• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Has any one fondled the new evo glow plastic? I saw they are making color glow now. I have one diamond glow wiz that is a bit slick, flat, and overstable. Similar to the regular evo diamond wizards, but honestly a bit slicker in this colder weather.
It also glows better than any disc I've ever seen.

I went to a "wizard only" tournament a couple months ago and got some kind of "bio wizard" is a champion/z type plastic. By far the most beefy wizard I've ever thrown

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's what I have. It's a dull brown-ish glow-ish color, champ like, and beefy. If the new color glows are a little grippier, and brighter, I'd love to replace it.

All I have is a OOP g9i Wizard 172 grams Red, as that was the most common color at the store for hard type Wizard's, the soft and lower were all that 1970's Avocado green at the Play It Again I bought my bran new disc at in 2004, about the time I later found out they stopped for a bit making said disc. The Hard Wizard was nearly the same disc and I should have gotten that disc at the time. Now both are no longer made due to PDGA rules for g9i flex and the Hard being borderline not legal for flex. If my dad still uses his hard Wizard I might give him mine as it is same color as it is nearly the same disc at the same weight and I do not throw mine.

All I have is a OOP g9i Wizard 172 grams Red, as that was the most common color at the store for hard type Wizard's, the soft and lower were all that 1970's Avocado green at the Play It Again I bought my bran new disc at in 2004, about the time I later found out they stopped for a bit making said disc. The Hard Wizard was nearly the same disc and I should have gotten that disc at the time. Now both are no longer made due to PDGA rules for g9i flex and the Hard being borderline not legal for flex. If my dad still uses his hard Wizard I might give him mine as it is same color as it is nearly the same disc at the same weight and I do not throw mine.

Words!

I've never seen a 'Hard', I love me some Mediums though.. and those fail to flex and are no longer made...

Funny still that the Wizard dropped the "PDGA" part of "approved" around the same time. I have Wizards from this time where you can clearly see that the molding was simply filled in and sanded, lightly, over.

I've never seen a 'Hard', I love me some Mediums though.. and those fail to flex and are no longer made...

Funny still that the Wizard dropped the "PDGA" part of "approved" around the same time. I have Wizards from this time where you can clearly see that the molding was simply filled in and sanded, lightly, over.

Mine has no PDGA or Approaved on it, my dads Hard or Firm whatever it is called still had the PDGA on it but no Approved on it. The Medium that Gateway makes now is as hard as a Hard Pro D Putter made after 2005-2006.

Sometime around 2010 as I recall
i-LWR98FN-M.jpg

And... 2013, the simple removal of PDGA still makes me laugh.
i-Br92xPn-M.jpg

Now.
i-XmBJVRw-M.jpg

Sadly, the last time I ordered from Gateway directly, I asked for "as close to medium as possible".. and got "I'll send you some PWP", which is pretty much as close.

I haven't seen one marked Med in years now :(

I still have mine. It's a damn fine Wizard. I also have a small stack of mediums that I put away after the last G9i releases.

It's funny.. I still buy fricken Wizards, and yet I still have a fresh (rather dusty) stack. I should stop, I think I have a problem.

.. and yea, those were damned fine Wizards.

I haven't seen one marked Med in years now :(

Neither have I, but I did pick up a medium magic from Marshall Street earlier this year. It's about as stiff as my g9is but has a slicker feel. Pwp and fossil aren't the same, but are still pretty nice.