• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is terrible. My girlfriend just ordered me a brand new black/grey Simian for me for Christmas, and all I can think about now is picking myself up a black Squirrel Monkey to go with it. That way my Simian can have a baby brother :) I have been contemplating picking up a nice small bag for days that I don't want to carry the big beast around. Also for days when I want to play with a limited number of discs to work on my form, because if I carry the big bag I'll end up throwing them all!

Plus I figure the Squirrel Monkey will make a great loaner bag for days when I play with a friend who doesn't have any discs let alone a bag. I can load up the little bag with some good beginner discs and let them have at it! Plus they will make such an awesome pair :)

yeah I know the store sucks with the color swatches and all:doh: ...but I am having that worked on here shortly, so soon hopefully I will have photo's up for each bag in each color!!!!;)

is it correct that only the black and camo are available at this time?
any idea when some of the other colors will be available?
do you sell wholesale to retailers?

Hi Chris;

I just wanted to say thanks for the personal service that you provided to me. The longer strap works very well. I'm really enjoying the bag.

If I may offer a couple of suggestions. Something sticky on the shoulder pad will help the pad stay on your shoulder. (Most laptop bag straps have this.) I smeared RTV on mine and it works well. Also, my old bag had a D ring for my towel. I miss that.

Again thanks and keep up the good work.

This post was not sponsored in any way by any corporate entity.

is it correct that only the black and camo are available at this time?
any idea when some of the other colors will be available?
do you sell wholesale to retailers?

if your talking about the Simian's yeah I only have black and camo right now, and I'm not sure when I'm gonna get more made up and in stock.
got everything I can do right now just to keep up with my other bags at the moment.

I have one retailer I sell to and that's it.
I prefer to deal directly with my customers and that's sorta why I don't really do any other wholesaling with anyone else, plus I don't think I could keep up with the demand it would take to wholesale right now to retailers.

GBDS you bags are awesome i have a black (silverback) and ive had it for about a year now and its still holding up great . hopefully i can round up some money and get another bag with your discount. thanks dude

1) Look at the join dates, they are 8 months apart. If GB schemed that up he is not only swift but also one patient mofo because I would not be able to hold back my fake excitement that long.

2) Ziggy, awesome on you for promoting deaf disc golf. I recently played a tournament with a deaf golfer and he was a very nice guy. I have also returned a disc to one of his friends and they have a whole group that golfs out here. Keep up the good work

3) Welcome GB, I need to see one of your bags in person, does anyone in the ATL area carry one?

Welcome to GBDS!

I've been utilizing one of your Chimp bags since this last April and I must say it has lived up to the workhorse reputation that preceded it. I have a history of being very hard on my belongings and the Chimp has been no exception having seen use almost daily since getting it. I recommend your bags to every one I play with.

I'm certainly intrigued by the Simian and its very functional design, but honestly put off by what I perceive as the low number of discs your site says it can hold. Is it possible to squeeze in more than 12 in the main compartment? Or do you have any plans to revise the layout to hold more plastic?

Welcome to GBDS!

I'm certainly intrigued by the Simian and its very functional design, but honestly put off by what I perceive as the low number of discs your site says it can hold. Is it possible to squeeze in more than 12 in the main compartment? Or do you have any plans to revise the layout to hold more plastic?

some of the guys that have claim they can fit a couple more in there even though it was not my intention for them to be in there, you can fit another 4 discs in the putter pockets plus if you really want to you could easily fit another 10 into the side zipper pockets.

my intentions of the Simian was "not" to carry as much plastic with you as humanly possible! my design is intended for a minimalist approach to disc golf while trying to incorperate every thing the average tourney player would need/carry with them on the course and to put it all into one functional bag design.

I currently do not have any plans to make the main disc carrying compartment any bigger or smaller on the Simian, I do have design tweaks in mind but they will not change any thing function wise or disc carrying wise of any sort on the Simian.

THANKS FOR ALL THE WELCOMES!!

I also want to thank to Chris for his excellent service. Took advantage of the free shipping offer on Friday and my new Spider Monkey arrived in NC on Monday!

Unfortunately for me, I convinced my wife to buy me this bag for Christmas so now I have to wait another three week to open the box. C'mon Christmas!

it means that gb and his buddy ziggy are one in the same, or appear to be, judging by their posting habits.

Ziggy and Gorilla boys DGCR numbers are 3000 apart, not solid evidence that they are not the same, but as I have stated before, When I started an account for my daughter, TimG PMed me the same day saying why is their another account on the same IP address.

Schizo? Wtf. It's bad enough I have a disability in deafness.

And to boot, being a school psychologist, I don't need to consider the dual disorder diagnosis.

Let's be more constructive and improve our gear and game here.

Def agree its nice to see a homemade manufacturer reaching out among the masses!

Most Deaf individuals don't consider it a disability
***edit****
It sounded like I was accusing you of faking a disability, I'll PM you the post.

Anyway WELCOME to DGCR Gorilla Boy

Unfortunately for me, I convinced my wife to buy me this bag for Christmas so now I have to wait another three week to open the box. C'mon Christmas!

I'm in the same boat with my Simian! My girlfriend bought me the Simian for Christmas and it should be arriving this week but will have to wait till Christmas to open it :wall:

I'm certainly intrigued by the Simian and its very functional design, but honestly put off by what I perceive as the low number of discs your site says it can hold.

That's actually one of the things I really like about it. I don't play any better with 20 discs than I do with 10, but I sure as heck always cram in as many as I can fit for some reason. I don't mind a bag that holds a few less, I think it helps me narrow down my disc choice to what I really need.

Most Deaf individuals don't consider it a disability
***edit****
It sounded like I was accusing you of faking a disability, I'll PM you the post.

Anyway WELCOME to DGCR Gorilla Boy

There are 440 Deaf Disc Golfers across the country who can tell you who Ziggy is...

http://il09.org/index.htm - Ziggy hosted the Deaf Nationals held in SPI this last year... Gorilla Boy was a major sponsor.

http://ddga.org/main/