• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gannon Buhr #75412

He definitely has the potential, but let's see how the next few years go. Simon and Eagle looked very promising at a young age, too. I'm not saying they won't, but it hasn't happened yet.

:popcorn:

His putting is amazing, like he's been on tour for 15 years. They said on Jomez he only practices 30-footers and does it a ton each day. It shows.

The thing I think about is how he'll be 26 in ten years. By that time the immortal pro sport could be saturated with what we'd today consider a GOAT type player. Instead of a McBeth and a Climo spaced out over 30 years, we could have ten of them playing at the same time. We're only just beginning to see this explosion in our sport playing out. I imagine it will be a tall order to win five world titles in that scenario.

How tough are courses going to need to be in 2032 to separate all that talent that will be there?

He definitely has the potential, but let's see how the next few years go. Simon and Eagle looked very promising at a young age, too. I'm not saying they won't, but it hasn't happened yet.

:popcorn:
Its one tournament out of many in a year, and it no longer stands alone as an outlier barometer of the best golfer, as when it took many more rounds, letting the cream rise. I'd say Eagle has demonstrated all of the established skill to be a World Champion by now, maybe in 2018 when he was the Tour Champ, but a World Championship doesn't let the guy having the best season separate himself like it used to.
His putting is amazing, like he's been on tour for 15 years. They said on Jomez he only practices 30-footers and does it a ton each day. It shows.
One stroke, adjust aim. Makes sense.

The thing that stands out to me is just how consistent he is, which is something considering how aggressive he can be.

I feel like he certainly has the work ethic down and I hope he can stay grounded, but we're entering an era where these young players are poised to come into a good chunk of change by the time they're 18...

The thing that stands out to me is just how consistent he is, which is something considering how aggressive he can be.

I feel like he certainly has the work ethic down and I hope he can stay grounded, but we're entering an era where these young players are poised to come into a good chunk of change by the time they're 18...

I hope he goes buck wild, all bling, helicopters, entourages...BUHR TIME.

He's certainly very talented.

Depth and skill level of the field will continue to grow making it difficult for any one player to be dominant.

He's not only talented, he's also really disc golf smart. He has that amazing Nate Sexton level course management skills, he's not just a big bomber like a lot of young players have been. Dude is smart, has an incredible top 5 game and is only 17 years old. The sky is the limit

He's certainly very talented.

Depth and skill level of the field will continue to grow making it difficult for any one player to be dominant.

Yep, there was another 16-year-old making a few OUTSTANDING throws on 1st round coverage.

I feel like people forget that we've seen other young guys that were supposed to be next big thing.

This feels different than previous young guns. 7 years ago when talking about Eagle, it was always about his huge potential but also about his lack of maturity.

Gannon's play and demeanor seems lightyears ahead of where Eagle's was/is. We don't even need to discuss his potential as much either, as he's already competing for wins on the pro tour. Even if he doesn't improve as he gets older, he's already developed the skillset to compete with the best.

This feels different than previous young guns. 7 years ago when talking about Eagle, it was always about his huge potential but also about his lack of maturity.

Gannon's play and demeanor seems lightyears ahead of where Eagle's was/is. We don't even need to discuss his potential as much either, as he's already competing for wins on the pro tour. Even if he doesn't improve as he gets older, he's already developed the skillset to compete with the best.
Right now their resumes, in terms of wins and finishes at A/NT(DGPT)/M events are VERY similar. at 17. By the end of the season Gannon's may look better... don't know when exactly he turns 18, is that during this season or next?

Gannon is definitely exciting to watch and it seems like the sky is the limit. His demeanor when he is on his game is amazing to watch. I hope he continues the trajectory he is on.

I agree with some of the comments that the field will continue to grow stronger. I envision a future where multiple players can win any tournament at any time. The trend from last year with players like Nathan Queen, Kyle Klein, James Conrad, etc, is continuing this year where multiple players can win any tournament at any time.

It is fun to watch.

Right now their resumes, in terms of wins and finishes at A/NT(DGPT)/M events are VERY similar. at 17. By the end of the season Gannon's may look better... don't know when exactly he turns 18, is that during this season or next?

He started this season at 16 apparently, just recently turned 17.

I believe he resigned with Prodigy over the off season, don't remember for how long?

Seems like a touchy area with kids that young. Any idea if he plans to play pro full time or do some type of school/tour hybrid?

His response since LVC and demeanor in his y/t vids gives me a sense of 'wise beyond his years' mental toughness that is the real key to lasting dominance. I'd bet on him being the next to challenge Ricky and Paul. Given his youth, I'd expect his feel will improve to usurp them in time. Paul and Ricky are money, and Calvin is still a force.

I agree he has all the tools already at a young age to compete at the highest levels. But lets not forget, people mature and change a lot between 16 and 21 or even 25. The reasons he has been playing and desiring to get better may change. The transition from 'for fun' to 'for a career' is happening as we speak. Let's see how it plays out. (copyright Uli, used without permission). And as someone pointed out, big bucks can change things, and there's a lot of that flowing right now. If he didn't already get a big pay bump this past off-season, he is certainly poised to do so this year. What's the old saying--money changes everything?

I wish him well.

Latest posts