• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
Ted Damson said:
I hope whoever does your ad graphics doesn't suck :lol:

<--

yeah wouldn't that just suck... I would have to make some hard core fun of that "person" then kick em in the shin and take my money back!

I haven't seen the Gorilla Boy logo on the Simians... Maybe it's on the flap that's usually rolled up in the photos... If not, why not put it on the chair top???? Or maybe you could do that on the orange and black one that I'm gonna order in January when I lose my job and get my severance.... Gotta have priorites!!!

Hey Chris I've seen/known of your product for some time now but since my Revo bags going strong i have not researched bags all that much. But I'm sick of caring around big bag for my home course when it only requires me to use only 5-10 discs. So, I want to get a new smaller bag for Christmas and use my current one for tourneys.
I'm looking into your spider or squirrel, let me see if I have the differences correct. The Squirrel is a Spider but with a 2nd drink holder on the side and the side pocket of the Spider is now between the main and putter pocket? with the sizes of all pockets a little different sizes? does that pretty much sum it up? The different price is due to the 2nd drink holder?

I also see you guys sponsor 10 tourneys a year are you all filed up for 2010? I would like to know if you guys can sponsor the 2010 ND State Championships. Let me know what the requirements are.

I finally broke down and bought a Spider Monkey tonight.

I went with Kelly Green, thanks to dgdave.

erb said:
Hey Chris I've seen/known of your product for some time now but since my Revo bags going strong i have not researched bags all that much. But I'm sick of caring around big bag for my home course when it only requires me to use only 5-10 discs. So, I want to get a new smaller bag for Christmas and use my current one for tourneys.
I'm looking into your spider or squirrel, let me see if I have the differences correct. The Squirrel is a Spider but with a 2nd drink holder on the side and the side pocket of the Spider is now between the main and putter pocket? with the sizes of all pockets a little different sizes? does that pretty much sum it up? The different price is due to the 2nd drink holder?

I also see you guys sponsor 10 tourneys a year are you all filed up for 2010? I would like to know if you guys can sponsor the 2010 ND State Championships. Let me know what the requirements are.

spider= 1 drink holder, 6x8x2 zipper pocket, 8-10 discs
squirrel= 2 drink holders, 9x9x2 zipper pocket,8-10 discs (a few more if you put em in the zipper pocket),padded back

the price difference is based on how much material is used and how much time is spent to make it, and there is just as much cordura used in a Squirrel as there is in a Chimp and thats why the price is $60 for the squirrel, plus it takes a bit longer to put together than the spider.

hope that answer is clear enough for you to under stand the price difference

Here's a tip on "making" a padded back for the Chimp (and I imagine it will work on Spider too): Put a putter in the back pocket.

Hello Chris,

Just wondering about ordering a bag, I have a dual pack, but your proto testers ( Great write-ups everyone here and the PDGA Board) and the quality features have won me over. Plus also being from wisconsin I really enjoy the support you have given local tourneys etc. Great product great work. I see there are some units on hand for the Simian, but I was thinking I might like the Black and Gray bag. I also want to get one one soon enough to try it out this season. How long would it take If i pre-ordered a black and gray, ballpark I know you are very busy. Are the units listed as in stock for the other colors available now? I might talk myself into another color.

gorillaboy said:
I kinda have this "thing" about not bringing in others into my business...probably has more to do with the fact I was raised in business with my parents and generaly see it as a bad idea to bring others into business with me...even with the right legal paper work...just not some thing I think I really wanna do...but you never know, it is an interesting idea :wink:

what I need to happen is for my business to start doubling from what it has been so I can justify quiting the day job...and I think a proper add campainge is the way to get to that goal so thats what I'm starting to work on....

you'd be amazed at how much just me and my mom can whip out in one week when I dont have to work any place but on the bags

Getting people to invest capital doesn't necessarily mean you are bringing them into the business operation. They are simply providing seed money for you to grow your business in the way you see fit. You simply give them something in return for their investment in you, whether that is a share in the company, free merch or or paid interest.

OK - I just went back through the last 40 or so pages here (mostly to look at the Simian progression), and while I can't get myself to spend the 2 C's for a Simian (mostly cuz I'm not sold on using a backpack for DG), I am now very interested in a Kong or Silverback. How many discs does a Silverback hold. I know the website gives a number, but it seems like you can always fit in a few more discs than the official count - looking for real-world experiences. Thanks.

Second that!

I want a Silverback. People who have one, talk about, go --

edit: I want a Silverback in addition to the Simian I'll have shortly 8)
can't think of a cooler set.. Silver for everyday stuff and Simian for battle/lab.

I usually carry 12 or 13 in my silverback, but I just grabbed a bunch of random discs and shoved them in to see what I could cram in and got 20 in there with no trouble. 6 of which were voodoos and wizards.

I use a Silverback (and love it) and I have 2 Wizards in the putter pocket. In the main compartment I have 2 more Wiz, 2 Demons, 2 Rocs, 2 TLs, 2 Orcs, 2 Wraiths and 1 R-Pro Boss. I like a little room for movement so 14 discs would make it a tight fit. I'm sure you could go up a few more if you didn't have putters in the main compartment like myself so I would say 13-15 depending on your total disc height.

I could fit 16 or 17 in a Silverback no problem. I also really want to get one again, it was the perfect size for my tourney set up.

I traded my Silverback for a Kong and realized the kong had way too much room in it. I never need to carry 20+ discs.

My Silverback set up is...

2 Grid Classic Aviars
2 DX Classic Rocs
3 DX Rancho Rocs
1 1.7 EXP1's
3 DX Gazelles
1 Champ Teebird
2 Pro Stafires
1 Z-150 Flick

The main compartment is loose - I shove a golf rag in the with the discs - just a preference thing, cuz I wipe my discs every shot like a bowler rags of the ball each time he picks it up.

Zero discs in the pocket...

15 discs with room to spare...

Ted Damson said:
Second that!

I want a Silverback. People who have one, talk about, go --

edit: I want a Silverback in addition to the Simian I'll have shortly 8)
can't think of a cooler set.. Silver for everyday stuff and Simian for battle/lab.

I carry 18 discs in my silverback, after taking the divider out.
4 putters, 5 midranges, and 9 drivers. (1 challenger, 3 magics, 1 roc, 4 comets, 2 destroyers, 3 predators, 2 strikers, 2 leopards)

I love this bag, and I previously had a carolina. Wouldn't consider going back to a carolina either, I like how light the silverback is in comparison, and it holds the necessary things in it. When loaded up and compared to a carolina fully loaded, the balancing of the bag in much more toward the middle - meaning that a fully loaded carolina carries much more weight further away from your spine.