• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forehand Flex Shot?

DG isn't about hate. At least not how I was taught. I thought it was about fun, and being outdoors, and watching that amazing flight of the disc when you get it right, regardlesss of how you throw it. I guess thats what I get for being taught by an old hippy, 30 yrs ago.
I don't throw OS forehand flex shots unless one is needed, but really, are you guys being serious?
I thought it wasn't "the person with the lowest score, but the one who has the most fun" who is the victor. What if 'the one having the most fun' throws ONLY fore-handed flex shots? Or tomahawks/thumbers. Y'all hate him/her?
Ridiculous

It's much easier for me to read many posts, figuring that the sarcasm light is always lit. It's what lets me sleep at night. :p

Plus I tend to take my DGCR with a grain, no, a 24oz package, of salt. :D

Maybe DG is about fun for EVERYONE, not just you? Who wants to see the same wounded duck torqued fh every shot? It's just not very pretty. Most interesting thing about it is that you haven't had surgery on your arm yet.

LOL whining about how a person gets their disc around a track w/o breaking the rules. Should we introduce style points into tournament scoring? Like figure skating or equestrian?

If I were to start beefing about aesthetic offenses in disc golf, an OH drive would be pretty low on that list.

Talking aesthetics... I just saw a guy on a video (I think it was one of Nikko's tournaments. If not, then CCDG) passing his left foot in front of his right on a RHBH throw every time in place of his x-step. Boy did it look awkward.

He was pretty good, with this technique or S & D. I'm just wondering what an x-step would do for him.

I didn't really know there was hate for people who throw these kind of shots alot :p

I started out throwing primarily sidearm for distance like alot of typical noobs do. I never really even thought about huge anny flex shots until a couple years ago when i would mess around with different types of shots. Do i throw something pretty overstable everytime? of course. Could i pull out the same type of shot with something understable? most likely.

I suppose the biggest reason is my backhand is prettysomewhat noodily (at least it looks noodily compared some of my friends who can easiliy reach 450). I can squeek it out to 400 on a rare occasion but im usually flirting around 375 even when im getting a good rip at a longer hole. I can consistantly pump it out 400+ with a Scorpius/Destroyer on an anny flex.

^I don't think anybody is hating on someone pumping FH's out 350+, especially if you're at 400'. I wish I could flick that far. Most people tend to more "sigh" (rather than hate) when it's a constant barrage of flexed out wobble-torque released forehands that are squeaked out to 300' with a D1 or Nuke OS, and anything less would result in a roller off to the woods.

Haters be hatin. If it's not pure, ending with the palm skyward, with an understable disc, then your doing it wrong
italiamac_bottom.gif

That being said, to appease all the "somebody is wrong on the internet" idiots, the truth is , an Excaliber cranked over with plenty of wrist roll will go far.