• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good disc to dye.

iGniTe

I was looking to dye a Discraft Pro D soft magnet. Would this be a good disc to dye (it would be my first dye).

Ions make for some nice dyeing canvases :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CAM-Realty-Ion-Golf-Disc/201383348605?v=photos

2qxw66c.jpg

as far as basic line dyes, don't waste your time...
best results for colorful dyes are gonna be on white Star or ESP
also milky white or transparent z, champ, opto, etc. works well
it's better to use a new premium disc but don't be afraid to get down with other lighter colored discs and ones that are slightly used.

white Pro also takes colors well for me. but don't count on it maintaining any sharp detail/fine lines for any length of time, it'll get fuzzy after a while, whereas the premium plastic's dyes will sometimes last a lil longer.

Elite X doesn't take colors well for me at all. even letting it soak in for a week, the spin dyes always start out looking faded... it feels like a wasted effort seeing your precious colors just wash off under the sink afterwards :(

I am planning on getting an ion, then dying the longhorns logo on it, should be something very simple, since its my first dye.

phreak said:
Worm 28 said:
Ions make for some nice dyeing canvases :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CAM-Realty-Ion-Golf-Disc/201383348605?v=photos

2qxw66c.jpg

Wow!!! Nice dyeing...and great photography!!!

I wish I had the artistic ability to do dyes like that... this was done by one of our Facebook fans! He was so generous enough to donate one of them back to us, so we are sending him a few more Ions for his efforts and generosity :)

Well, to be fair to actual artists I would argue that it is the patience of the dyer you admire, not her artistic ability. That doesn't make them any less kick-ass, though. Looks to me like Ions are great to dye, and they even come with a pre-fab picture frame!

Latest posts