• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ganked Disc

fasteddie

Eagle Member
WELP!

played river road today.

hole 15 we all threw our drives, after which we noticed some kids in the left line woods of the fairway...

these shady little ****os skedaddled real quick once we all kind of noticed each others presence.

we walk up and my two year old, perfectly seasoned, go too PD is no where to be found.

I know the inherit problems in logic with these next few lines, but bear with me.

I live in northern michigan. crime is pretty rare, no one locks their cars/house/everyone knows everyone kind of communities (for the most part)

NO casual traffic on the courses, the scene is very dedicated but not large by any means.

I'm just kind of lost... I've never had anything like that happen to me. I know it's not much, just one piece of plastic. But it's a piece of plastic I've actually spent YEARS with, and I'll be honest..I got love for it.

AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY STEAL **** FROM OTHERS IN PRACTICALLY RIGHT IN THE OPEN?

W..T..F!

ugh.. thanks for that.. I feel better having sullied the internet with more hate.

This ever happen to anyone else?

It has happened to me. Keep an eye out they will be back to try the same thing. I got the little punks in the parking lot of the course the very next day. I put a little fear in them and got my dusc back. It really socks that people do this kind of stuff. I actually pack an extra disc to give out if someone wants to try the game. There is no reason to steal so many people in the dg community are more than willing to hand out a discount for a new player. Punks will be punks though, hope you find them and your disc

It's happened to me as well. It was just a Groove, but it was the principle of the deal. People just suck, but don't let it get to you.

It has happened to me. Keep an eye out they will be back to try the same thing. I got the little punks in the parking lot of the course the very next day. I put a little fear in them and got my dusc back. It really socks that people do this kind of stuff. I actually pack an extra disc to give out if someone wants to try the game. There is no reason to steal so many people in the dg community are more than willing to hand out a discount for a new player. Punks will be punks though, hope you find them and your disc

what kind of discount are you offering? :p

Playing quick round at a local 9 hole pitch-n-putt, we noticed an old man, a downs syndrome kid and a teen playing ahead of us. No biggie, we're not in a hurry. On hole after hole we're bumping them but we waited, never throwing in. They never offered to let us play through, but it's a short course so no biggie.

On hole 6 they holed out, walked about 20 feet from the basket and just stood around. Finally, since it was only a 200 foot hole I decided to throw. My disc hit the base of a tree down by the basket and took a low slide in their direction. As my friend was getting ready to tee off, he asked "Did that guy just pick up your disc?". I noticed that they had left for the next teebox and immediately trotted to where they were. As I approached, I saw the kid stick something in his bag. I asked "Did you just put my disc in your bag". He said "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know it was yours". Immediately I was fuming and wanted to hit the little bastige. He gave me my disc back and I gave him "the look". Now when I tell the story it's about the day I encountered an old man, a downs syndrome kid and a retard.

Last edited:
A few years ago at Mt Airy hole #18 (the one right behind the pro shop) the guy I was playing with threw a ce firebird that skipped at the basket and around the corner of the building. By the time we got there it was gone. We saw two teens hanging around when we teed off. They were gone too.

I've never had a disc stolen from me, under any circumstance, but several times I've had oblivious people pick up my disc and try and throw it back to me. Still annoying, but at least they were trying to do the right thing.

i had a disc stolen from me about a month and a half ago, it sucks especially when you realize what happened and its too late to do anything because whoever took it is probably long gone.

id rather throw a disc off a cliff or mountain and lost forever than have someone steal one from me.

This happened to me with a Judge that I had for literally 4 days. I was really starting to get the hang of it too. It happened warming up for league night. Needless to say I shot 10 over when I usually shoot about 2 or 3 under. It rattled me more than anything I've ever experienced.

I think it was during the monkey island open this past year that our group was throwing on hole 3 and a kid was down by the basket but not in the way. I think he was sitting on one of the benches in a pavilion. He sees a disc skip in close to him so he runs over and picks it up. Then he proceeds to run it back to the teepad and hand it to the person who threw it. The whole time he's running we're yelling for him to put it down. We had no idea what to do we just let the person rethrow and laughed about it.

