• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Go to distance disc for those who throw under 400ft

DiscinMiller

Par Member
Those of you with average arms, what's your longest disc? Lately I've been throwing a renegade farther than anything else, but would like to hear what others bomb the best

I can sniff 400' with some distance drivers, but I'm pretty accurate in the 350' - 385' range with PDs and Valkyries. When I get up into wider rims it's definitely less consistent, but I'm working on it.

OLFs for my best controlled distance and Terns for max distance. The Champion Terns behave, for me, pretty much like my OLFs, just some 40' or so longer. The Starlite Terns are my max distance, but require a lot more room to work.

For distance and accuracy; A Fuzion Escape, Pro Wraith and a Blizzard Destroyer.

The Blizzard I bought on a whim to practice my forehand as I have an old shoulder injury and ended up being surprised at how well it flies backhand.

For distance and accuracy; A Fuzion Escape, Pro Wraith and a Blizzard Destroyer.

The Blizzard I bought on a whim to practice my forehand as I have an old shoulder injury and ended up being surprised at how well it flies backhand.

You throw with hyzer for forehand I am guessing... Try a z crank

champ tern in the 160's (doesn't really matter if high or low 160's in my experience).

I've parked this hole which is 375ft and requires a huge turnover shot on my home course a many times with a champ tern. I have a hard time even getting to 380ft on an open field.

Lots of tern love I see. If you like champ terns, try an opto bolt. I bag a gold bolt for tailwind duty, this thing booooooooombs. Got about 520 ft on the hole 18 bomb gauge at blue ribbon pines with it.

Last edited:
OLFs for my best controlled distance and Terns for max distance. The Champion Terns behave, for me, pretty much like my OLFs, just some 40' or so longer. The Starlite Terns are my max distance, but require a lot more room to work.

With a 162g Sirius OLF I've thrown almost 500' with a 15mph L to R tailwind...

My actual max distance with no wind is 400' backhand and 350' forehand. For me the OLF and Striker are interchangeable, and are my best controlled distance also. I get a consistent 350'-400' with them in open fields, takes ~20'-30' height, and about the same width on an S curve.

Backhand I can hit the same distance with less height and straighter with my Gold line Halo. And the same distance with more height and wider S turn with an Opto Vision, which also gets me 400' rollers on hard ground with short grass.

Forehand the XXX gets me 350' rollers. And I use a max weight Striker, OLF, or Blitz for the same distance in the air with no wind. Obviously lighter or a bit worn in for tailwind, and the Blitz for headwind duty.

For lazer lines I can only do about 300'-325' at <15' height and <10' S turn with a beat striker FH, and the same or my opto vision backhand. The Halo will hit the same lines up to 350' but skips big at the end.

Last edited: