• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway disc?

An UrgeTo Dance

Bogey Member
I am looking at buying the 5 piece gateway factory second bundle that Discnation has on sale right now and was wondering if anyone had ever bought it before and could tell me what to expect. I was also wondering how gateway disc compare, this would be the first time I have ever bought any.

I have a first run HPP Slayer, HPP Element, and Prototype Samurai. I've only thrown the Slayer, and it is very similar to a Destroyer, but maybe a touch more glide-not as much as a Halo though. Both the Slayer and Samurai are rock hard, while the element is grippy and bends like FLX plastic. Oh yeah, I got a SS Magic putter, but gave it to my girlfriend.

didn't make it in before the 5 mintues.
Good luck getting any straight answers about Gateways discs, other than putters. I heard that the Slayer was super overstable from some, and a flippy POS from others. I heard quite a few people say that the Samurai is supposed to be pretty understable, but then Gateway said it's mildly overstable. Not a single numerical rating anywhere. The Element looks and feels a lot like a FLX Buzzz, but might fly more like a Buzzz SS from what I've read.

FWIW, I got the 3 disc set direct from Gateway; they included the Samurai, a mini, and a sticker, and covered shipping for $25. I got to specify what putter, and colors and weights too. You might be better off buying direct.

Blaze

I go between Firebirds and my Blaze for big spike mid range shots. I think I like the Blaze better but most the time I don't carry it because its the only shot I use it for. It's a good disc though.

Yeah direct deals with Gateway are sweet.

5 for $40 or 10 for $70

Plus sometimes they throw in an extra disc...and a mini of course!

Gateway disc is aptly named, they're like a gateway drug to better/stronger discs that you have to have more and more of.

"Hey man, you got any Gold Line Fuses? I got these cheeseburgers" *scratches feverishly*

"Nah man, nah. I just throw an HPP Element every now and then." :|

Last edited:
Yeah direct deals with Gateway are sweet.

5 for $40 or 10 for $70

Plus sometimes they throw in an extra disc...and a mini of course!

Good thing about this deal is you can pick which discs you want to try out rather than getting a random xout deal.

Gateway disc is aptly named, they're like a gateway drug to better/stronger discs that you have to have more and more of.

"Hey man, you got any Gold Line Fuses? I got these cheeseburgers" *scratches feverishly*

"Nah man, nah. I just throw an HPP Element every now and then." :|

haha... accurate statement.

my opinion, the best gateway discs are the Element (buzz), Warrior (hornet), Sabre (leopard), Blaze (gazelle), Spirit (Max), and Apache (valkyrie)

The gummier the HPP the better.

No love for the Scout? I don't throw mine anymore, but I absolutely loved it until my bag got taken up by MVP plastic.

Go direct just like everyone else is saying.
here's their Website

they generally throw in extra stuff. Right now they have a proto mid and most likely you would get one of those. they gave me one when i was in the shop the other day.

I have throw wizards, warlocks, warrior, sabre, and apache. The putters are awesome once you find a few with the right feel. The others are good discs, but I personally found stuff i liked better.

I love the Warrior and Wizards, the element is alright too. If I didn't find Ions I'd still throw Wizards, it's a preference thing, both great discs.

Latest posts