• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Yes but a stiffer version of baseline, like the way they make on the other side the SSS Wizard. A special blend in baseline. most Wizards even in baseline felt too tall for that disc but the G9i Wizard did not, most likely the way it molded up. Just how the disc felt to me though.

Last edited:
????

I thought we were talking premium

I have a few from a recent batch of platinum that feel great. Once they flattened out they feel like a normal wizard. I have a few diamond evolutions that feel way bulkier though. Most putters I've ever felt in a champion like plastic have always seemed to feel a bit off though. The ion even feels a bit bulky when compared to fossil wizards.

Casey, can you please stop spreading misinformation about G9i Wizards? Dave Mac posted here when the whole thing happened before we ran him off that the testing happened because he sent some to stock in the IDGC pro shop, and they noticed the firmness and decided to test them. When they failed (by a large margin), he was asked to stop making them. They weren't banned from competition, there's no manufacturer conspiracy.

Casey, can you please stop spreading misinformation about G9i Wizards? Dave Mac posted here when the whole thing happened before we ran him off that the testing happened because he sent some to stock in the IDGC pro shop, and they noticed the firmness and decided to test them. When they failed (by a large margin), he was asked to stop making them. They weren't banned from competition, there's no manufacturer conspiracy.

Don't you know conspiracies are more fun than the truth? Just let the man have his disc golf Illuminati.

I assume Casey is a man, but I guess that might be wrong. Does it make me sexist if the first thought I have when a female is on this forum is she must be lost and what rabbit hole did she take to get here?;)

Last edited:
Yes but a stiffer version of baseline, like the way they make on the other side the SSS Wizard. A special blend in baseline. most Wizards even in baseline felt too tall for that disc but the G9i Wizard did not, most likely the way it molded up. Just how the disc felt to me though.

A special blend IN baseline is....STILL BASELINE! Someone posted about premium Wizards and you just recycled the same off topic, random BS you always do. Stop posting.

All premium wizards I've ever owned we're deep dish pizza

Hate em

tiny-hands.jpg

Cute selfie bro.

Could somebody explain the difference in flight and feel of evolution diamond anencephaly evolution platinum for me?

Thanks.

I'm not as familiar with Wizards as most here but that is what I throw for a putter. I have ER, SS, SSS and SB. The SB is definitely a little flatter than the others. Its got a little flex to it but of all the ones I own my Wizards in SB are not as dome shaped as my others.

Casey is good for 2-3 head scratchers per day.

As a fellow early millennial born in 1988 (I assume), really makes me wonder. :sick:

I'm not as familiar with Wizards as most here but that is what I throw for a putter. I have ER, SS, SSS and SB. The SB is definitely a little flatter than the others. Its got a little flex to it but of all the ones I own my Wizards in SB are not as dome shaped as my others.

they market the SB and PWP as having a lower shoulder.

they market the SB and PWP as having a lower shoulder.

They don't market the SB as anything in particular. Every run is different blend, every run comes out with =different characteristics.

Fossil Wizards have nice low shoulders. PW (the final formulation for the PWPs) sortof don't. They're pretty middlin'. Nice stiff throwers though. I have one in my bag.

I've got a couple baby blue special blends i snagged from the factory a couple years ago that are flat with a nice lower profile...great throwers but they feel a lot faster to putt with. I like my putting wizards just a hair deeper.

My favorite putting wizards are still the black supersofts that probably are on the firmer side of ss. Fairly firm rim with some give in the plate and the grittiness along the outer edge.

The Marshall St Disc Golf Pro Shop has on occasion gotten in large shipments of putters from Gateway; oddball stuff, lots of x-outs, discs that are in blends that don't fit any established description, discs that obviously do not meet the PDGA's rules for stiffness, a bunch of stuff that Gateway wanted to unload. Since I live near Marshall St, I have spent lots of time feeling up lots of these discs, and have purchased far more than I ought. So, I have had the chance to see how Gateway's blends vary greatly. But, I have never managed to become very sophisticated with the shoulder heights of Wizards to recognize any significant difference. I have spent time staring at profiles of lots of Wizards trying to see these supposed different shoulder heights. Sometimes, when I hold two very different blends side by side, and squint just so, I might think that one of them seems to have a more rounded shoulder. But, then I hold them and cannot feel any difference in them whatsoever.

I am not saying that I don't believe that Wizards can have somewhat different shoulder heights. Just that, for me, this is not a factor yet. But, I will accept for the sake of argument that there exist some for whom the minute differences in shoulders will matter.

Latest posts