Unfortuntely this is all too common on my new home course. We are in a college town,a lot of the students coming from very afftluent and entitled backgrounds. So they "don't understand" being upset that their daddy would buy them a million of. Plus, they are all chuckers and chuggers with little respect for the poeple around them. I have had it happen twice where someone picks up a disc that is still in my line of sight and walk away with it. The first time I was throwing on a tunnel hole thas green backs up to the next fariway. I hit the gap and walked to the green. The "super group" of no less than 10 people that was playing in front of me picked up my disc that was less than 50 feet from the basket and walked away. I started to run after them, (I am 6'7 and this course is deep in the woods, probably scared the s**t out of them) and asked what they thought they were doing??? The response was we didn't know it was yours... To which of course my response was "you sure as hell knew it was not yours!" to no response from them. I then gave them an ettiquette lesson
The second was a little different situation. I was throwing multiples until off of the first tee, being the only open field shot on the course. I threw 3 or 4 before I saw a group coming up. I left the tee and went to round up my discs. I guess I picked up 3 in a hurry to get out of the way holed out from my 4th and did not pick it up. I walked to the next tee and threw my next drive. They were reaching the hole by the time I teed off and I heard a shout " Cool, a free disc!" I looked over and saw him add my prized surge to his backpack without any concern of my name and phone number on the bottom. I told him that belonged to me and that my name and number were on the bottom to prove it. He apologized for bagging it and swore he would look at the disc the next time. I talked to this guy briefly and he has since been out to some of our club events. I guess they aren't all bad

That happens at the closest course to my house.
One of many reasons I don't play that course very much.

Which one is that? I want to throw a round or two next time I'm in town. Which course should I avoid (or which should I play)?

I gotta share this one because it still pisses me off...here's what happened:::::::::::

We were playing a league and my group had 5 or 6 people in it. We were on hole 18...a straight shot, some trees and a bend to the left (hyzer for me). At this time I used this Stalker that I dyed a Black Cat on it...I'll admit...it was sweet. And a lotta people commented on it when I busted it out that day. So my shot (I threw first) was parked under the basket...within 5 feet. As we played out the hole, I kept looking at the spot of my disc, just to see how close the shot was and as others played up I did see that I was on the chips.
We get near the basket and I'm finally looking for my disc. The others kinda forgot so they were standing around talking and wrapping up the round...I was still looking...I kinda let em all know and a few of the others replied with "Yeah you were like parked up here weren't you?" And I said "yeah, I was on the chips" So we are looking around for a little while (2-3 minutes). Some guys are looking way too far and off into the bushes and I state clearly "I was ON THE CHIPS!" Somebody may have picked it up by accident. So I just ask nicely if everyone can check there bags. It's AT this time I see the one guy (about 35 ish...kinda a hick bum drunk) fiddle with his towel and put something in his side pocket.
--After no luck the guys ask everyone again to check their bags...I go right to him Mark Tracy...and go, "Hey Mark, can I look in your bag" (knowing something is off about him) He holds the bag from the zippered side and shows me the inside and says "See its all my stuff here....etc...etc" I grabbed the bag, opened the side zipper and pulled out MY DISC wrapped in a towel. And I said "OH.....HERE IT IS (very sternly)"

--Sadly, the group didn't realise he was completely trying to steal it....and in those circumstances....it's shady as allllll helllll. I just stared him down and walked to my car and drove off.........

What an idiot....so yeah, this **** DOES happen....sad though.

I have a sad story, a guy my buddy plays with was on a long hole Wednesday just throwing drivers killing time. we catch up to him talk for a while on a near empty course. we realized that we saw his ace yesterday, so we sign it. he shows us his other disc that was his first ace from the day before. he joins us we round up all his drivers and start playing. we had a guy walk up so we let him play though, hipster teenage looking fella. we didn't realize till later that that punk stole his first ace disc, a copper truth. I know what your thinking why did he leave such an important disc on the teepad? just a simple oversight. I am so sick of these disc chunkers thinking finders keepers is okay on the course.

Latest posts