• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Fuse Alternative

I'd prefer to say more stable! I had great success with both.

Touchy makes it sound like the Fuse is a bad disc. I would be okay with less sensitive!

You think the tursas has more stability? The tursas is probably THE most understable mid ive ever thrown...

The Tursas is perhaps more understable
But I think the flight is easier to manipulate and overall the disc is more responsive.

Tursas. I stopped throwing the Fuse for the Tursas. A touch faster, a better glide, and has some of the best distance potential from a mid. Mine is a max weight glopto and is $$$

edit: the Tursas, like the Fuse, will very quite a bit between max weight opto/vip, and light gl/tourney in terms of stability. I find my max weight glopto to be about the stability of my 174g gl fuse

Last edited:
You think the tursas has more stability? The tursas is probably THE most understable mid ive ever thrown...

The Tursas is perhaps more understable
But I think the flight is easier to manipulate and overall the disc is more responsive.

I have found the fuse to be more understable. Interesting that we had different experiences! The Tursas I threw did have a decent amount of flashing though, maybe I just had a beefy tursas? I've thrown multiple fuses but only one tursas

You couldn't go wrong with a Tursas. Heavier VIP plastic keeps it from being flippy.

Champ panther all day baby
Try to find a flat one
A bit more stable than fuse, and can handle more speed

I love the fuse too though

fan grip. i wasn't comfortable throwing the fuse at first either because i threw most shots with a fork grip but once i started using the fan grip it just fit right in.

the only other disc i'd recommend in that area is a comet

How far are you throwing the fuse and tursas? I usually throw putters for anything under 320 (obviously this isnt always the case..) and if I were to give a tursas any more power than that id be looking at a roller lol.

How far are you throwing the fuse and tursas? I usually throw putters for anything under 320 (obviously this isnt always the case..) and if I were to give a tursas any more power than that id be looking at a roller lol.

I throw mine between 250-285, anything farther than that I prefer a river or escape. I dunno man, sounds like we have different discs!

I too find the Fuse more understable than the Tursas.
About the same HSS but the Tursas fades back on me while the Fuse will keep turning and land softly.
I can hyzer flip the Fuse for some nice straight throws especially down hill.

The Tursas feels so much better in the hand than the Fuse.
Check out the Ibex...

I can relate to the OP, but in reverse.

My scenario was I couldn't get comfortable gripping a Comet. It must be the larger diameter. I then found the Fuse, which has been an ideal replacement for what I am looking for in a stable to understable mid.

So, maybe a Comet. I know it isn't Lat64, but they are common enough to find one and test the grip. ESP Comets are back in production :clap:

I play around with fuses
but on game day its all about the BUZZZ
just get a Buzzz and be done with it
If you want a disc you can rip on, plus a single disc for multiple lines.
its a buzzz.

I play around with fuses
but on game day its all about the BUZZZ
just get a Buzzz and be done with it
If you want a disc you can rip on, plus a single disc for multiple lines.
its a buzzz.

depending on what kind of buzzz you get they are completely different types of discs. a premium plastic buzzz is a line holding driver type mid that you put on a line and expect it to hold it. a fuse is a line shaping floaty disc.

you'd have to get a baseline plastic buzzz and beat it in to get it to shape lines and even then it'll still not have the same effortless glide and control the fuse gives you.

a buzzz and a fuse are two discs you pair together not use to replace the other.

depending on what kind of buzzz you get they are completely different types of discs. a premium plastic buzzz is a line holding driver type mid that you put on a line and expect it to hold it. a fuse is a line shaping floaty disc.

you'd have to get a baseline plastic buzzz and beat it in to get it to shape lines and even then it'll still not have the same effortless glide and control the fuse gives you.

a buzzz and a fuse are two discs you pair together not use to replace the other.

I agree - I can throw sweeping anhyzers with the Fuse that hold the line - I can't make a Buzzz do that.

I went from a Stingray to a Meteor to the Fuse. I used that for months, really liked it at the 200' range. Once putters took over for that range the Fuse didn't stay. For longer shots the fuse did one of two things - held the line like a stable little jerk, or turned too much. It was probably my form, but I stopped having those problems when I went back to my trashed Star Stingray. I can superhyzerflip that guy 300' or laser beam for 70', whatever I need. You won't get that flight out of a fresh Star Stingray, but you might like it anyway.

send me your address whatariot and ill send you a tangent.

proton-tangent-small.jpg

^ON ITS WAY TOMORROW'

/thread :p

proton-tangent-small.jpg

^ON ITS WAY TOMORROW'

/thread :p

Good man to offer it up to the OP. The tangent is pretty much what he described he wanted. I was going to reccomend the tangent or a star stingray. I throw stingrays but am kinda moving to using my tangent in that spot right next to my axis and vector.