• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Discs

The bead is bigger on the meathook ones.

Thanks, it looks like all of the ones I have are the fixed ones. I would think they should be, they're all recently ordered from Gateway. Hopefully they rotate their stock somewhat and don't have a bunch of old ones mixed in with the new ones, but I know anything is possible.

just dont get a sabre in S plastic, took one throw with mine in S and hit a tree, it is a taco and uselss now...good thing Dave sent it for free

honestly their E-Proline and HPP plastics are amazing in my mind, both for different reasons, I dont know why they even bother with the S series, I do however like Innova DX plastic...weird

Organic Wizard

I picked up a couple Organic SSS Wizards. Or at least that is how they are marked. The plastic seems a little harder than the other 3 SSS Wizards I picked up. Anyone have any experience with the Organic Wizards? Do they break-in or behave any different than the SS or SSS Wizards? Or are they just a nice marketing ploy from Gateway?

i have four organic voodoos, Dave actually told me that they are closer to the SS plastic more than anything, they have broken it very well so far for me and i could see them getting as good as an SSS with plenty of play

The bead is bigger on the meathook ones.

The Grass Green straight "E" ones were super money that were out before I switched. Next best thing to the original Milkies and they had a perfectly straight flights although like I said they are Grass Green.

Last edited:
Organic Wiz's

Break's in like an SS. Cool. I have some SS's that I love also. Thanks.

I've tried a bunch of Gateway stuff and I don't hate any over it overall.

I don't like the Magic for putting, but it's a great upshot disc...but I've got that more than covered in my bag already.

Voodoos are nice and some of the plastics are chalky gummy weirdness and I like it.

Wizards are money, but you have to give in to the wizard. I'll probably end up throwing these some day.

Warlocks are cool but I don't really have room for them in my line up.

Demon is neat it's somewhere between a drone and a wasp...leaning more towards drone. I have a CRAZY drone I got from DiscJon so I might put the demon in its place.

I've got a glow sabre and I like it a lot, not much of a bead on it so it's obviously not an old run version.

and I just got an Apache and a Warrior in the mail. Warrior wasn't the run I was expecting (was looking for a gummy one) but I think I like it anyway...it's super pink :)

I've also been tossing an old Blaze that's hand me down of a hand me down from DiscJon's dad, to him, to me. It's a great disc in the wind....

\/\/

gateway

I just got some new discs from the gateway ebay store today and these are the first gateway discs I have ever purchased so I have some questions about them for anyone who is more familiar with gateway than my self. I got three wizards but the bonus disc given to me has an ice bowl stamp on it and 169-ev-ap Im guessing this is a 169 evolution plastic apache? Is this correct and if so could you tell me a little more about this disc like is it similar to anything discraft or innova makes? From what i can understand its like a fairway driver or similar to a discraft stalker. any help would be great thanks!

I just got some new discs from the gateway ebay store today and these are the first gateway discs I have ever purchased so I have some questions about them for anyone who is more familiar with gateway than my self. I got three wizards but the bonus disc given to me has an ice bowl stamp on it and 169-ev-ap Im guessing this is a 169 evolution plastic apache? Is this correct and if so could you tell me a little more about this disc like is it similar to anything discraft or innova makes? From what i can understand its like a fairway driver or similar to a discraft stalker. any help would be great thanks!

Disc came out after I stopped throwing Gateway but it is pretty much straight and IMO a faster Leopard or something. Of course it does have a little more stability but I'm sure there is some variation between the different runs.

been throwing an HPP Apache 168 in the practice field this week and it is near identicle to my champion viking of same weight. I am throwing both 270ft average distance while consistantly accurate. I did land a 295ft throw with the Apache and only 280 with the Viking. That 295 is my furthest throw in the practice field yet. (btw, i measure out 300 feet every time i go to the field and place a marker every 50 feet). I hope to break the 300 mark with it this weekend.... slowly but surely.... :eek:

Questions about gateway plastic

So I know that the challenger and wizard are basically the same putter...I was wondering which gatewat plastic would be softer than the challenger but a little stiffer than the soft challenger...medium, soft, super soft, and I'm assuming that sss is really floppy...thanks in advance

To get that specific you'll probably have to find some in person to feel or talk to someone from Gateway to find out which disc you want. There isn't a whole lot of consistancy when it comes to stifness in Gateway putters.

I bought a SSS (super stoopid soft) VooDoo and it was not a soft as a pro Rhyno. Was very discappointed. It was softer than regular plastic, but if I were gonna call a disc SSS it should be BlowFly soft.

I bought a SSS (super stoopid soft) VooDoo and it was not a soft as a pro Rhyno. Was very discappointed. It was softer than regular plastic, but if I were gonna call a disc SSS it should be BlowFly soft.

They rate their discs on a scale that takes surface tacky into account and it's very subjective. My SS Magic is much floppier (and older) than my SSS Magic. It's hard to buy Gateway on the Internet. I use them and love 'em, but I don't buy Gateway anymore unless i can hold it.

Latest posts