• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow/Night aces

Geaver

Bogey Member
A guy on the 2014 aces thread just posted about how he got an ace at night, and it got me to wondering. I've gotten 4 aces, all of them during the daytime. If you've ever had a glow/nighttime ace, was it, or is that cooler than a daytime ace? Or, just tell me about your sweet night/glow ace.

PS. Does anyone know of any glow/night ace videos? I looked on YouTube and didn't find any.

I got hole 4 at cedar hills in raleigh. Flicked a chicken to the right of the tree and reverse skipped in. It was worth 175$.

I witnessed/hear a glow ace at the blockhouse Friday night glo session. Ace pot was $400. Hole 16. The downhill one over the swamp. She smashed the chains with a roc. One of the loudest sounds I have ever heard. The commentary was the best. Goes something like. Nice shot....it's got a chance...oh sh**

A guy on the 2014 aces thread just posted about how he got an ace at night, and it got me to wondering. I've gotten 4 aces, all of them during the daytime. If you've ever had a glow/nighttime ace, was it, or is that cooler than a daytime ace? Or, just tell me about your sweet night/glow ace.

PS. Does anyone know of any glow/night ace videos? I looked on YouTube and didn't find any.

Cubby has a bunch on youtube if you count those

I have 2 glow aces both last year during our glow league, One of them the basket was out of sight and we heard the disc hit the chains. We ran towards the basket and you could see a the glowing disc just hovering above the ground. it was sweet.

I haven't gotten a legit one at night but last summer I had one stick on top of the basket, wedged under the edge of the number plate. It didn't count as an ace, put a huge gash in my disc and broke the light. All around fail.

We had a doubles league round last year, and my friend hit one on an anny with a glow champ teebird. It was awesome and incredibly loud. It was also the second throw of the night.

I hit one of the easier shots at my home course at night. The best was there was no moon and we had no artificial light. Pitch black, just let the disc go, then heard chains. Great feeling, sort of felt like I used the force.

Just missed hitting one in front of my son. Turnover with a Champ Glow Cobra hit the basket :thmbdown:

My longest ace is 365' with a glow stalker at night. Hit chains on the same hole a week before with about 15 witnesses, then stuck it solo :/

me and my buddy were at the local course and i threw my flx buzz on a shot. it was at night, couldnt see the disc after about 30 feet in front of you. on the shortest hole which is probably just over 200 pretty straight shot. so i released just waited for a sound since i couldnt see anything. all of a sudden you hear chains smash and i hope it sticks. walk up to the basket and saw it laying on the right hand side of the bucket for a sweet ace.

no lights or glow discs. its a fairly open course and i know it pretty well so it isnt that hard to find discs

My first ace was at night. It was pretty cool, I could see the disc for the first half-ish of the flight (not a glow disc) and thought it looked good then a loud crashing of the chains.

I've gotten one glow ace or "glace". Hole 4 back course at Splatt Hill. I've witnessed a few more. The same as a daylight ace except for the people involved usually are a little more intoxicated at night golf than normal day rounds.

My day ace and my night ace were both very anti-climactic. No other golfers to be found. Wife and son saw the night ace but they weren't excited at all. I've been there for lots of others' aces and they were all very exciting. Yelling, hootin and hollorin. Generally a good time. One of these days I'll get some signatures.

My wife's first ace was at night. We were on a course bagging trip and hit a short niner right at dark. Most of the holes were lit well enough by streetlights but one was in the dark. We were too lazy to scout it after playing over 100 holes that day, so she threw blindly in the direction it seemed like the hole would be (natural tees, signage had nothing but the hole number). A few seconds later we heard the chains. We ran up and it had stuck for her first ace 6 years into playing.

I know a couple guy who's girls play with them too. That's pretty cool. My wife is such a girl. She would walk with me if I asked but she can't throw for nothin. Cool ace story. I'm still waitin to play a round bro. I'll be hittin mt pride around the 4th/5th.

I know a couple guy who's girls play with them too. That's pretty cool. My wife is such a girl. She would walk with me if I asked but she can't throw for nothin. Cool ace story. I'm still waitin to play a round bro. I'll be hittin mt pride around the 4th/5th.

Yup, I'm pretty lucky, mine has played more courses than all but maybe 15 guys in the world. Let me know when you'll be here, I'd love to show you around. :)

Last year Zilker Park Austin Texas pulled out a glow stalker and slammed middle chains. Had a group of 8 that witnessed it pretty awesome.

My night ace happened at Hornings Hideout - Highland #16 (the course with solar lights on baskets). I was very spooked playing alone with noises coming from the woods next to me. So, I cut over from #6 to the 15th to play my way directly to the parking lot. As I'm teeing up I hear the frogs in the pond nearby go silent (meaning there was something still crashing through the woods that I'd heard earlier. I stepped up and threw my drive and "Crash", my disc hit chains! I thought "take THAT, whatever you are!" Then I quickly played the last tw holes and got off that course! It was a lucky one - my first time playing the course AND at night!