• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Girls, 75ft Jump Putts and Epic Views

I recall seeing a DGCR member on here from South Africa. Is DG popular down there or were you just promoting the sport to some new players?:popcorn:

I know a guy who flies to Johannesburg regularly for work and brings his discs with him. He mentioned getting some locals involved but that there wasn't an organized club, so it must not be that big around Jo'burg. I can't comment on other parts of the country.

Very cool Holly. Keep up the good work!

Why is it that everybody loves to call out falling putts on a home made practice video? When you have 2 putters and you're putting the 2 one, a walk towards the basket on the 2nd shot is just out of pure convenience. I didn't setup a mini, place my foot in the 30 cm triangular zone at the 12 o'clock line to make sure I was adhering to PDGA rules during my home made video. GEEZ LOUISE PEOPLE!

Regarding Disc Golf in South Africa- There is a very very small community in Johannesburg, but not in Cape Town. There is a course or 2 around South Africa, but they are private and would be about $300 to get to by taxi.

Thanks for watching!

Why is it that everybody loves to call out falling putts on a home made practice video? When you have 2 putters and you're putting the 2 one, a walk towards the basket on the 2nd shot is just out of pure convenience. I didn't setup a mini, place my foot in the 30 cm triangular zone at the 12 o'clock line to make sure I was adhering to PDGA rules during my home made video. GEEZ LOUISE PEOPLE!

Regarding Disc Golf in South Africa- There is a very very small community in Johannesburg, but not in Cape Town. There is a course or 2 around South Africa, but they are private and would be about $300 to get to by taxi.

Thanks for watching!

Mostly because I am an ******* and can't help myself :( At least I didn't make fun of your sunglasses :| I just know that it helps to practice exactly like you are playing for real. Otherwise, I don't think there is much benefit to it.

It also seems like more and more people are breaking rules in events that I am playing in, so I am warming up for the upcoming year to get ready to stop people from missing their plant by 3'. Sorry!

But, all that aside, what you are doing for the sport is so much more than I will accomplish. It is awesome seeing someone outside the normal mold who is so dedicated to the sport try to extend it to a new demographic. Keep up the good work!

Way cool Holly! If you really want to play Disc Golf in a third world country come visit us in New Orleans!
We have better food.

Nice job, Holly!
We got a bunch of Joan Rivers wannabe fashion critics over here.
Who cares what they think, do your thing.

Wow, Che was a racist scumbag, but don't let history confuse Ol'Nely...

That quote from Nelson, if true, is absolutely stunning in it's absurdity and ignorance on his part.

Last edited:

That quote from Nelson, if true, is absolutely stunning in it's absurdity and ignorance on his part.

you bringing your political nonsense into the "normal" part of the forums?

If nobody sees the irony in the first part of your post, it's because they aren't looking.

Hmmm....are you sure you know who is confused about their history?

Che was head of the Cuban delegation to the UN and was the first ambassador to that organization to call for condemnation of South Africa for the "brutal policy of apartheid". He also publicly condemned the Jim Crow laws of the US and segregation and met with several civil rights leaders (not King as King didn't want to be associated with communism).
"Those who kill their own children and discriminate daily against them because of the color of their skin; those who let the murderers of blacks remain free, protecting them, and furthermore punishing the black population because they demand their legitimate rights as free men—how can those who do this consider themselves guardians of freedom?"
And yes, that quote from Mandela is accurate.

Was Che perfect, did Che do things that could be considered wrong-sure, but what figure in history didn't (don't let me start on the founding fathers)

xwaNA.gif

Latest posts