroyer

The PD's are my main drivers. I've pretty much built the rest of my bag around them. I just wanted to see what others throw along with them. Specifically, people that use the PD's are their main drivers as well.

CFR C-PD
New and heavy SPD
well used 170 SPD
Slightly used 170 PPD

I pair it with a GL river
I am testing a champion mamba for my turnover/roller
And a couple of blizzard destroyers for distance.

I posted this in the PD thread, but this is what I carry:

4 PDs
1 broken in stiffy P
1 champy star yellow
1 champy star red (breaking in)
1 CFR C PD

Once the Red is broken in, I'll put my very HSS and LSS white back in.

I pair them with FDs
1 D FD
2 S FD (one flatter and flippier than the other)

Those cover the vast majority of my fairway and controlled distance drives.

One flattish Sfd
One domey Sfd
One Dd2
Those go with a 170 spd and a 175 spd
That covers probably 90% of my tee shots. An occasional 11xfb for meathook stuff.

I just picked up a PD because of the hype on here and I love it. I pair it with 2 GL rivers and 2 DX firebirds. The PD is quickly becoming my go to disc.

Stiff well worn PPD
Champystar PD
Stable SPD
CFR PD

The rest:
GL Flow
CPD2
testing a Legenda and really liking it.

so do people like the spd more than the cpd? im likin the pd but havent go to try a star in a lower weight like i prefer. and the ppd i threw was heavier too. are they worth buying in those plastics to have in the bag as well? does it go cpd, spd, ppd in order from most to least stable?

quick question here,i herd the pd was made in the plus mold, are the current runs of pd's plus mold. if i were to buy one online say from discgolfcenter, would it be a plus mold? cuz i got one of the earlier run ones without a plus mold and love it

I wouldn't say that the PD is my go to driver but it have definitely earned a key spot in my bag. I throw Eagles below PD's, and Star Wraiths and Destroyers above it.

so do people like the spd more than the cpd? im likin the pd but havent go to try a star in a lower weight like i prefer. and the ppd i threw was heavier too. are they worth buying in those plastics to have in the bag as well? does it go cpd, spd, ppd in order from most to least stable?

Older 1st run SPDs are money, the newer freak stamps are so so. I personally put my CPD(w/ tooling) in my bag depending on the course. It has some high speed turn, whereas at the moment my SPD is straight and stable(not quite as long as my CPD). I also have a CFR PD in there that is firebird crazy overstable and 2 PDs. One extrememly flippy and the other is TLish.

I throw leos to compliment them. I want to look into rivers also.

Stiff well worn PPD
Champystar PD
Stable SPD
CFR PD

The rest:
GL Flow
CPD2
testing a Legenda and really liking it.

Whoa.... Forgot to put the CFD and SFD in there. They compliment the PD's very well and if needed I'd just grab a PD and FD as drivers for a round and be happy.

2 champ TLs
SOLF beat in
Pro leopard

Quasar & archon sometimes.

I prefer pairing TD's with my PD's. They are both my work horse drivers and see the most action. I don't throw P PD's so I don't see any overlap between the two. I always carry a few long distance drivers as well that change depending on the course I'm playing but those are usually Wraiths. Two Stalkers are my fairways and bridge the gap between mids and the PD/TD combo perfectly.

The PD has been my newest most consistent disc. I compliment my 3 S-PD's with:

CE Teebird
11x Teebird
11x Eagle X
2 SDS Destroyers
2 Pro Destroyers
11x glow Firebird
2 SE Valkyries

PD's are new to my bag but just money! I carry 2 C Pd's. I compliment them with
11x firebird
4x JK valkyrie
11x teebird
12x teebird
beat star teebird

My PDs cover a wide range of shots over a wide range of distances, so i too have sort of built my bag around the PD.

I carry
2 money 2-3 year old S lines, well worn and a straight flyer
A newer S line
1 worn P line and occasionally a newer one that will take over duties of one of my S lines either for seasonin purposes, Weather conditions or a course/hole im unfamiliar with and dont want to lose a sweet s line.

I pair them with Banshee, FDs, RR, Preds, sounds like overlap and for some it might be, but the banshee is used on shorter throws, works a similar line to the pred just shorter and with less power. FDs are hyzerflippers and work a ton of lines in the woods on lower power, RR is more for open spaces and longer D/rollers , finesse turnovers and s shots etc.

I could get away with not having banshee/pred or RR/FD one or the other of those two combined with my pds would still have all shots covered it would just take a different throw

4 PDs
1 broken in P
1 7/10 star orange freak stamp
1 champy star red new
1 CFR C PD

I dont a carry anything faster. I haven't found anything that I can throw much farther, but I did throw a blizz boss the other day that I might use for open distance shots.

Fairway:

1 champ banshee for overstable duties
1 champ viking for dead straight
1 beat pro valk for turnover

Latest posts