• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Glitch 1 7 0 0 The Gyro P/A & Catch Lid

Every time I put this disc in my bag, I never end up using it during my round.

It's a disc I feel like I should bag, but during rounds I never seem to come across a situation where I'd use it.

I hold it in the bag for obstructed throws where I really need something that will hold an angle and be floaty. Or a dead straight shot under 150 that I need it to just sit down without fade. I can go a round or two without needing it. Usually it's 2-4 shots per round but it's great to have when needed.

I hold it in the bag for obstructed throws where I really need something that will hold an angle and be floaty. Or a dead straight shot under 150 that I need it to just sit down without fade. I can go a round or two without needing it. Usually it's 2-4 shots per round but it's great to have when needed.

Exactly this.... I use mine about the same amount. I always want to throw it but I need to limit my temptation to keep my scores lower :D , previous success in glitch only rounds can be misleading. Haha. It's a great disc for when you get the green light in dubs :D

I probably use my Glitch 4-5 times a round at least, depending on the course. Unless I really need it to hyzer, any approach/putt between 60-150 I usually use it for. I Also will use it for drives on some holes that are around 180-230'. Also, it's great for downhill shots.

There's a course about an hour from me that I played with it that has a lot of elevation changes. It has 3 really fun downhill shots in particular. One is around 270' tunnel with the basket tucked just to the left at the end of the tunnel. I tossed my Glitch straight down the tunnel the whole way just a little nose up, and it stalled and faded towards the basket right at the end of the shot, unfortunately caught a limb and ended up just far enough away to make it a challenging putt that I missed, but it was the perfect disc for that hole that any other disc I've ever tried has gone too far past the basket into the woods or has trouble navigating the tunnel. Same course also has lots of other tunnel holes. I think I used the Glitch on at least 10 shots that day.

Every time I put this disc in my bag, I never end up using it during my round.

It's a disc I feel like I should bag, but during rounds I never seem to come across a situation where I'd use it.

I use mine quite a bit. Long C2 look that I want to run, I'm using the Glitch. Standstill throw with an obstruction, probably throwing the Glitch. Trees in the way and having to approach under branches from 100' out, probably throwing the Glitch. If I'm looking at 175' or less off the tee, I'm probably throwing the Berg as it's a bit more predictable when you put more power into it.

I use mine quite a bit. Long C2 look that I want to run, I'm using the Glitch. Standstill throw with an obstruction, probably throwing the Glitch. Trees in the way and having to approach under branches from 100' out, probably throwing the Glitch. If I'm looking at 175' or less off the tee, I'm probably throwing the Berg as it's a bit more predictable when you put more power into it.

Most those situations I'll be throwing my beat Proxy. Been throwing the same one since they came out in soft N and I feel worlds more confident with it than the Glitch. The Glitch is fun to throw but for a serious round I feel like a Proxy or similar is more consistent.

Glitch was money for me at a tournament last weekend

over 54 holes I think I had to putt maybe 10 times.

I put my Glitch (75% of my approaches*) or my Envy (25% of my approaches*) within 5 feet of the pole. I won by 11 strokes (that said there was a Par 4 water hole that I took par on and my competitors found water on back to back shots)

* on like sub 200 approaches, outside of that it was Truth or Exodus usually

If it is not windy the ease of a wrist toss Glitch to right by the basket is amazing

I think I'd bag one in max weight. The flight and line holding ability is nice but the light weight seems to throw me off. My bag is all 170-180 so 150g is a big change.

I ordered a couple of these. If I don't like them I'm blaming it on all of you :p

They do sound interesting. I'll give my thoughts once I toss em.

So, the weather was awful around here this weekend temp wise. Low 40's and a bit of breeze. Super swampy area in general and we had a blizzard a week ago. Needed to get a couple rounds in though. Convinced Mrs. wolf to go out and throw in the cold :thmbup:

But since it was crappy and it'd probably be a disservice to our game throwing our normal bag we decided to do a random disc draft round. Basically we picked random discs to fill each others bags with and just see how we played with said discs. My bag is bigger so I asked if I could put the glitch in there since I've never thrown it anyway.

My random wife picked bag.

Brand new Pro Wraith (never thrown)
Brand new Lucid Renegade (never thrown)
Practically new domey a$$ I-blend Aztec
Practically new Halo Shryke (might as well be a destroyer)
Super old Champy Volt (might as well be a Firebird)
Hu Phoenix (Used to bag these, anny machine, leaned on this a lot)
Used VIP Sword
Practically new Opto Vision
Beat, found Champ Sidewinder
Unthrown TI Wasp (slickest feeling disc, possibly, ever)
Metal flake C-blend RA
ESP Comet
Luster Invader
Black Zombie Chainsaw
Westside BT Medium Swan 2
Glitch
DX Polecat

I did work with the Hu Phoenix, Champ Sidewinder, RA a few times and switched to putting the Polecat about halfway through the first round. The Halo Shryke, Volt and Wraith all subbed in well for my lack of a Firebird.

