• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

A group of guys throwing on the first hole from the Playground to the left of the 1st teepad, atop the kids slide under a canopy.

Talk about awkward! :doh:

Because if he didn't mention it most of us would be picturing a bunch of white people hanging meat off the chains. It's not a relevance issue, it's just a descriptor.

So by default you assume any person in a story is white if it's not mentioned otherwise? That's pretty twisted on its own, but it still doesn't tell me why race had any relevance to the story at all. Don't you think it would have been kinda weird if he'd instead said 'I ran into a group of white people grilling in a basket on Hole #17...'?

Maybe it had to do with the type of barbecue they were doing, you know, barbacoa? Easier to cook barbacoa style on a pole hole that it is BBQ-style.

So by default you assume any person in a story is white if it's not mentioned otherwise? That's pretty twisted on its own...

It's because I'm white and so are 99% of people I deal with. My high school was over 95% white, and the other 5% (or less) were migrant workers. Call it twisted if you want, but it's more of a learned perception.

So by default you assume any person in a story is white if it's not mentioned otherwise? That's pretty twisted on its own, but it still doesn't tell me why race had any relevance to the story at all. Don't you think it would have been kinda weird if he'd instead said 'I ran into a group of white people grilling in a basket on Hole #17...'?

Just as people in Mexico laugh at you when you break cultural norms. It's funnier having a rational explanation for the faux paus. Remember this isn't about race, which would be prejudicial and wrong, it is about country of orgin. If I saw white people doing this I would assume they were on drugs or I was. I have seen hispanics doing this several times. White people zero. It's not a racial discussion, it is a cultural one. They in fact cook certain meats this way in their home country.

STOP DERAILING THE THREAD! The race was mentioned get over it! Move on!

People always make something out of nothing.

STOP DERAILING THE THREAD! The race was mentioned get over it! Move on!

People always make something out of nothing.

Actually, it is about something. It's about how we as a DG population are overwhelmingly Caucasian, and we should be more colorblind. There was no need mention that they were Hispanics barbequing.

I want to see DG diversify, become more of a melting pot. Everyone says that to grow we need to get kids involved. Well, the children of this country are more minority than not.

Let's just be golfers.

Actually, it is about something. It's about how we as a DG population are overwhelmingly Caucasian, and we should be more colorblind. There was no need mention that they were Hispanics barbequing.

I want to see DG diversify, become more of a melting pot. Everyone says that to grow we need to get kids involved. Well, the children of this country are more minority than not.

Let's just be golfers.

:wall::wall::wall:

This thread needs locked.

saw a snake devouring a frog. I watched until the little guy croaked his last :'(

Saw a hawk grubbing on a snake. What comes around goes around, I guess. Little thing dangling beneath the hawk is what was left of Mr. Snake.

Attachments

• IMAG0128.jpg
    IMAG0128.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 83
Let's not lock the thread. It just REALLY ticked me off when I saw that post about the barbeque thing.

Funniest / strangest thing I've seen...let's see...

Probably the time there was a guy practicing karate moves in the fairway while his dog was tied to the basket on the hole I was about to drive on. He was totally in my way, and I waved him to move, and asked him about the dog...but he seemed oblivious. I just ended up skipping the hole.

Let's not lock the thread. It just REALLY ticked me off when I saw that post about the barbeque thing.

Funniest / strangest thing I've seen...let's see...

Probably the time there was a guy practicing karate moves in the fairway while his dog was tied to the basket on the hole I was about to drive on. He was totally in my way, and I waved him to move, and asked him about the dog...but he seemed oblivious. I just ended up skipping the hole.

Why did you say guy? Why feel the need to label his gender and maturity status? I don't understand what his gender and maturity have to do with the story.

Why did you say guy? Why feel the need to label his gender and maturity status? I don't understand what his gender and maturity have to do with the story.

Agreed. The correct phrase should have been "I saw a human being..."

Ah, another thread that has blossomed into the UFC XXXVII of words. :gross:

format c: /U:wall: <----- please do that to this thread so we can get back to some FUNNY $HIT on DG courses.... :clap:

Thanks,