• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Check

Your pelvis is too open on your x-step. Should be slightly closed to allow the rear leg to step behind more unrestricted.

Your pelvis is too open on your x-step. Should be slightly closed to allow the rear leg to step behind more unrestricted.

Is this for the weight or the disc throws?

I tried to focus on closing the hips off after starting the x step but keeping the shoulders pointed to the target today and definitely noticed a difference, was ripping some drives today.

Holy cow, the forum section is super busy now. Anyway this went roughly 430'?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNyEAl1nPDv/
SW after your last posts, it finally clicked in my smooth brain that you can begin turning the hips back WITHOUT turning your shoulders back, real novel idea I know. I've been trying to add that in, and it seems better. Also been messing with my grip some. I've noticed a lot of pros have their thumb pretty far "in" the disc with a lot of their hand on top. I've tried it and it helps a little with my nose angle. A lot of my nose issues I think are because I can tend to "chop" as I come through and if your hand is already kind of on top of the disc, it's easier to keep the hand supinated.

Looking good, but the way you hold your arm/disc here is weird to me. Get your elbow up/out, shoulder more internally rotated.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 3.38.46 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 3.38.46 AM.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 94
I don't think so.

That's good to hear as I feel like his body position lines up closest to mine of any far thrower, so I might be watching more Gilbert slow mo moving forward.

So watching a couple golf forms they really talk about pushing against the ground with the brace leg/foot to clear the hip and drive rotation

Is that something I should be feeling/focusing on when I plant my right foot? Right now I don't really think about that foot at all.

I can feel kind of pushing with the left foot in backswing now at least.

The feeling for me when I'm getting a good push with the plant, is that the swing of the disc feels heavier/more power because the driving up and back of the hip is working opposite of the lower arm ejecting the disc. So it keeps the system more taut. If that makes any sense to ya.

So watching a couple golf forms they really talk about pushing against the ground with the brace leg/foot to clear the hip and drive rotation

Is that something I should be feeling/focusing on when I plant my right foot? Right now I don't really think about that foot at all.

I can feel kind of pushing with the left foot in backswing now at least.
It has to be done in sync with the swing.

Wew it's been a long time.
I hiked the whole AT and now am trying to regain some disc golf form, actually haven't lost too much. I still desperately need help in turning my shoulders back too soon.

Looks like you are going uphill.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 5.39.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 5.39.47 PM.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 44
I didn't want to bring out the tripod and everything so I just had my phone leaned up against something and it ended up a little crooked. Interesting that I'm still so far behind the left foot because it feels so much better than a few years ago.

Is there a good drill for right to left foot transition? I feel like kick the can/ball and hershyzer help a lot with coiling off that left/back foot but don't address how to get there to begin with. Should I be pushing my body forward more with my right before the x-step? I've tried really shortening by left step so that it's practically right beside my initial right but I lose a lot of momentum that way, even as the weight stays in front.

Yes, kick the can/ball with the left foot, swivel stairs, bow and arrow, run/gallop sideways for 100 yards.

This is mostly for my own reference but with the Overthrow Simon slow mo it looks like he keeps that front part of the hip tilted up through the majority of the X-step which is kind of what I'm trying but I end up "going uphill" as you said. I think I also swing my left thigh behind while his left thigh basically stays perpendicular to his hip/ground.
xzWk9Em.jpg

The tilt should change somewhat/rock between the feet, it shouldn't really be maintained. I think the OT video has some camera parallax, look at Simon in the video below, his hips are more level and then downhill striding into plant after crossover.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 12.54.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 12.54.39 PM.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 35