• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forehand and sore side

I haven't thrown the last two days. I really had to give my hand a rest. It was actually swollen for a couple days. Feeling better now but not 100%. I'll think about throwing tomorrow. Not sure what I did throwing forehand last weekend but my pointer and middle finger didn't like it at all.

I've joined the party of having pain from forehands lol. But for me, RHFH, it's nerve pain in the lower back, 1 inch to the left from the spine/middle. In fact, I rubbed the area, and there's a small bump at that spot. I'm pretty sure it's a lack of follow through. when I RHFH, I use mostly wrist snap, elbow close, and my front leg (left leg) doesn't really move much. So I'm going to try to pivot more on my left heel, and lift my right heel off the ground like sidewinder mentions.

Also before I've usually used a wide stance with lots of weight on my legs. I'll try to narrow my stance and use more upper body vs lower body.

Sidearm is pretty killer on you if you don't do it right, lol. Backhand never seems to be that bad, even if your form isn't perfect.

Latest posts