• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form critique for Ice9

Ice9

Hello all -
I'm looking for a critique on my form. Here's some more information about me:
My max distance is 330 with Valkyries. Most of the throws in this video are about 300 feet. I'm throwing a mix of buzzzes, leopards, valks, teebirds and some other things.
Video starts with rear view and then side view throws view begin at about 1:18. Please let me know what I need to work on.

The youtube embed doesn't appear to be working for me (maybe because the video is unlisted?) -- so here is my link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dEGfZBuNtU

You are leading your rotation with your head, instead of your hips. Your head continues turning/going over your brace with the arm, so there's no full release of the arm from the shoulder. There's a whole disconnect in your disc from your shoulder and hips, make the disc heavy like a sledgehammer and swing it from your body. You have too much lag in your arm, like the disc doesn't weigh much/ or have a lot of momentum.

Thanks for your feedback SW. I will work on transferring the concepts from the videos to my disc golf throw.

It's been a while since I last posted. Comparing to my previous video I don't think I lead with my head as much, but I'm still throwing 280-300. Overall, the throw doesn't feel very powerful.

Things I'm noticing:
-Seems like my arm is bending too early in the throw or maybe I don't have it far enough from my body.

-I can see that I am getting my elbow out ahead, which I believe is a good thing.

-When I'm throwing it doesn't feel like I have much snap in my throw.

-I may be leaning towards the rear of the teepad during reachback/backswing of this particular throw. It looks unbalanced / slow.

In terms of feeling slow I'd go over Power of Posture and the Door frame drills in addition to the Water Bottle Drill.
The water bottle drill helps me with engaging my shoulders at the right time and I can actually apply the same concept to my left hip. I've been to chuck some drives a lot farther using this drill.

I'd do some serious work on bracing.

I also see you are a little slow to move your lower spine inline with your front leg/braced against said leg, so work on bracing.

http://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2016/...lps-demonstrate-inward-pull-outward-ejection/
Q5xfv9jPqZs&list=PLYPNCQAnbWyOoCaPc3nN0IMbzkJVdB26A&index=4

I'm having issues imbedding Power of Posture. I need some help.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help lucasgg. I threw some in the field last night and I think at least part of my problem lies in not bracing and spinning out. It seems like the lack of bracing is killing any power that could come from my shoulders.