• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fun to throw disc

I'm gonna say my Saints right now, just effortless distance with so much glide. All-time favorite though has to go to the Comet. Preferably X-Comets. They just beat into these hyzer-flipping machines and glide soooo long.

I especially enjoy throwing them on this hole;

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=2&mode=media&view=hole&hole=7&page=1

Throw it on a HUUUGE sweeping hyzer and just watch it glide forrrrever. So tasty.

Last edited:
132 blizzard krait, I take it when I do field work. If it's a windy day, I may even throw it primarily during field work. The way the wind effects it is hilarious. It's entirely too much fun.

Also I like throwing putters with my brother, was recently my brothers new ringer. It's fun throwing it behind the back and under the leg. Lol We spent 45 minutes tossing it back and forth thinking of new ways to throw it.

Definitely the Comet. I love to hyzer flip it dead straight, and not a lot of people seem to have seen that kind of flight pattern and are surprised and a bit amazed. I was waiting to play through this guy for like five or six holes today (he was super slow, and I was alone). He threw his disc into the woods on a long 320' downhill hole so I hurried up and asked to play through. Threw my Comet on a dead straight line right at it and it faded just before the basket (looked like less than a yard short from where I was) for the drop in. I love to throw that shot, especially with an audience. Gotta love the super smooth hyzers and anhyzers too and the slow flight gives you plenty of time to appreciate it.

Well..I'll probably get a lot of hate for this since it's not a golf disc, or even a disc per-say, but the original Aerobie Ring is the bomb. Effortless distance. Easily the most fun catch disc I've ever played with.

Second would be the Aerobie Skylighter...and again, I know it's not a golf disc, but whatever.

Funny thing is that I can't stand any of Aerobie's golf discs.

I also enjoy throwing my Ape for super meathook hyzer spikes. I throw it when its wet outside as an approach shot because if I can get it to stick in the ground I win a dollar from my brother. Hasn't actually happened in his sight before... BUT ONE OF THESE DAYS

I currently have two discs that are really high on the giggle factor.

First is my 164 Tourney King, which leans over a bit with a flat drive, then glides out forever.
I was thinking today Innova has very few long range drivers with extreme glide, the Groove, and the XG Boss are the only two, but the King really is a good super fast glider.

The other is my 159 Ridge, which is turning into a chain magnet from uptown.
Got another birdie today with a 70' dead center chain smasher, with witness's.
It seems like I'm canning at least one of these long putts every week now, going straight at the chains with this disc.
It satifies like a Snickers.

Had a fun day overall today, showing some noobs around the last couple of holes at one course. They were both scoring sevens on the 500' zig zag finishing hole, throwing five from longer than where I was making a solid run for my 3 par. Its nice to at least show them them the proper line, even as a lefty, on a very challenging wooded hole.

Then it was a birdiefest at the other local course, starring my Sudoku Vulcan, which was parking holes like it had the robo park feature their puting in cars now.
I didnt even have to really look, I just engaged the robo park feature, grabbed the puzzle star, and threw. Easy squeezy.

I currently have two discs that are really high on the giggle factor.

First is my 164 Tourney King, which leans over a bit with a flat drive, then glides out forever.
I was thinking today Innova has very few long range drivers with extreme glide, the Groove, and the XG Boss are the only two, but the King really is a good super fast glider.

haha your king is reallllly light. I throw a 169 vip king and it glides for ever, then skips another 20-40ft lol.

Definitely the Comet. I love to hyzer flip it dead straight, and not a lot of people seem to have seen that kind of flight pattern and are surprised and a bit amazed. I was waiting to play through this guy for like five or six holes today (he was super slow, and I was alone). He threw his disc into the woods on a long 320' downhill hole so I hurried up and asked to play through. Threw my Comet on a dead straight line right at it and it faded just before the basket (looked like less than a yard short from where I was) for the drop in. I love to throw that shot, especially with an audience. Gotta love the super smooth hyzers and anhyzers too and the slow flight gives you plenty of time to appreciate it.

i would say ^ this, but gotta go with the STATUS! no other disc i've thrown or seen thrown acts quite like it. big sweeping anhyzers and hyzer-flips that finish with slow right drift(rhbh)

Ill second coner's squall comment.
Being a comet lover you know i find those fun to throw.

...But seeing as ive been roller crazy lately in going to put my chips in with russell on the most slept on disc ever, the stratus.

Lids & superclass are a ton of fun as well :)

I also like the Cobra. It hyzer flips really nice, but it flexes incredibly long out of an anhyzer even better.

My most fun disc, though is my red Dragon. Yes, I said 'Dragon'. As long as I don't overpower it, it does really cool things and drives downwind better than anything else I carry, by far. With all the good word about the River, I'm thinking of getting one of those soon to see if it will outdo my Dragon as my downwinder.

I probably enjoy throwing my Wizards as much as anything. Second would probably be a SuperHero.

Anything lid like is really fun to throw, you can get some crazy lines with clean form. My favorites in that category are the zephyr and zeppelin.

I love to throw my z comet. Effortless to throw and when I think it should drop it just keeps cruising right along. It also has a cool purple pizza slice looking dye job so it looks really neat as it flys. I max it out at about 300, but I find myself throwing it on holes where I won't reach the pin with any disc, so I may as well throw my comet and just have a longer upshot where I can throw it again! Love my comet.

Lots of comet on here (for good reason) but not NEARLY enough love for the fuse! Just like my old X Comet but with MORE glide. Effortless isn't even strong enough of a word for getting distance with these beauties. There's a hole at one of the local campuses with a mando through a field goal posts...That are 50 feet out and 40 ft to your left. If I could, I'd throw fuses through that boy all day.

^^^ Just picked up a 171 Opto Fuse and I'm excited to try it out because I've read great reviews. I've been a Comet guy since I started so I'm nervous it'll kick'em outta the bag.

^^^ Just picked up a 171 Opto Fuse and I'm excited to try it out because I've read great reviews. I've been a Comet guy since I started so I'm nervous it'll kick'em outta the bag.
The biggest thing I noticed about the fuse vs comet was that the fuse was more forgiving and not quite as touchy. It will still turn and burn if you over power it or OAT it but that's just the nature of the beast.