The Glitch (and Polecat) saved my a$$ today. The glitch is going in the bag for sure. I threw this thing SOOO well today. I even used it off the tee a bunch. It took a bit to dial it in. I'm a torque monkey. I didn't think this thing would be useful at all to me. Wrong. So wrong. This thing is literally the definition of "It holds the line you throw it on". It goes far too. Easily. It's a laser beam. By far the most impressive disc I've thrown in a long time. Shot a +4 the first round, -5 the second. That was mostly due to dialing in the Glitch for park job upshots and gentle, floaty runs that stick. Switching to the Polecat for putting helped too, but this is the Glitch thread :D

Bith are going into the bag though :thmbup:

Most those situations I'll be throwing my beat Proxy. Been throwing the same one since they came out in soft N and I feel worlds more confident with it than the Glitch. The Glitch is fun to throw but for a serious round I feel like a Proxy or similar is more consistent.

I like the Proxy too, I just have a tendency to juice it a bit sometimes. The Glitch just sort of drops out of the sky as it gets close to the basket. Probably a mental thing, but the Glitch works better for me inside 125'.

I like the Proxy too, I just have a tendency to juice it a bit sometimes. The Glitch just sort of drops out of the sky as it gets close to the basket. Probably a mental thing, but the Glitch works better for me inside 125'.

I love proxy and envy, but I never got the hang of them on shorter approaches. Over a decade throwing wizards or slower on everything inside of 200' maybe robbed me of the skill. I love how far I can make them go, but I think slow approach discs are just my game.

I think the proxy and envy work really well from that range with a stand still flick. I'll backhand them if I need to hit that kind of line, but a wide open 150' approach with no wind, I'm flicking one of those with a touch of hyzer.

I think the proxy and envy work really well from that range with a stand still flick. I'll backhand them if I need to hit that kind of line, but a wide open 150' approach with no wind, I'm flicking one of those with a touch of hyzer.

I also default to a forehand for approach, to the extent I have recently stepped up to 125'-175' backhands that the green or wind that used to be a no brainer and have been uncomfortable, I can dial it in with an envy or proxy but my margin of error is just smaller with a slower disc.

stopped in at gggt on my return loop from a recent trip

i grabbed a glitch

once the winds dies down ill go out to test it

im not scared to throw it in the wind i just want a true test without much wind influence to see what i can do with it

im not scared to throw it in the wind i just want a true test without much wind influence to see what i can do with it

I find them surprisingly wind resistant. Well, surprising for a 150g disc.

It could be that I focus on a proper release with a high spin rate when playing with a glitch. The softer plastic definitely helps with a strong pinch-and-pivot. So perhaps there really is a bit of that semi-mythical gyro stability effect.

They'll still go further in a tailwind, and flip more in a headwind. And crosswinds definitely cause some drift. But overall it feels a bit less affected than something like a 175g DX Aviar.

I find them surprisingly wind resistant. Well, surprising for a 150g disc.

It could be that I focus on a proper release with a high spin rate when playing with a glitch. The softer plastic definitely helps with a strong pinch-and-pivot. So perhaps there really is a bit of that semi-mythical gyro stability effect.

They'll still go further in a tailwind, and flip more in a headwind. And crosswinds definitely cause some drift. But overall it feels a bit less affected than something like a 175g DX Aviar.

I'd buy that. Actually played the glitch to the limit in the wind last dubs. My partner has been putting with one but he left it at home by accident and then said "it's no good in the wind anyhow". I made a solid effort to prove him wrong. I probably should have thrown it more but I shied away on a couple headwinds and an unfavorable crosswind.. didn't do so well with the other discs, haha.

It is surprisingly reliable in the wind but maybe that's because I'm scared of the lighter weight so I'm also throwing more carefully or calculated. With an envy you just kind of let it fly and correct minimally if at all for wind.

the ion 150 class has no trouble taming the wind and you really couldnt even tell it was a 150 unless someone told you

im thinkin tomorrow will be the day i at least fling it around a bit even if its not a course

i figure worst comes to worst its my catch frisbee to stash in my car or a trick disc to show off when i throw with aim or wolfhaley

the ion 150 class has no trouble taming the wind and you really couldnt even tell it was a 150 unless someone told you

im thinkin tomorrow will be the day i at least fling it around a bit even if its not a course

i figure worst comes to worst its my catch frisbee to stash in my car or a trick disc to show off when i throw with aim or wolfhaley

I've only thrown mine for a couple rounds and it made the bag. Gonna order myself another one and one for Mrs. wolf tonight too. Such a fun disc. This is the perfect disc for all these crap 9er's at elementary schools and churchs that we frequent. Laser straight ace run disc :thmbup:

I will find a use for this thing on any course though. I thought I'd hate it. I was wrong.

I've played quite a few glitch only rounds so far. Enjoyed them all. (But especially the woods rounds.)

I'm not a great putter to begin with, and I'm worse with a glitch. Even so, I wouldn't want to putt with a glitch in the wind. I spin putt, but not with enough spin to stabilize a 150g disc.

Lightest ions I threw were all 165-166 (blue with red rims ;) ), but I had similar experiences. They were my glidey long spin put putters and short range effortless line holding turn over discs for a couple years before they became to valueable to throw.
I love the glitch but do still have better success putting those types of shots with a light putter. Throwing the difference is negligible.

Latest posts