• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Starter went out on my 4Runner after a round, so I'm sitting in the car waiting until I feel like push starting it. I'm watching a group on the 1st tee. The 2 guys tee off and start walking. The girl steps up to tee as the guys turn to look at her. She uncorks a super fast line drive directly into one of the guys. She blasted him right in the mouth from about 15 feet away. It put him down and I know it isn't funny but it made me laugh.

Starter went out on my 4Runner after a round, so I'm sitting in the car waiting until I feel like push starting it. I'm watching a group on the 1st tee. The 2 guys tee off and start walking. The girl steps up to tee as the guys turn to look at her. She uncorks a super fast line drive directly into one of the guys. She blasted him right in the mouth from about 15 feet away. It put him down and I know it isn't funny but it made me laugh.

Was she in their group? or just teeing off when she shouldn't have(in another group or alone in other words)?

Well that's epic fail on their part, unless they were going out to be spotters(I'd find that unlikely though).

Lots of chuckers play like this. I'm amazed this doesn't happen lots more often. Groups of chuckers seem to be pushing me and my crew(s) all the time; and we're playing par disc at worst.

Earlier today at Vollrath Park, Sheboygan, WI... Hole #15 I think it was. The group in front of me had a little girl tagging along, probably about 4-5 years old. At one point, I was waiting on the tee, looked up, and noticed she was basically dancing atop the basket!

My buddies and I were playing a round at the aptly named Cliff Drive (Kansas City) on Sunday. We were on the 8th hole. Each of us throws our drive, which is a blind, dogleg right, and start out towards the fairway, when my buddy notices the back end of a minivan sticking out of the bushes. As we get closer we notice that this vehicle is absolutely trashed. All the windows are busted out, interior is sliced up, and the dashboard is in ruins. The radio, and floor mats were outside the car, about 30 feet further down the course. Apparently, whomever stole it also tried to push it over one of the small cliffs to hide it, but it got high-centered on the edge. We called the cops, and continued on our merry little way.

Widefield Park hole 12 and we were ready to tee off. This guy comes blazing down a bike path on a motorized scooter when all of a sudden he biffs it in a huge cloud of dust. Before we could stop laughing and go check on him he was back up, brandishing a bottle of booze and yelling that he was okay.

We were playing Cascade Park in Cascade, MI, on hole 13 i believe? Well my friend threw a line drive and low and behold cruising around the corner, brand new 2010 Mustang GT with stickers still on it.... friend waxed the back corner above the window and left yellow plastic on the car and left a small dent.... needless to say that person was NOT a happy person, but my friend helped get it fixed (good thing for honest and caring people). Another time same hole same park, a different friend grip locked his disc and threw it INTO someones car through the drivers side window that was down! Now THAT'S an ace!

Mine is similar to an earlier post.

Playing Shady Oaks in Streamwood, IL, on the 11th? hole, the one out of the elephant grass towards the tree, right by the bike jump. We are approaching the basket, when I notice a pair of legs sticking out of the extremely thick elephant grass. Was it my first encounter with a dead body?

Nope, just some guy. He crawled out of the grass, made a comment about how disc golf is fun, and wandered off to a more secluded part of the park. Glad I didn't throw a disc at him to make sure he was alive.

Mine is similar to an earlier post.

Playing Shady Oaks in Streamwood, IL, on the 11th? hole, the one out of the elephant grass towards the tree, right by the bike jump. We are approaching the basket, when I notice a pair of legs sticking out of the extremely thick elephant grass. Was it my first encounter with a dead body?

Nope, just some guy. He crawled out of the grass, made a comment about how disc golf is fun, and wandered off to a more secluded part of the park. Glad I didn't throw a disc at him to make sure he was alive.

:eek: Was it a Niiiiice Mustang? Mustangs are the best :D

My brother and I were playing yesterday and a car was parked up in the grass on #7's fairway. This was in a public park at City Park DGC in Pueblo, CO. They apparently felt it was a great place to pose their car out for some photos.

Widefield Park hole 12 and we were ready to tee off. This guy comes blazing down a bike path on a motorized scooter when all of a sudden he biffs it in a huge cloud of dust. Before we could stop laughing and go check on him he was back up, brandishing a bottle of booze and yelling that he was okay.

That made me laugh.

Thanks for posting!:thmbup:

:p, That's funny! I bet he was feeling it later with all those paths being roadbase type gravel.

On hole 12 at my home course, there was a pile of broken concrete left over from when they decided to move the tee pad. The pile was there for a couple of years, right by the #11 basket. Someone decide to take all the rocks, and make a cool path from #11 to 12 with the rocks on both sides .

I guess they decided to sign their work , because by the #12 tee pad, they made a marijuana leaf out of the rocks left over.

It's not the course, but the practice field:

A local football field that I throw at had the two maintenance guys out there when I went out. They were watching and they drove over in their cart and said, "...if you can put it in the brush [~10' behind the end of the field], then he'll [the partner] go get it." I said ok, I'll try! So I take one of my new beasts and throw it pretty decently. As I release it, I hear the guy say, "Look! That groundhog's back!" I look and see that there is a groundhog that had just come out of said woods, you guessed it, right on the path of the disc. Sure enough >POW!!< the beast gets the beast in the head! Out cold from ~370'!

Had to take that one out of circulation in deference to said creature. ;)

Daniel

A local football field that I throw at had the two maintenance guys out there when I went out. They were watching and they drove over in their cart and said, "...if you can put it in the brush [~10' behind the end of the field], then he'll [the partner] go get it." I said ok, I'll try! So I take one of my new beasts and throw it pretty decently. As I release it, I hear the guy say, "Look! That groundhog's back!" I look and see that there is a groundhog that had just come out of said woods, you guessed it, right on the path of the disc. Sure enough >POW!!< the beast gets the beast in the head! Out cold from ~370'!

Daniel

Disc on Marmot violence is a serious matter. :|

I'd be more pissed, but I appreciate the fact that you retired the disc. ;)

Daniel

So, did the guy go get it?

Latest posts