• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FREE VINYL!!!!

what is the best and easiest free vinyl to use from 3m. It seems that some people like the controltac and others don't. I'm new to this and I don't want it to be any harder than it has to be. Thanks

You answered your own question -- some prefer controltac, some prefer NOT controltac.

These are the ones I recommend.

I got the IJ46-20 and IJ63-20 under the promotional listing in the short rolls. This doesn't have any of the issues the ControlTac has.

Thanks that is what I was hoping for. I just got the call from the rep so I should be underway soon.

Did you tell them you were a sign shop or disc dyer? If you said dyer you might not get enough to dye because they only provide dyers a couple of small sheets unfortunately.

I just spoke to the rep. I have my own business and I said it was for promotional materials. It seems all good, he said I should see it in a week or so. Thanks for the help. I will be sure to post my dyes once I get underway.

I just searched around for places that have samples. So they sent me 2 rolls.

One was a film type tape the other is the normal paper type. Both of them are low tack.

Presto 2 tape inc

Watch in the next week they're going to be flooded with request from dyers. Haha

Good luck. Don't tell them you are disc dyeing or they will only send you a couple of sheets.

i totally got burned dude, i tried to use the old me and 3 buddys have a disc dying business, the rep was cool enough to let me get 5 exta sheets, so i got enough to do 15 discs, thats cool im not dying a million, free stuff still SCORE

i totally got burned dude, i tried to use the old me and 3 buddys have a disc dying business, the rep was cool enough to let me get 5 exta sheets, so i got enough to do 15 discs, thats cool im not dying a million, free stuff still SCORE

Sorry to hear that man. I have been trying to make that comment every now and then in this thread so that anyone placing new requests knows how to ask to get the most vinyl. Have someone else order you some now but have them say they are a sign shop lol.

Thanks for the info

I put my 3M order in on Dec 14th, Rep called on the 15th, and I just recieved my two free rolls of vinyl today (Dec. 21st). Painless. I grab the IJ180Cv3-10 and the IJ380Cv3. I will let you know how thing work out with my dyes.

I just ordered mine and I am going to have my sister order me some. She is an art teacher. I'm not surprised at all that they do this. This how they get new clients. LOL it is pretty cool how we are all using the same loophole.

I placed my order on 12/16, recieved a call the next day. Told the guy I was a startup sign business, was using the Oracal 651 and wanted to try some 3M stuff, courtesy of the info you nice folks here on DGCR provided in earlier posts. I recieved 2 big boxes at my house on 12/24, one huge roll of IJ170Cv3-10 and another huge roll of IJ380Cv3. The rep told me that was what would work if I was using the oracal stuff. My first 2 attempts at dying were epic failures, in every sense of the term. I'm hoping this stuff is better than the crap I bought at Wal-mart. I've been very inspired by following the dye a day thread, and hope to have something to add to collection. I've seen some pretty amazing work on here that has blown my mind trying to figure out how you all do them. Hopefully my next dye will be decent. I'll let you know how the vinyl works out for me when I'm able to get after it.

Latest posts