• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

That would have been a pretty empty ban since it would have been impossible to enforce. I think they did the most reasonable thing by just getting them out of the market and not worrying about the ones that are out there. They can't test every disc, and the flex test I'm sure is the most often flunked PDGA technical standard. There are millions of golf discs over the last 30 years that have been sold with "PDGA approved" on them that would have flunked the flex test. A couple hundred Wizards? No sweat.

I think the PDGA has for a long time has done this same thing with questionable plastic mixes. Case in point: Cam Todd Challengers. Everybody loved them. They could have sold a boatload of them whenever they wanted to. Why did that plastic disappear? Maybe for the same reason the G9i plastic disappeared and Discraft just never said anything publicly about it. I seriously doubt a Cam Todd Challenger could pass the flex test. Same with the 10X Kc Pro plastic. Why did it get softer during the 11X run? Why didn't Innova go back to the harder plastic when everyone hated the later 11X runs? Maybe the PDGA had something to do with that.

Or not. Hard to tell. It is possible, though.

I think there is a lot of truth to this. What it boils down to is that the PDGA is pretty limited in its ability to enforce the standards after a mold gets approved, and that 99% of the time disc manufactures get that and choose to stay within the standards anyway. This arrangement is inevitably going to cause some drama every once in a while

You can shatter fossil, I've done it. I don't think you can taco or warp it tho.

I warped a grey proto scale pretty badly from a tree hit. The area bent down but was hard to work back flat again due to being so stiff. I do see it being more susceptible to breaking though vs deforming being such a firm blend.

I really didn't care so much about the G9i's, but I really miss medium Wizards. I've had to switch to the soft Wizards, which...it might be me but when a soft is new it's fine in terms of being firm, but they beat in and get softer. I hate soft putters. I really can't beat up a Wizard anymore. :( Hopefully the beat up mediums I have will last me.

Have you tried the Dog Toy Wizards? It's the closest blend to medium I've found recently.

My main putter is an old medium wizard, and the first run fossil lizards I picked up from RDG are significantly stiffer. More like the original G9i.

My main putter is an old medium wizard, and the first run fossil lizards I picked up from RDG are significantly stiffer. More like the original G9i.
Y'all need to shut up about how stiff the Fossil plastic is. Just sayin'. :|

"BROKE". Not sure if all capitals are needed but that is how it was originally posted.

Bingo! Buy em up boys! The more stuff y'all buy this week the sooner we all get to throw the Tyrant, which is the only 2016 mold release I care about.

My main putter is a wizard but it has no tooling on the back at all it just 172 soft albeit the plastic is not really "soft" I have had it for probably close to ten years. What plastic would this be or what run? The color looks like terra cotta. There are so many blends runs etc etc it s hard to know what ya got. Any info on old wizards with absolutely no tooling on the back?

15 percent off all wizards at infinitediscs promo code 2016DISCOFTHEWEEK6
You can thank me later

Latest posts