• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Friction disc golf specific gloves?

Not the same. I tried those first, they are actually sticky and caused a ton a grip-lock.

The Friction Gloves are totally different material that gives great grip, without feeling "sticky".

Still think they sound awesome. Still haven't purchased a pair.

:(

I wouldn't recommend a pair unless you throw with both hands. I've been throwing with mine since the holidays and only use the right one. A regular glove on your off-hand is a bit warmer.

I got some of these last month after a review from DGWeekly and finding out that they are local here in Portland.
Tried them out playing a putter only round at Pier Park. The temp was about 35 degrees and they really helped my grip on the cold and slick D-Line plastic. After a couple holes they also helped keep my hands warm. They are definitely a must for playing in the rainy Northwest winters. Totally recommend.

My wife got me one as a gift. I was surprised how grippy it was on a dry disc. I have naturally dry hands and specifically buy star and gstar type plastics to help me out, but when it gets cold, I still have a hard time getting a good grip. Dexterity is pretty good. Grip is exceptional. I even get clean forehand throws with it on. I think it will especially come in handy for me on a bomb throw. Can't putt with it on. Threw just two putts and pulled both to the right even though I barely felt like I was even holding the disc. Didn't putt anymore than that. Didn't want to ruin my normal, non-glove, putting abilities.

Can someone who has used a Friction Glove for awhile comment on durability?

I tried one today with good results. I expected it would negatively affect touch throws. It didn't. I was surprised that my throws were on point right from the start. Even more surprised that I had zero problems putting with it.

Disclaimer: Conditions were hot and humid enough that I would have used a birdie bag for sweaty hands; not raining, definitely not cold.

The thing arrived today and I wanted to see how it felt. 100% satisfied but now wondering if it will last?

I bought my first pair at the end of November last year and they are going strong. That is using them everyday, either at the practice field or on the course. I did buy a back up pair last week because now I would be lost without my glove. An occasional hand washing is good or else they can get stinky with sweat.

I bought my first pair at the end of November last year and they are going strong. That is using them everyday, either at the practice field or on the course. I did buy a back up pair last week because now I would be lost without my glove. An occasional hand washing is good or else they can get stinky with sweat.

Thanks. Sounds like they're built tough. I was impressed enough that I'll think about a just-in-case backup but good to know I shouldn't need it within a few rounds. Good product; much better than I expected.

Figured I'd give an update on mine. After playing about twice a week since Christmas, mine are finally shot. The elastic wristband is separating from the glove, and the grippy material has rubbed off on the tip of the middle finger and the thumb pad. That said, I've ordered another one to replace it.

They're releasing a cold weather version of Friction Gloves with fleece inside. I wonder how that would affect putting.

They're releasing a cold weather version of Friction Gloves with fleece inside. I wonder how that would affect putting.

Do you wear them all the time, now, regardless of weather conditions?

I'm getting just a right hand for the winter. It'll only average about 50 degrees during a night round in LA, but I find my cold dry hands on rigid Z lead to cracking and other discomforts. I wouldn't want it to become a crutch though, physical or mental (like people that need to putt holding a second putter). How's the transition from playing with, then without it?

I'm getting just a right hand for the winter. It'll only average about 50 degrees during a night round in LA, but I find my cold dry hands on rigid Z lead to cracking and other discomforts. I wouldn't want it to become a crutch though, physical or mental (like people that need to putt holding a second putter). How's the transition from playing with, then without it?

I started playing with them (the regular ones) last winter. My wife was complaining about my blistered, callused, nasty-looking hands. I took the hint. I throw with one all the time now, including putting, all year long, wet or dry weather. After an initial adjustment of a week or two I didn't see a difference in my putting anymore. I do get a bit more spin on drives than I did without it, though that could be related to some form and grip improvements since then (I'm not sure).

I have an Innova Skil-Shot in my garage and sometimes practice putting without the glove; I don't notice a difference either way.

I received a pair of larges as a gift.

Getting out first time today they were excellent in 4 degree Fahrenheit weather. Just put throw hand in and out of my mitten. No adjustment needed with my grip for driving. A little odd with putting. No complaints at all about them. Better than some other gloves I've messed around with. Typically in cold weather I throw barehanded. This was a very mellow relaxed so casual around with extra shots and all that. I could see using them regularly in cold weather and maybe wet.

I feel that putting with a second putter in other hand is a crutch too. Anyhow I have a putt that uses both hands but one left non dominate hand is a guide when I putt with a Sort of Pushing Spin putt with more spin the further I am out past 15-20 feet or wind conditions. The guide tracking hand is to keep the disc from going too high or low when putting. My new putt is way better then the Free throw Baskeball putt I used before that had no spin at all.

They have been working great for me. The only complaint I have is that they leave marks on the disc, especially drivers when I need snap. The thumb leaves streaks on the flight plate. Easy to clean off, but definitely noticeable. Makes me wonder how long these gloves will last. So far, no apparent issues despite numerous rounds a week for the last month.

Makes me wonder how long these gloves will last.

I bought my first pair a little over a year ago. It took about 6-7 months of using them everyday with either field work or playing rounds before little holes wore through the finger tip pad. I just moved them to use mainly for field work. Even with the little holes they are still grippy. I pick them up when they go on sale and I now have a stack of new ones ready on deck. I swear by these gloves. We've been having foggy weather in the morning and damp grass which means wet discs. I don't even bother to towel them off really because the gloves work so well for me.

Anyone else have an issue with the gloves leaving black streaks on their discs? In dry conditions on hard rips I am getting a black swirl where my thumb releases. I contacted the company and it seems it may be specific to a couple plastics, K1 in my case. Kinda a bummer when throwing brand new plastic that may not make the bag.

Anyone else have an issue with the gloves leaving black streaks on their discs? In dry conditions on hard rips I am getting a black swirl where my thumb releases. I contacted the company and it seems it may be specific to a couple plastics, K1 in my case. Kinda a bummer when throwing brand new plastic that may not make the bag.

None for me. ESP, z, champ, star, vibram medium at the moment.

Latest posts