• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] glo vs cryztal vs z zone

Your Z is straighter than your D? Is that what youre saying? Interesting

Ive talked to some people that swear the Z is a mako compared to the esp but mine are just glidier and still fade the same amount

I just got some glows but my Z is my less stable Zone compared to my ESP. My Favorites were the very early run Ds that were super concave and black. My stock in those has come and gone though.

Your Z is straighter than your D? Is that what youre saying? Interesting

Ive talked to some people that swear the Z is a mako compared to the esp but mine are just glidier and still fade the same amount

Yeah. My D is one of the older, concaves that jmitch mentioned except mine's orange and amazing. The Zs (blue, red, and white/clear) I have are all flat which makes a difference. I was really let down over the Zs. I like Zones because they're meathooks. I'm just glad I only bought five. Glo Z however are as good as it gets for me because I prefer Z plastic to ESP, and they're just slightly less beefy than the ESP (also slightly less concave...).

Mine are dead flat, i dont throw the esp anymore, if theyre not well broken in they dont glide at all. I rarely use mine off the tee and prefere to throw low flex lines and on various power levels with them, i find it easier to do withthe added glide of the Z. The esp is really hard for me to range because i have to throw it so hard to compared to the z that its pretty useless for me. I have had a couple concave D in white and black and they were really nice. My approach setup was Z zone D zone Opto pure Rattler most of the summer and it was money

My approach setup was Z zone D zone Opto pure Rattler most of the summer and it was money

YES!!!

this is exactly right

Z Zone for OS
I'm putting and driving with the D Zone atm
Opto Pure for straight driving

Elite Pro Rattler for long VERY straight stuff, get out of trouble

and warm up catch before and between rounds

it is amazing the things a Rattler can do

i got a crystal zone and it is more than flat and wicked stable...and it was stable for a zone.

i kinda like it but i think i def need to get a few pro D soft ones and use them instead of the meathook.

i got a crystal zone and it is more than flat and wicked stable...and it was stable for a zone.

i kinda like it but i think i def need to get a few pro D soft ones and use them instead of the meathook.

the soft pro d zones are the titz. i am looking for them but few seem to be available.

so a soft Zone as in an X Zone?
is that what people would like?

edit: I know you are discussing the soft pro d's but I'm just asking if people would be interested in x zones

edit: I know you are discussing the soft pro d's but I'm just asking if people would be interested in x zones

yes! that would be fantastic.

if they could figure out the pro plastic from the old rhynos or se rhynos i think they would have another big seller. i think Dynamic doesn't make money one x or pro d so they tend to make everything in z or esp and then 20 dollar limited editions.

nobody like x or pro d buzzzes...okay attack me if you like them...but compared to z throwers you guys are a small group 5% of sales at best and margins must be lower too.

i believe in base line plastics for putters. says the guy with all champ putters.

I'd buy an X Zone for putting purposes

I have some nice soft (and softening D) zones but my others feel chalky/grippy but hard as hell

something velvety would be nice

edit: concave ones...not domey

They feel very similar to the Soft X plastic used for making Bangers and Challengers. I have two of them, and they're probably the best feeling plastic I've ever felt and are both super concave. My orange one is beat to holy hell, and it's still very beefy. It'll be a sad day when it's time to retire it/it breaks. I would buy 20 of them at least if they ran them like that again. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Last edited:
The ones I'm talking about are Pro-D (at least they're marked that way), but they feel almost like Soft X (you know how firm but super grippy Soft Bangers are?). I have had my beat up orange for at least a couple years now so it could've been from one of the first runs of them.

I've got 2 of those green z zones and they are concave and money. My buddy has a purple one that is more opaque and looks like a zsp blend of some type.

Zones rock period! I have all types except the crystal. I started to get the Z to help keep the disc fresh. My D's get beat so fast: thank god they're cheap. I like the grip of the D in wet conditions. Z and ESP suck for that reason. Playing a whole round with just a D Zone in the rain and getting under par says tons about the disc.