• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glide

Boneman

Hello. I'm a relatively new player, with about 20 rounds under my belt and a handful of practice sessions in the field near my home. I have a question about how you experienced players manufacture glide when throwing a driver.

When I throw my discs (RHBH) they tend to die pretty quick. By contrast, when I watch experienced players, the disc seems to keep going far longer than what you would expect based on just arm speed. I do seem to get better results with my heavier disc than I do with my lighter one (seems counterintuitive based on what I've read) but I'm just wondering if there's a trick to this that I may be missing.

A good clean form imparts spin on the disc that enables it to hold truer to the intended flight numbers.
Keep practicing and visit the the "techniques" section.

Stick to putters and mid ranges for a while. They really help with form and release. You will see glide out of them easily compared to drivers.

Stick to putters and mid ranges for a while. They really help with form and release. You will see glide out of them easily compared to drivers.

What he said. Idc what anyone says, this is a great guide for new people. It will tell you roughly how far you should be throwing a disc to get a proper flight path. Not only that it kind of helps in deciding if you're ready for higher speed discs
http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431

I always tell people that are new to work out their form, then start pushing for distance. it's better to throw straight and build than swing for the fences and wind up in the brush.

A good clean form imparts spin on the disc that enables it to hold truer to the intended flight numbers.

Stick to putters and mid ranges for a while.

In addition to these, I'll add that if your putters are going as far as your drivers, you aren't ready for drivers yet. FWIW I rarely throw a driver anymore. Since I tore up my throwing arm, drivers are windy day discs for me.

Latest posts