• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
RoomTenONine said:
gorillaboy said:
I kinda have this "thing" about not bringing in others into my business...probably has more to do with the fact I was raised in business with my parents and generaly see it as a bad idea to bring others into business with me...even with the right legal paper work...just not some thing I think I really wanna do...but you never know, it is an interesting idea :wink:

what I need to happen is for my business to start doubling from what it has been so I can justify quiting the day job...and I think a proper add campainge is the way to get to that goal so thats what I'm starting to work on....

you'd be amazed at how much just me and my mom can whip out in one week when I dont have to work any place but on the bags

Getting people to invest capital doesn't necessarily mean you are bringing them into the business operation. They are simply providing seed money for you to grow your business in the way you see fit. You simply give them something in return for their investment in you, whether that is a share in the company, free merch or or paid interest.

yeah I totally understand that..and I do appreciate the fact that some of you are willing to help out in that way!.. my problem isn't really funds though it's lack of time

Just keep doing what you do. It works. When you find the day you can not meet demand, and by this i mean in all lines, not just the Simian, then you'll have found the day you can quit your other job :)

matt51776 said:
Hello Chris,

Just wondering about ordering a bag, I have a dual pack, but your proto testers ( Great write-ups everyone here and the PDGA Board) and the quality features have won me over. Plus also being from wisconsin I really enjoy the support you have given local tourneys etc. Great product great work. I see there are some units on hand for the Simian, but I was thinking I might like the Black and Gray bag. I also want to get one one soon enough to try it out this season. How long would it take If i pre-ordered a black and gray, ballpark I know you are very busy. Are the units listed as in stock for the other colors available now? I might talk myself into another color.

every thing thats listed for Simian's right now is pre orders only...I'm working on 10 of em right now but 6 of those have to be shipped out right away...and what ever is left I'm going to fix the numbers on the store once there done..

I been toting the same silverback for 3-4 years and i'm still in love with it.

Purple and Camo - cant go wrong with that!

gorillaboy said:
RoomTenONine said:
gorillaboy said:
I kinda have this "thing" about not bringing in others into my business...probably has more to do with the fact I was raised in business with my parents and generaly see it as a bad idea to bring others into business with me...even with the right legal paper work...just not some thing I think I really wanna do...but you never know, it is an interesting idea :wink:

what I need to happen is for my business to start doubling from what it has been so I can justify quiting the day job...and I think a proper add campainge is the way to get to that goal so thats what I'm starting to work on....

you'd be amazed at how much just me and my mom can whip out in one week when I dont have to work any place but on the bags

Getting people to invest capital doesn't necessarily mean you are bringing them into the business operation. They are simply providing seed money for you to grow your business in the way you see fit. You simply give them something in return for their investment in you, whether that is a share in the company, free merch or or paid interest.

yeah I totally understand that..and I do appreciate the fact that some of you are willing to help out in that way!.. my problem isn't really funds though it's lack of time

I completely hear you man. Just know we all love your gear and want to help such a cool guy go big time (when he's ready). Keep on sewing.

ok I got the Simians up now on the store for what I have in stock now! no more pre-sales ...so as of right now theres 3 black, and 1 camo

Wow - ordered Sunday night and the bag was waiting for me when I got home tonight. Love it already. I had a PDGA bag - I really liked it, but it weighs almost as much empty as my Silverback with 16 disc. Thanks Gorilla Boy!

mason65 said:
Just get a black and grey one...the dirty Panda.

I tried a dirty panda once with an old girlfriend of mine and she really didn't dig it. I think the problem was that I didn't tell her I was going to do it, women don't like having that type of thing sprung on them.

Frank Delicious said:
mason65 said:
Just get a black and grey one...the dirty Panda.

I tried a dirty panda once with an old girlfriend of mine and she really didn't dig it. I think the problem was that I didn't tell her I was going to do it, women don't like having that type of thing sprung on them.

What a prude!

Anyone have any experience rigging up a silverback for carrying an SLR? I was playing around with it last night and I can get it in the side pocket, but it's a bit cumbersome to fish out of there. I think I'll cut some foam out to support it in the pocket but wonder if there's a better way to rig it up. Maybe if I take out a few discs for when I'm carrying the SLR and rig something up for in there....