• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FREE VINYL!!!!

Some people have had problems with grooved bleeds from the way the adhesive is on the vinyl. With the stuff I posted above you won't have that problem.

Just used the 3m stuff for the first time and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. There were little ripples all over the place

No, did it the same way as others with different stuff and there were no ripples.

yeah, that's from the paper backing on the 3M vinyl. you can stop it by pressing the edges of your cuts with the end of your xacto knife

Ill try it but never had to do it with the other stuff I had. I always make sure to squeege the edges very well before dyeing and did so with this stuff too

if you have a plotter, do you just cut these rolls into 10x10 sheets to feed it through?

does it have to be perfectly sized for the plotter or will it misfeed?

I won't use the 3M vinyl I got because I couldn't get it to stop streaking. It anyone wants mine, PM me and I'll send you what I have for the cost of shipping.

Good luck. Don't tell them you are disc dyeing or they will only send you a couple of sheets.

was that your experience bang?

i told them exactly what i was planning on using it for and they sent me 2 48" x 15 yard rolls.

Not me but reading back on the thread I seen some people were complaining that disc dyers were only getting sheets now. When my Mom ordered me a couple of rolls she made sure to say that she was a sign shop wanting to test their product.

Just finished my 3rd dye with 3M products, and I can confirm that streaking IS NOT AN ISSUE.

Just make sure you get those edges pressed down! I smoothed my design out from both the front and back of the disc using a credit card. Then, using the back end of my Xacto knife, I made sure every line was pressed down. I dyed about 20-30 minutes and sucess! Not a single bleed.

best free stuff??

what is the best and easiest free vinyl to use from 3m. It seems that some people like the controltac and others don't. I'm new to this and I don't want it to be any harder than it has to be. Thanks

Latest posts