• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

I'm looking to pick up a Fuse, but I have...issues...with how clear the Lat64's opto plastic tends to be. If I want one that's less clear would I be better off going with orange, neon yellow, or pink (as marshallstreet's colors are listed)?

I love the look of the pink one I got from plshrk. I have an old pink Core that has nothing on the new Opto Pink.

Definitely liking the fuse a lot...I think they compliments Rocs better than Comets do. It might be time that the 'next-gen' Comet gets a permanent spot in the bag.

victorb said:
Definitely liking the fuse a lot...I think they compliments Rocs better than Comets do. It might be time that the 'next-gen' Comet gets a permanent spot in the bag.

So you have some unused comets now?

I threw Fuses and DX Rocs for an hour after work, practicing straight tunnel shots on a tree-lined artificial fairway. I was throwing about 240 – 250' (pretty good midrange distance for me), with the Fuses generally flying a little farther than the Rocs. The Fuse does everything I had hoped that Comets would do, so it has definitely earned a spot in the bag. I plan to order another GL Fuse or two, probably 168-170ish.

The Fuse's slanted rim gave me no trouble as long as the disc was dry (Opto felt quite slick when wet). With my less-than-pristine form, the Fuse does seem fairly sensitive to wind. I had no problem throwing flattened hyzers into a mild headwind, but once the Fuse flipped up to or just past flat, even a light breeze would turn the disc noticeably.

victorb said:
Fuse + Roc would be a highly versatile midrange combination. If I continue to make progress on flicking Rocs cleanly, Roc may replace Buzzz in the stable midrange slot.

Unity said:
I'm looking to pick up a Fuse, but I have...issues...with how clear the Lat64's opto plastic tends to be. If I want one that's less clear would I be better off going with orange, neon yellow, or pink (as marshallstreet's colors are listed)?
28vu5g6.jpg

My friend's pink and neon yellow opto.

More opaque = better, I'd never be able to find that yellow one.

Do people still think the Opto's are a little more stable? I'd like to get a 180 Opto to complement my 177 GL if so.

my findings with 2 optos and 2 GL's have so far been that the GL's seem a tad bit more overstable, and have a tad bit more fade than the optos which is the opposite what discspeed discovered. The difference is so small with same weight discs that it's barely noticeable, and you really have to push the disc to get it out of them. The stability+fade seems to rely more on the weight of the disc than the actual plastic, my 177g GL is the most stable of the lot and can take most grunt, but my 174g pink opto and 174g orange GL are so close to eachother that it won't make any real difference in the end.

Just to stress it more, the fade difference is absolutely minimal. If you throw them even somewhat low line they all will come down without fading at all. My semi-domey neon yellow 170g opto has the most glide, but that's probably more the dome and the light weight than anything else. Rest of the discs are are on the flat side.

Probably going to pick up a Gold Fuse today (unless they have more heavy Optos at PIAS). Hopefully it will fly similar to the Opto.

I think stability is quite weight dependent with the Fuse. I picked up two more GLs that felt identical to my first. My 3 ended up weighing 176, 177, and 178. Each gram heavier correlates with a slight boost in stability. My 177g orange Opto is still the most overstable of the lot. It is also the domiest.

Somebody post on here if the Metallic Blue Gold Line's come available. Just make sure and PM me first :)

discspeed said:
I think stability is quite weight dependent with the Fuse. I picked up two more GLs that felt identical to my first. My 3 ended up weighing 176, 177, and 178. Each gram heavier correlates with a slight boost in stability. My 177g orange Opto is still the most overstable of the lot. It is also the domiest.

About time you came around.

emiller3 said:
More opaque = better, I'd never be able to find that yellow one.

Do people still think the Opto's are a little more stable? I'd like to get a 180 Opto to complement my 177 GL if so.

Aye, the yellow one just DISAPPEARS on anything slightly green. Really have to see where it lands if you plan on finding it quickly :)

The pink one's really visible though, as pinks usually are.

discspeed said:
rooneytunes said:
It's tough, I may just have to adjust my grip a little bit to suite the slanted rim. I love the fuse's flight enough to work with it. Normally, I would toss it in the garbage and move on, but the fuse is just so much fun to throw.

Slanted rim? Almost all mids have slanted rims, and I don't think the Fuse is any more slanted than a Buzzz. Even Ranchos are slanted.

Yep, mid rims are slanted, I'm just not used to the feel of the fuse yet. I don't throw buzzzes, but I do throw Ranchos and they are much closer to 90 degrees than the fuse, at least according to my fingers.

After today, I think I've figured out my grip with the fuse and I like it. I was just expressing that it was taking me longer to get it down than other mids I've thrown.

rooneytunes said:
discspeed said:
rooneytunes said:
It's tough, I may just have to adjust my grip a little bit to suite the slanted rim. I love the fuse's flight enough to work with it. Normally, I would toss it in the garbage and move on, but the fuse is just so much fun to throw.

Slanted rim? Almost all mids have slanted rims, and I don't think the Fuse is any more slanted than a Buzzz. Even Ranchos are slanted.

Yep, mid rims are slanted, I'm just not used to the feel of the fuse yet. I don't throw buzzzes, but I do throw Ranchos and they are much closer to 90 degrees than the fuse, at least according to my fingers.

After today, I think I've figured out my grip with the fuse and I like it. I was just expressing that it was taking me longer to get it down than other mids I've thrown.

This is me with the Ridge, I don't know why... but I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

I really like the grip I get on the Fuse. I've only been able to squeeze in 2 short throws each with mine so far so I can't comment on the flight, but they feel great in my hand. Hopefully I'll be able to stop by a field sometime this evening and give them a proper rip or two.

Like Discspeed I have been throwing a fairly beat up X Buzzz and have been somewhat unhappy with its stubborn refusal to lose stability enough to fly like I want it. So I picked up a 172g GL Fuse today and love it, it is indeed what I wanted that X Buzzz to be on turnovers. Despite a grand total of 6-7 throws with it today it's going in my bag for a tournament this weekend because I never really got in a groove with the X Buzzz for the turnovers anyway. I'm still keeping the beat up X Buzzz for any hyzer-flipping to flat or slight turn throws because I'm used to its behavior on them but after the tournament I'll be trying the Fuse on a lot more shots.

I had forgotten that the rim was supposedly slanted on it, I didn't notice it at all.

Latest posts