• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Forehand Driver - Faster XXX, more glide?

Osmo

*I whine a lot*
I am trying to expand my drivers for flicking. I am looking for a faster XXX with more glide. I love flicking my XXX but im looking for something faster for off the tee. Something similar to say a Force, but without actually being a force. I would like to stay away from the Innova/Discraft lines. I am open to the new smaller companies and anything Swedish.

My perfect disc would be around
Speed 10 or 11
Glide 3 or 4 or 5
HSS 0
LSS 4

Any discs you recommend?

Last edited:
Latitude 64 Blitz.

I have never thrown it so I can't really give a description of it. I'm just going by flight numbers. :thmbup:

Latitude 64 Blitz.

I have never thrown it so I can't really give a description of it. I'm just going by flight numbers. :thmbup:

I was looking at that disc as a possibility.

Can anyone who has thrown one say anything about the disc?

Specifically anyone know the rim width? If its around 2cm id be happy.

Ok i think i found it. its rim width is 2.2cm compared to XXX 2cm. Which means the feel wont be far off from what im used too.

I think the champ/star Max would fit the bill as a faster XXX, blunt nose rim and everything.

It's almost like people forgot that you can actually recommend stuff from innova/discraft still...

I think the champ/star Max would fit the bill as a faster XXX, blunt nose rim and everything.

It's almost like people forgot that you can actually recommend stuff from innova/discraft still...

Except for in the op he said he didnt want any :D

PD2, Astra X, Spirit, , Stiletto

Well seeing as i said not to recommend them i dont think they forgot, just listened to what i said lol.

I like to support the smaller companies personally. If i can get a disc thats going to do what i need without feeding them money i try.

Discraft only gets my money because of the ZONE.

Innova Max is what you are looking for as a faster XXX but instead of getting the disc you are looking for, the Blitz is pretty fast and does glide pretty well, releases very well on flicks (love the rim!) Not as HSS as say a XXX when really powered on. Not saying it turns over, but does drift right. The Opto villain never clicked for me flicking. But right now my favorite overstable flick disc is the Prodigy D1. When I'm not flicking my firebird or C-pd, Im flicking the D1. Nice stable disc You can crush and the glide is awesome. And I know it's a bigger rim then you ask for, but flicking shouldn't be a problem with rim size IMO

Osmo
Your options in a Euro plastic are Villain, Boatman, or Blitz

I think the Villain is 2.1
The Blitz as you know is 2.2
If I recall correctly the Boatman is 2.1

The Villain is newer and therefore "sexier" than the Blitz. It has a more traditional rim profile
The Blitz had an interesting wing and and noticeable plus rim...I think it actually helps for FH

I think the Villain may be more HSS than the Blitz but the Blitz may have a little more glide and a hefty fade

Others may be able to better answer but the Boatman is likely not quite as HSS as either and with less LSS. It's more of a "faster TB" type driver.

I throw exclusively forehand and I use the DD2 as my primary driver. I would recommend it if you throw fairly hard and have pretty good form.

i flick the boatman when i need less speed than the c-pd & the max when i need even less speed & more fade (max=hooker).

I am trying to expand my drivers for flicking. I am looking for a faster XXX with more glide. I love flicking my XXX but im looking for something faster for off the tee. Something similar to say a Force, but without actually being a force. I would like to stay away from the Innova/Discraft lines. I am open to the new smaller companies and anything Swedish.

My perfect disc would be around
Speed 10 or 11
Glide 3 or 4 or 5
HSS 0
LSS 4

Any discs you recommend?

Prodigy D1 sounds similar to what you are looking for. Millennium Quasars bomb on flicks too but they will show their -1hss after you break them in / wear off any flashing.

Prodigy D1 sounds similar to what you are looking for. Millennium Quasars bomb on flicks too but they will show their -1hss after you break them in / wear off any flashing.

I was looking at the D1 but it sounded to fast at speed 13.

They are speed 12, and fly pretty controllable IMO. Wouldn't really suggest it though if you're under 380'.

Latest posts